ICT under 15s

cairngorm

The under 15s reach a final of a tournament in Holland , can they play in the final?? no they cant!!!Why not i hear you all ask.

1) Ferry times were booked wrong, the management(U15s) didnt get them changed

2) They didnt book another nite in the accommodation for the boys so they could play in the final.

3) The coaches asked the organisers to change the time of the final, such arrogance on their part expecting tournment organisers to change things because of their own incompetence.

Parents paid out a lot of money for the young boys to go out there and play and take part in the tournament, they reached the final , a trophy could have been brought back, the boys could have had winners medals.

Now they have nothing.

ICT a SPL team??? They dont have the ambition of one.

The club cant afford to buy players they have to try and bring them through and what happens they reach the final AND nothing else is done for them . Hang your heads in shame ICT and those involved in this catastrophe. As for the young boys well done, you all played your part like professionals , pity the same could not be said about those in charge of you.

Edited by cairngorm
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 4

Well done under 15s, keep pushing on, Dont lose faith in your coaches as they have helped develop your skills on the pitch and have got you to the level you are at now, sadly though their experience and expertise seem to falter off the pitch.

My advice would be to listen and learn as much as you can from the coaches and dont lose faith in what they can teach you.

Just dont ask any of them to book your holiday. :tongueincheek:

Well done under 15s, keep pushing on, Dont lose faith in your coaches as they have helped develop your skills on the pitch and have got you to the level you are at now, sadly though their experience and expertise seem to falter off the pitch.

My advice would be to listen and learn as much as you can from the coaches and dont lose faith in what they can teach you.

Just dont ask any of them to book your holiday. :tongueincheek:

:rotflmao:

Ye get yourself to Hampden in a final, you cant play in it though, bus is leaving early and we forgot to book a hotel.

Laughing stock of the competition through no fault of the boys just the ineptitude of the people in charge who should have known better.

These are "so called" professional people who are in charge. They are meant to be an SPL team, what would happen if Caley get into Europe?? The fans would be there and where would the team be???

Not having heard or read anything about this I can't really comment other than to say that, knowing who the coaches, and especially the head of youth development, are I'm very surprised at this. If someone has made a mistake then I hope they have learned from it and plans are put in place to ensure it can never happen again.

It might be helpful if someone from the club explained what happened here. I personally have no knowledge of this at all but would make a couple of points.

Firstly, the future of the club depends on nurturing the best talent in the area and we cannot afford to lose youngsters because of any poor management. Having said that, it is important to recognise that a number of youngsters will leave and moan about the coaches because they were not prepared to put the work in and keep the discipline demanded by the coaches and which is necessary to make the grade. All of us, but obviously the youngsters and their parents in particular, need to have an assurance that the organsation of the youth set up is of the highest standard in order to provide the environment for the kids to develop their potential.

Secondly, if the kids are to develop their full potential it is important that they have faith in the coaching staff and other ICT staff they have contact with. It is therefore not particularly helpful to publicly criticise the coaches even if they have seriously mismanaged something. On the face of it, it would appear that there are issues to be addressed, but it would have been better to take them up with the club rather than criticise publicly.

As I say, now the criticism has been made, it would be sensible for the club to make a statement. After that, things should be sorted out behind the scenes. A public spat will not encourage kids to stay nor will it encourage others to sign. That cannot be in the interests of the club. The fact that the lads reached the final at all does credit both to the youngsters and the coaching staff. That is really positive - let's build on that.

Will the club give the parents back the money they paid for their kids to go to this tournament???.

Some of the parents scrimped and scraped to get this money together and they have more than one child in the family.

The coaching staff let everyone down , did they not think the boys would reach the final? so they never allowed for it.

Edited by cairngorm

I'm guessing you must be one of the parents given how peeved you are....have you taken your complaint up directly with the club?

No i am not a parent of any of the kids involved.

What i am is someone who believes in football and gets fed up with people saying kids would rather play, X-boxes , play stations, Etc

Here are kids who get through to a final in Europe and the club could not organise it properly.

Make a quick phone call to ICT, we are in the final book another night in the accommodation for the boys , re book the ferry, use the club credit card to take care of it, we can sort it all out when we get back.

Hells bells , was there that much money lost from the cancelled games against Celtic from TV rites, they could not afford that.

We have International Companies as sponsers???? could they not have paid the extra costs.

Scottish football at the moment is not riding high anywhere at the moment, is this another nail in the coffin called complancency that we dont care, about the youth that we should be nurturing.

The club have let these young footballers down,the club kicked them in the teeth, you got to a final , so what?? the mini bus is leaving to catch the ferry.( 14 plus luggage)

What did you say Callum Messi , shut up Mac Ronaldo, stop moaning , hey Wully Cruyff, behave yourself . Ach its only a final , we are Scottish we are in them all the time, you are only 15yrs old you will be in loads of them in Europe, bleeding nora you will be in the World Cup finals.

We are the super Caley.we dont need to play in finals, we reach them , we dont have to play in them , we are that good

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

No disrespect to you Caley as site admin ,you have asked a question which you have every rite too as an induvidual and not as in the capacity of a site admin.

As an admin why dont you ask the club what happened? You you will get an answer before the rest of us will.

This is in the public media now and will appear in print.

You know as well as any reader of the tabloids and websites, the SFA will be asking questions , why was this allowed to happen?.

Edited by cairngorm

cairngorm you seem to be very bitter for someone who's not affected by this. Perhaps you should stop and engage your brain before rambling on. First thing is the youth set up at ICT is run as its own entity and is funded by donation and Flybe sponsorship. It is not funded by the club, as such, and would not be affected by any cancelled game as you seem to imply. Second point is the ferry. It is extremely difficult to find space at very short notice for a coach and its passengers. I'd go so far as to say it would be unlikely that space was available on any of the ferries.

• Disagree 5

Will the club give the parents back the money they paid for their kids to go to this tournament???.

Some of the parents scrimped and scraped to get this money together and they have more than one child in the family.

Without the benefit of hindsight, how would those hard up parents have felt about having to pay an even higher contribution for a longer trip? Sod's law, the team might just as easily have been knocked out earlier, and people would be unhappy about the time and cost of having to hang around in Holland for an unnecessary extra night.

As an aside, why do these youth tournaments we participate in always seem to take place overseas? Money is tight, so you'd think there would be suitable tournaments in Britain that we could attend, no?

No disrespect to you Caley as site admin ,you have asked a question which you have every rite too as an induvidual and not as in the capacity of a site admin.

As an admin why dont you ask the club what happened? You you will get an answer before the rest of us will.

This is in the public media now and will appear in print.

You know as well as any reader of the tabloids and websites, the SFA will be asking questions , why was this allowed to happen?.

It was a genuine question....from someone who is no stranger to asking difficult questions or making criticism when I think it is warranted!!!

I know a lot of people have criticised my past actions in bringing stuff up on the forum, but I never do so without a bit of due diligence or trying to get answers from the proper people first......something you may have benefited from doing in this instance.

I've yet to go get my Highland News this morning but I believe it has some rather important details on what happened which are omitted from your account of what happened.

cairngorm you seem to be very bitter for someone who's not affected by this. Perhaps you should stop and engage your brain before rambling on. First thing is the youth set up at ICT is run as its own entity and is funded by donation and Flybe sponsorship. It is not funded by the club, as such, and would not be affected by any cancelled game as you seem to imply. Second point is the ferry. It is extremely difficult to find space at very short notice for a coach and its passengers. I'd go so far as to say it would be unlikely that space was available on any of the ferries.

Let the kids go on the ferry as foot passengers with a responsible adult , (the mini bus can follow later) get the kids bus or train tickets when they land in the UK .

Every football fan is affected by this , as they want to have a strong football grounding in Scotland ( when was the last time we were in a major final)

If you had read the posts properly you would have seen i said the kids parents paid for this trip

It was a final , it was NOT cancelled as you said , the final was played ( Caley reached it)but could not partake because of lack of organisation.

Let the kids go on the ferry as foot passengers with a responsible adult , (the mini bus can follow later) get the kids bus or train tickets when they land in the UK .

Every football fan is affected by this , as they want to have a strong football grounding in Scotland ( when was the last time we were in a major final)

If you had read the posts properly you would have seen i said the kids parents paid for this trip

It was a final , it was NOT cancelled as you said , the final was played ( Caley reached it)but could not partake because of lack of organisation.

I never said the final was cancelled. I made reference to your quote (below) that the cancelled Celtic game had somehow affected this. You really do need to engage your brain before replying. Read things properly and realise a bit of logic and common sense.

Hells bells , was there that much money lost from the cancelled games against Celtic from TV rites, they could not afford that.

I never said the final was cancelled. I made reference to your quote (below) that the cancelled Celtic game had somehow affected this. You really do need to engage your brain before replying. Read things properly and realise a bit of logic and common sense.

The way you replied it seemed as if you inferred the final was cancelled as you mention in your statemant about the travel arangement.

"Second point is the ferry. It is extremely difficult to find space at very short notice for a coach and its passengers. "

You still have not said anything constructive to try make sure this would not happen again

From reading the Highland News Article the key points would seem to be.......

• Tournament Organisers are accusing ICT of a late request to bring the final forward by a couple of hours.
  • Counter-claim by ICT that they informed the organisers on 25th February of travel arrangements and had been assured that should they reach the final then it would be brought forward.
  • ICT had already beaten the team they were due to play in the final 5-0 (the host team) earlier in the tournament and the problem only arose at this point in time.
  • The organising committee seemed happy to pull the final forward but one individual who seemed to carry more sway than others told them he would not let it happen.
  • Keeping the players there longer was not feasible as it could have resulted in them missing a day of school on their return (could you imagine the uproar if they had done this?)

All in all I get the impression that one member of the Dutch organising committee seems to have taken the huff at ICT beating his team 5-0 earlier in the tournament and as a result has made things difficult (impossible) for us as a result.

I see little, if anything, more ICT could have done given the position they were placed in.

I also can't imagine for one minute that Charlie Christie would have deliberately taken the lads over to a tournament knowing that they could not play the final if they qualified that far.

• Agree 3

From reading the Highland News Article the key points would seem to be.......

• Tournament Organisers are accusing ICT of a late request to bring the final forward by a couple of hours.
  • Counter-claim by ICT that they informed the organisers on 25th February of travel arrangements and had been assured that should they reach the final then it would be brought forward.
  • ICT had already beaten the team they were due to play in the final 5-0 (the host team) earlier in the tournament and the problem only arose at this point in time.
  • The organising committee seemed happy to pull the final forward but one individual who seemed to carry more sway than others told them he would not let it happen.
  • Keeping the players there longer was not feasible as it could have resulted in them missing a day of school on their return (could you imagine the uproar if they had done this?)

All in all I get the impression that one member of the Dutch organising committee seems to have taken the huff at ICT beating his team 5-0 earlier in the tournament and as a result has made things difficult (impossible) for us as a result.

I see little, if anything, more ICT could have done given the position they were placed in.

I also can't imagine for one minute that Charlie Christie would have deliberately taken the lads over to a tournament knowing that they could not play the final if they qualified that far.

All good points CaleyD:

It is still very harsh on the kids who some of them might never reach another final.

As for missing a day from school, i think the schools would have understood , as the kids would be going back after the holidays. Who has not taken their kids from school a day earlier or sent them back a day laterwhere school holidays are involved

• Disagree 1

I don't see anyone denying that it's harsh on the kids.

Keeping kids away from school, and out of the country, for a day longer than planned without proper parental and/or school consent.....and you don't think anyone would have a problem with that? Perhaps one of the teachers who post on here will oblige and enlighten you as to what the consequences of such actions would be.

Anyway, after you've come on here ranting about how ICT did this and didn't do that and how they should be hanging their head in shame, paying out compensation and all sorts. I bet all those people who were quick to jump on the bandwagon and green dot you for your opening post are feeling more than a little stupid right now!!!

Leaving everything thats been said above out! I feel really sorry for the young boys. Im sure many of us appeared in finals when we were that age ( school, scouts, BBs etc) and its a big deal, but imagine missing a final when your representing a top scottish club. Im sure the boys are devastated.

I for one hope this incident doesnt stop their dreams and goals ( no pun intended) and keep going

BC