Snooker World Championship

Some great matches this year and it is good to see the emergence of a new exciting talent in Judd Trump. I was hoping he would beat Higgins in the final. Don't know how others feel but I can take no joy in Higgins winning (even though he is Scottish) after all his frame throwing allegations which came to light last year.

I can't understand why he only got a 6 month ban, whilst his manager was banned for life for the same offence.

For all the improvements Barry Hearn has made as the new snooker supremo, I feel he totally bottled it over the Higgins incident. Had he shown some balls and banned Higgins for several years I would have had a lot more respect for him.

Others in the past have had much more severe bans for similar offences (eg the Aussie Quentin Hann who got an 8 year ban a few years ago).

Incidentally I don't kow how far the investigation into Steven McGuire and Jamie Burnett for alleged betting irregularities a couple of years ago has got. It will be an interesting comparison how Barry Hearn treats that one eventually.