Away Fans Issue....

CaleyD

Was speaking to someone yesterday and it was mentioned that ICT fans had been reported to the SPL/SFA in regards to people being ejected from the Dundee Utd game...and it's not the first report this season.

Since it's not something that's come up in forum discussion following the game and I wasn't there then I can't say who, what, how or why. All I know is that their appears to be a small group of people who have managed to get themselves on the radar and are damaging the otherwise good name of the ICT travelling support.

No idea what, if anything, the club are doing about it.....although I may not be popular for mentioning it on here!!! But if you've been one of those ejected from a game this season then you might want to keep your head down just in case.

• Agree 1

ICT fans had been reported to the SPL/SFA in regards to people being ejected from the Dundee Utd game...and it's not the first report this season.

Who reports any such incidents? The police? The ref? The home club?

ICT fans had been reported to the SPL/SFA in regards to people being ejected from the Dundee Utd game...and it's not the first report this season.

As I understood it the reports came from the SPL Rep at the games.

Any or all of the above.

If a fan encroaches the pitch it will be included in the referees report as would any abuse towards players or officials.

However, based on what CaleyD posted, it sounds more likely that in the post game debrief that each club holds between the stewards/police/club this has been raised and reported to the SPL.

The debrief at the end of each game lists pretty much everything that happens at a game from about an hour beforehand until well after. It can be mundane things like a turnstile not working, discovery of a broken seat (not necessarily vandalised), people being turned away for being drunk or not in possesion of a valid ticket for all ticket matches, all sorts of things but also includes arrests, ejections and other more serious things. If the reports get to the SPL and they are collating them, then what might seem like isolated incidents at a number of away grounds soon starts to look like a pattern .........

Not preaching to anyone about behaviour, thats your own decision, and your own risk, but as we have said to people on here who have previously tried to push the boundaries of the site .... be aware that your actions have consequences and be prepared for them ...

glad someone raised this to CaleyD and thought enough about the fans to give them a heads up ... it gives them an opportunity to self-police or self-moderate and stay out of trouble as they follow ICT !

Members of my family get to every away game and remark that it's the same lads of about 16/17 who get ejected every week. Bit of a waste of money going really.

But it's cool to be ejected .... No ?

Members of my family get to every away game and remark that it's the same lads of about 16/17 who get ejected every week. Bit of a waste of money going really.

But it's cool to be ejected .... No ?

:twothumbsup:

I think this is a bit of a non story really and there would be no 'consequnces' whatsoever.

By reading other football forums this isn't restricted to just ICTFC fans. It seems that a game doesn't go past without away fans being unfairly treated and thrown out. Certain grounds appear worse than others. It seems like there hasn't been a game where Dundee Utd stewards haven't thrown out away fans for whatever reason.

I think this is a bit of a non story really and there would be no 'consequnces' whatsoever.

By reading other football forums this isn't restricted to just ICTFC fans. It seems that a game doesn't go past without away fans being unfairly treated and thrown out. Certain grounds appear worse than others. It seems like there hasn't been a game where Dundee Utd stewards haven't thrown out away fans for whatever reason.

I agree that stewarding can be heavy handed, and from reading those same forums, that its not restricted to just ICT fans at Tannadice. However, the comment has been made that its not the first report about ICT fans this season, so its not just Tannadice. That was followed by comments from some of our own that it possibly seems to be the same group of younger fans at more than 1 away day ..... so lets not kid ourselves and blame the stewards whilst canonising the ICT fans ... yes the stewards can be pr!cks (see St Mirren in the dictionary), but its not a trait they have exclusivity on and fans can be just as out of order !

• Agree 1

well i was at tannadice and i could see where the stewards were targeting. it was some of the singing lot and from what i could tell it was mainly over this inconsistancy of standing where stewards can be relaxed in some and draconian in others. they didnt do much else apart from stand at the back and sing not inconveniencing anyone but the stewards

I didn't start this thread to argue the rights and wrongs of what might have happened at any individual game, I started it to give a heads up that some people seem to have found their way on to the radar and I think they need to be mindful of that fact.

Would have been easier for me to just say nothing, but I don't want to see any ICT fan landing themselves in bother when it can be easily avoided.

But it is a specific club problem. These young lads usually get ejected for standing up. St Mirren is one club who openly admit they do not eject supporters of the large supports who stand up for safety reasons. Watch Sky any weekend and Rangers/Celtic/Hearts fans will be standing up without a steward in sight. However I think that the original post by Caley D proves this is probably one that cannot be won.

I think that the original post by Caley D proves this is probably one that cannot be won.

Until the rules change and standing is allowed, you are right, that argument cannot be won.

The stewards are either doing their job and applying the rules that are in place in which case people will be hassled to sit down, or they are ignoring/turning a blind eye to them and letting fans off with standing and therefore being more lenient than they should. In either event, you cannot really argue against them applying the rules, the argument is to get the rules changed. The fact that particular groups of stewards are inconsistent, rude and/or arrogant in how they apply those rules or who they apply them to is irrelevant (in this argument at least).

Going back to CaleyD's original post - as he said, this is not a thread designed to really debate standing/sitting or the behaviour of stewards ... it was more a heads up about something that came to his attention and which may affect certain fans if they continue to engage in certain behaviour. They know who they are I would assume, and they can choose to take note of the information or ignore it ... but they cannot say they werent warned ....

Good to forewarn the people involved but will probably fall on deaf ears.

Some fans can be as thick as mince and some Stewards can be too, so you would think there would be some common ground to reach an understanding.

The problem with stewards is not just at away grounds, I can recall a few years ago waiting my turn to leave ICT's car park when a car drove round the back of lines of cars to be stopped by a Steward and I overheard him saying out loud to the driver 'So you thought you could sneak round the back you F##king C##t' (think I could see kids in the back of their car too),I thought a bit over zealous for someone wanting to leave the car park, I am assuming that the said person didnt keep their job very long.

So unless you can prove that the stewards are being overzealous and unreasonable its better to do as they ask.

O.T.

apologies that your earlier post got deleted jamie .... as you posted the same thing multiple times, I think multiple moderators must have deleted all the duplicates at the same time and all of the posts disappeared.

Its not a clampdown though Jamie, its an application of the rules that are actually in place !!!! If you go to a game and behave within the actual rules, there is (usually) nothing to fear. If you can bend them at certain grounds and not cause hassle for yourselves or antagonise the stewards then fair enough, but you know as well as I do that many stewards are very officious and if you get in their face, there will only be one winner and normally it wont be the fans .... thats really what this thread was intended for ... a heads up to consider obeying or even pulling back a little and bending them but stopping short of breaking them and then causing bother/antagonism when confronted about it ....

As I said before ...... Until or unless the rules about standing change, then how the rules are applied, and who they are applied to matters not a jot. Frustrating as **** I agree, but at the root of it, it's the rule thats causing the issue, and the application of the rule, or in some cases the non-application of it that is causing the frustration. Lobby to have the rule changed rather than all out confrontation and the outcome might just be better !

• Agree 1