Pitch Inspection***GAME OFF***

L_G

How is this an embarassment? Rain that was much heavier than forcast, undersoil heating (installed because of SPL rules) making it impossible to spike certain areas of the pitch, SPL referee having to do pitch inspection and TV pushing for the game to be played thus delaying the decision. The club didn't call the game off for burst pipes, stadium roof blowing off or undersoil heating failing so why are we embarassed? As insurance companies love to say "An Act of God". No blame to the clube or ground staff.

What would be the problem with playing it at 3pm? We're going to lose the tv cameras anyway (most likely) in a midweek game, celtic are going to have a huge fixture pile-up and its more than likely that the pitch will dry up in time with the rain stopping and the tide going out.

Ugh

Still nothing on official website.

I agree rain is nothing that can be done about!

However the club are letting fans down bu not being able to update site quickly, this is not the first time!

I heard form someone in Glasgow!!!!!!

Also agree fixtures now in chaos as no free time to fit this in before split and depending on results could be material as to who is in top 6!

Would also agree since undersoil heating installed more games have been postponed

Hate to rub salt into the wounds but the weather is now warm and sunny with a light breeze to dry out the ground. Wish they could have left it a little bit longer before calling the game off. :annoyed:

If it's anything Like a few weeks back it'll be a day or so before it's playable.

Nobody's fault noone can help the weather. Had a feeling it would be off though the forecast for the last week said it would be heavy rain fri and sat. So not really too much of a surprise.

The Scottish football authorities deserve all the criticism they receive .. they have no thought or consideration for fans who attend their games.

To postpone a game in April two less than two hours before the scheduled kick off demonstrates how little if any thought was given to travelling fans of both clubs.

The Met Office Invent forecasting system has a site for the Caledonian Stadium in Inverness. The forecast last night was for heavy rain from 02.00 hours until 10,00 hours this morning, followed by good drying conditions, a rising south westerly wind and sunshine. By midday the pitch will be draining and drying quite quickly .. by 15.00 hours it should be perfectly playable.

Why was there no earlier inspection ? This nonsense of refusing to use local referees and having to use the match official in the SPL must stop .. none of this is the club's fault just part and parcel of fans being at the bottom of the list .. Health and Safety of pampered players and television timing dominate everything.

I was on my way to the game having already checked that the game was on when I heard there was an inspection under way. It is a fair distance from the North West Highlands to Inverness but Caley are our team and my daughter and I were prepared to make the early start due to the midday kick off .. so we turned around and went home. If I was a Celtic fan I would be fuming.

Scottish football organisation is a shambles .. a ten club SPL, inconvenient kick off times, lack of information, appalling communications, no sense of urgency, referee's strike, out of touch senior management .. the list goes on .. and finally zero consultation with you and me . the fans.

• Agree 6

There wasn't even that much rain! Total rajing ! Jog on!

It was a full on Monsoon for a time - rain woke me up a couple of times, around 6ish it was insane, the noise the rain was making bouncing off the roof was something else. Turned to snow for a while on the hills though so time to get the skis out and head to the hills instead!

Undersoil heating installation has surely caused far more postponements than it's prevented???

Thursday 14th April is looking like the best date for the rearranged fixture.

Its a Europa league date and not a Champions league fixture.

Celtic are already playing other teams midweek before the split but this date would give them the longest break between games ie Saturday, Tuesday, us Thursday? and a cup game on the Sunday.

This seems fairest otherwise you have to start changing other fixtures against Celtic inconveniencing other teams too without any any gain.

We would of course have a couple more days rest than Celtic but that would be the case of any team who plays them during a second midweek game.If we dont get that slot which seems the most logical date then I would say that ICT are being treated unfairly as other games are being played on a Wednesday except that week when they play St Johnstone on the Tuesday and its a 6pm ko which gives them an even longer rest.

This is so annoying. If the game had been scheduled for 3pm it would have been on.

Another chance of ?80k gone. Celtic even flew up for the game and "roughed" it again in the Kingsmills Spa boutique.

looking at the fixture list I came to that exact same conclusion. Wonder if we will be right ?

FFS i was all ready with my lift organised someone tell me its the 1st of April :irritated:

Not quite as bad as getting into Nairn on the train from Aberdeen to find the game is off!

Its a Europa league date and not a Champions league fixture.

Celtic are already playing other teams midweek before the split but this date would give them the longest break between games ie Saturday, Tuesday, us Thursday? and a cup game on the Sunday.

This seems fairest otherwise you have to start changing other fixtures against Celtic inconveniencing other teams too without any any gain.

We would of course have a couple more days rest than Celtic but that would be the case of any team who plays them during a second midweek game.If we dont get that slot which seems the most logical date then I would say that ICT are being treated unfairly as other games are being played on a Wednesday except that week when they play St Johnstone on the Tuesday and its a 6pm ko which gives them an even longer rest.

If the SPL had any common sense and gumption they'd realise that the forecast is good. The camera's and studio are already set up. The refs and teams are in Inverness and the only problem is turning back fans and getting them to travel tomorrow instead. Announce a 24 hr postponement and all is sorted. I cant see celtic being asked to play on 14th, that would mean 4 games in 8 days, but who knows.

Clubs a joke ashamed to even call myself a fan

yeah - u would think they would be able to control the weather wouldn't u?

The club is NOT a joke and I am always PROUD to let everyone know I am a Caley Thistle fan.

I'm really upset that there is talk of not renewing season tickets and the likes.... Dam you Butcher!!! Did MM forget to book the weather..... dam you sky... if it was a 1500 kick off we would have a game, dam you all!!!!