Duncan's red card

12th Man

So unfair if this is Duncan's last game, what can be done, how much will an appeal cost and will we have to wait for tv highlights to see if an appeal is warranted, no point if fighting a lost cause, or appeal regardless to delay the decision till after the league finishes?

I was given a text regarding the red card saying it's a 3-game ban.

Not too sure of why or even if it's true, but if it is then it surely was his last game for us.

My view was that we should have been given the decision considering duncan was fouled. He simply stuck his chest our and down Mair went. Absolute theatrics IMO (Highlights will be interesting).

Very harsh to be sent off - it was the standside linesman that flagged the incident and informed the referee. poor show!

Cant comment on whether or not it was deserved from out here in the north sea but my understanding is that the card was given for violent conduct. If thats the case in the refs report then its a ban. It doesn't matter if its a push in the chest or a kick in the face. If its a deliberate act of violence as opposed to a malicious tackle then its a worse offence and unless there is evidence to the contrary then I dont think there's a right to appeal.

I'd rather not field him purely because a few teams have had deductions in points for feilding 'illegiable players'.

RD would now fall into that category, and a points deduction would be unfair on this seasons' efforts.

I didnt see Mair grab Russel's throat, but there were two players on him and there was a rash challenge from Mair. As Duncan relatliated verbally, he grabbed mairs arm and as mair came into duncans chest, mair fell down to the deck. it was then the linesman put his flag up.

What annoys me more is that the useless fecker of a linesman saw feck all else during the gane including the two hand balls in the box..

Feckin lucky bag officials.

It will be interesting to see the highlights to work out exactly what did happen. My recollection was that Mair had a verbal go at Duncan presumably accusing him of diving and Russell had a go at him. I think it should have been a penalty to start off and Mair deserved at least a yellow for his part, Russell should not have responded as he did and I will await judgement on whether it was worth a sending off or not. What I would question is how the linesman could be sure that what Russell did was a red card offence from so far away and when Mair was between himself and Duncan. It's just such a shame to see Russell end his career at ICT in these circumstances.

If we appeal the red card then the penalty is set aside until it can be reviewed by the relevant panel. Given our games are Wed then Sat it's unlikely that the panel would meet before then and he could play both games.

(Possibly) Good for us, bad for Duncan as he'll then have to server the suspension next season if he's still playing in Scotland.

I didn't think you could appeal a straight red ??

Anyway, I thought it was very harsh and am absolutely gutted for Russell. He was playing well, on a great run that should've brought a penalty and Mair acts like a complete **** when Duncan barges him with his chest. I never seen a punch but obviously looking forward to highlights.

From the SFA Handbook....

2. CLAIMS OF WRONGFUL DISMISSAL

In very exceptional circumstances, where it can be demonstrated that an obvious refereeing error has occurred, a player or his club may submit a Claim of Wrongful Dismissal in respect of the following offences of:

• Serious foul play
  • Violent conduct
  • Spitting at an opponent or any other person
  • Denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or obvious goalscoring opportunity as defined by Law 12

For the avoidance of doubt, Claims of Wrongful Dismissal will not be entertained if the particulars of the claim are founded upon a matter of opinion. It is not intended that the authority of the referee will be usurped as a result of a Claim for these offences.

The particulars upon which a claim is founded must be submitted by the club on behalf of the player to the Association within three days of the match. At the same time, the club is required to submit as an integral part of the Claim a video recording showing the incident, if such evidence is available.

The club must confirm, in writing, the source of the video recording at the time the Claim is lodged.

An appeal fee must be submitted with the claim for wrongful dismissal. The relevant fees are: -

First Team All Other Teams

Scottish Premier League Clubs: ?1000 ?500

Scottish Football League Clubs: ?500 ?250

All other clubs: ?100 ?50

The sanction(s) which arise from any sending off which is subject to a claim will be set aside until the investigation and/or consideration of the Claim of Wrongful Dismissal is completed.

Once the Claim of Wrongful Dismissal is lodged, the referee, in the first instance, will be requested to review the circumstances of the player?s sending off. If it is indicated by the referee that he is content with his decision to send the player off, the Claim will be dismissed automatically and not referred to the Review Panel. The sanctions will be re-applied with immediate effect and the appeal fee will be forfeited.

If the referee advises that the player should not have been sent off, the claim will be referred to the Review Panel.

The Review Panel, being a sub-committee of the Disciplinary Committee, will consider and investigate the claims.

The Review Panel shall have the power to uphold the Claim by expunging the offence from the player?s disciplinary record.

The appeal fee will be returned to the player?s club in the event that the Claim is upheld.

The decision resulting from the investigation and/or consideration of a Claim of Wrongful Dismissal is final and binding and shall not be the subject of appeal.

ICT may well have a case based on the fact that as he was being held by the throat then his reaction was self defence and not violent conduct.

Russells run was badly and illegally ended by a St Mirren defender, namely Lee Mair. It should have been a penalty as the ball was not won by the defender. In his guilt and to try and deflect away from his foul the aforementioned defender accused Russell of diving which ensured a short burst of after words. Lee Mair in the heat of the moment didnt appreciate the truth being spoken and grabbed Russell by the throat and pushed him away. A straight red card for lifting his hands in an aggressive manner. However Russell did not like this chocking and pushing action, so carried out a strange manouver, where with both hands he grabbed Lee Mairs jersey and preceeded to slam him with his chest - an old tribal greeting. Enter the snipper in the bushes ajacent to the stadium, he fired a clear shot that struck Lee Mair right in the Kyle Lafferty, his legs went like a guy kicked in the jewels by a donkey. The ref was away from the scene but the stand side linesman had a great view of the action, or Lee Mairs back, so he would likely not have seen the throat grab, but did see the bullet from the snipper. On departing the field of play, Russell in his shock saw a manager called Lennon, and started shouting his opinion on his teams tactics in an audible manner which the majority of the crowd were also thinking.

Hope they appeal, as I think there are grounds to reduce this to a yellow, but there was contact, chest to chest, but the snipper is the one who should be responsible, as otherwise it was handbags.

As far as Russell Duncan is concerned, you are still a legend, and this will not sour the memories we have of you in the red and blue

• Agree 5

If Mair had Duncan by the throat then no wonder he fell to the ground with the realization that he was going to be sent off and it was in the box too.

Its a pitty that technically you have to allow yourself to be strangled until the ref blows the whistle and cannot defend yourself from assult. Our players reactions' to it all just about sums up what really happened. If Duncan was the guilty party our players would have just got on with it and there wouldnt have been such strong reactions from our Captain or Esson from behind the goals.

Stonewall red card, Pedz threw a punch....had to walk unfortunately!!!

Hardly! just seen it on sky and it didn't look like a punch to me! Have you actually watched it back?! Maybe you should!!