Celtic game

sneckfan

Sorry if this has been mentioned on another thread, I hadn't heard or seen it until just now. On the radio they just said that if we win today then the top six can't be confirmed so Celtic will have to come up here on Thursday to play the rearranged fixture, Anyone elso know anything about this?

Thats pretty much it ......

basically, if we lose today or Motherwell win then the top six is decided and they can reschedule the Celtic game for whenever they want (at a time to suit Celtic and likely after the split).

However, if we win and Well lose (or draw) then the Top 6 is not decided and it will need to be played before the split and this coming Thursday is pretty much the only date they have available.

Incidentally - an ICTFC win today makes it mathematically impossible for us to be relegated !

Incidentally - an ICTFC win today makes it mathematically impossible for us to be relegated !

Apparently you should really say "arithmetically" in this context.

But don't ask me the difference. I'm not just a pedant, I'm an ignorant pedant! :twothumbsup:

not yet - I would expect this fixture and rest of split fixtures to be released this week ......

In other news, the Hamilton loss yesterday means that only they, St Mirren, Aberdeen or St Johnstone can now be relegated ... everyone else is safe

• 2 weeks later...

Can you imagine Aberdeen being relegated?

That's harder to imagine than the Vancouiver Canucks being absolutely thrashed by the Chicago Blackhawks 7-2 in game 4 of the ice hockey playoffs after leading the 7-game series 3-0 and their winning the 4th game to move on to the next opponent looking like a certainty.Before the rout started the Hawks looked completely down and out... goes to show, folks, it's never over 'till it's over. :slapme: