Duncan signs new contract.

Guest ICT_94

Guest ICT_94

Agreed. The Daily Record also reports that Tokely is 'ironing out a few minor details' on an extension to his deal. Great news.

As long as they put a clause in the contract for extra passing practice every day.

Up to the Motherwell / Dons / Livvy games he was much improved, but fell back into his old ways with some woeful passes - in my mind he was at fault for Livvy's equaliser last Saturday.

Th P & J had also thought there might be a bit of a squad breakup this summer, we will just have to wait and see.

I think he was at fault as well for their equaliser with a slack back pass but I still think the cross could have been defended better. I like the bit at the end of the BBC story - Roy McBain played a reserve game after 2 months out. Nice and simple there!

Guest ICT_94

Fair point however it does set a good example for other players to follow suit and commit their immediate future to the club.

So do we think that Russel Duncan is chuffed at being offered a new contract?

Did he wonder if he was in line for a shunt? Every team needs a midfield grafter, but a grafter that can pass is a bonus!

I have to admit that i have never been a fan of russel duncan but in the last month hes been our best player! I think hes worth a new deal but i would only give him another season to prove that he is not only good enough to be playing for an SPL team but he can also pass a ball. The guy infuriates me at times with his slack play but then he does something really good lol, :roll:

He wasn't so sharp against Livi or Aberdeen but for about 3 maybe 4 games before them he was playing really well indeed. He is an easy target for a lot of folk, myself included I must admit, but I can also admit when he has been playing well and over the last month he has been a lot better - but just exclude Aberdire and Lavi :wink:

Guest Murchie1

Good article in the Daily Ranger today (I can't get the link thingy), in which Russell Duncan talks about the feelgood factor of the ICT dressing room, and the whole ICT player ethos. Whatever you think of him as a player - and I've had my moments - this is commitment to the jersey at its best

Guest Murchie1

It was on someone's desk as I went by - honest! I wouldn't BUY it!

But seriously - let's give Russell our wholehearted support - I think his performance at Hibs recently showed just what he can do and how important he can be to the team's success in the future. I might slag him off for the odd missed pass - but am the first to give him credit when he excels.

come on guys, Russel does a great job in a very un glamorous position. its extremely difficult to look good playing in that holding role and i think he,and the job he does for the team, wont be fully appreciated until he has gone

No one plays that role as well as Russell Duncan does, although I suspect wee Black could probably do the job, and deliver a top pass having got the ball in a deep position.

Russell Duncan has been a great player for us this season, yes some passes can go off a bit but every player has been guilty of that.

The thing with Duncan is that you never really notice him when he's having a good game, its only when something goes wrong . And in my opinion that's the sign of a good player. The people who slag him off should watch just him for a wee while, bit like having player cam and watch what he does.

I'm really glad he's signed up, well done Russell.