Matchnight Thread: ICT -V- Celtic

Scotty

Having now had a few seconds to reflect, I thought Chris Innes was also fantastic tonight, using all his experience to snuff out Celtic, well done big man and enjoy the moment.

I have never ever seen the team work so hard for each other as they did tonight, this was an exceptional performance and we could easily have won by much more, but who cares, a win over a team challenging at the sharp end of the league is always comforting and I have a warm glow inside, especially thinking about all the local non-Invernes fans....GIRUY, that's all.

:nanananana::nanananana::nanananana:

• Agree 1

Just listened to the full interview with Butcher, kinda half hinting at the possibilty of reviewing his decison...either that or he has decieved me :blush: . I really hope he re thinks this.

Seeing your team beat the Old Firm never loses its appeal. Watching that ICT team grow in confidence while Celtic slowly but surely lost theirs was wonderful.

Tomorrow will be a day for ICT fans to vote and gloat. Enjoy it folks.

I have a warm glow inside, especially thinking about all the local non-Invernes fans....GIRUY, that's all.

:nanananana::nanananana::nanananana:

There were four of the 'oribble barstewards in front of me. They even made me punch the air with joy after Celtic scored because, I was facing away from the game, as I was trying to find my seat, and they cheered, so I did. I should no better than to assume the tuechters sitting in the same end as me are ICT fans. I felt soooooooooooooooooo smug after Sutherland's technically perfect volley. F U!

Linwoodictsc must be torn in two right now.

Basking in happy, happy glow. How that could have happened after Aberdeen amazes me. I genuinely feared for us last night, but the team were magnificent and proved that the future really is bright. Was only sad to see Rooney's goal being credited as an OG when in fact it was a pretty sublime flick that hit yon donkey on the way in. Great stuff.

Was only sad to see Rooney's goal being credited as an OG when in fact it was a pretty sublime flick that hit yon donkey on the way in.

The highlights show a pretty good angle from the side, and it looked as if the ball would have gone across the face of the goal had it not hit Mulgrew. Would love to say that it was simply a deflection off of Rooney's shot but it does look more like an OG, but I suppose the debatable factor is time - it was so close that Mulgrew couldn't have done anything else but knock it goal-wards so maybe that should count more as a deflection.

Won't stop Adam from claiming it though! twothumbsup.gif

Last night was pure class!

Caley played out of their skins and truly deserved the 3 points! could have even scored more. we cant get one past Aberdeen yet we can get 3 past Celtic...Football really is a funny old game! Every player played at their best. good to see a mix of the young and old scoring and assisting in goals! As for MOTM I would choose the who team cause they all deserve it!

:ictscarf::ictscarf::ictscarf:

Did anyone hear Billy Dodds on Radio Scotland this evening? Kept going on and on and on about the pitch being a vital factor, and how he bets that Terry asked for it not to be rolled or watered, as he probably wanted it to be as dry and bumpy as possible.

He didn't give the team any of the credit that they so clearly deserve, and even argued that "Inverness didn't play any football last night".

What an utter tool.

Did anyone hear Billy Dodds on Radio Scotland this evening? Kept going on and on and on about the pitch being a vital factor, and how he bets that Terry asked for it not to be rolled or watered, as he probably wanted it to be as dry and bumpy as possible.

He didn't give the team any of the credit that they so clearly deserve, and even argued that "Inverness didn't play any football last night".

What an utter tool.

Sadly I couldn't make the game because of the early kick off but from what I herd on Radio Scotland Caley seemed to be playing all right.

Fantastic win and I'm looking forward to 800 mile round trip in August. Cracking finishes for goals 2 and 3. Highlight was a certain manager kicking a water crate. Mark Hughes was sent off for "abusing" a bottle down here in Englandshire last month. "Abusing" a crate should therefore be a season long touchline ban.

What an utter tool.

what the actual f*ck?!

Caley played better football that they have ever done before! He needs to get a grip!