Munro and Duncan to head over the bridge?

staggy4life

Hello my Inverness friends.

North Star reporting today that we are talking to Russell Duncan and Grant Munro about coming to Ross County. Does this seem likely? Strong rumours that Duncan has signed a pre-contract with us but it's still only rumours. Would be great signings if true I think. Duncan especially impressed me when you won the 1st Division last season.

No doubt that talks have been taking place and it's a very obvious sort of move that wouldn't surprise anyone. They would definitley help to improve your pitiful, relegation dodging team.

What are the prospects of Calderwood staying to help you survive another season in Division 1? At the weekend he said that he had set out his demands and the board were going to come back to him.

What are the prospects of Calderwood staying to help you survive another season in Division 1? At the weekend he said that he had set out his demands and the board were going to come back to him.

He's said in the papers he has enjoyed his time and wants to stay but only under his terms. A few board members don't like him and I think he wants a big budget to go for a title challenge next season which could be risky if we more than likely fail. Calderwood's huge ego means he is wanting a quick fix back to the SPL where he thinks he more than belongs in management. Most of the fans opinions is that we would like him to stay but only if we are sensible with the money. Signings like Duncan and Munro would definitely show our intent next season I feel.

Edited by staggy4life

Unfortunately for Jimmy there's not enough money available to buy the league and that's his only plan. I'm sure you can do a lot better than him anyway, good luck. It would be brilliant to have the two Highland teams in the SPL but I can't see that happening any time soon.

I think JC's record is exceptional, so I sincerely doubt they could do better than him.

Duncan would be a good signing for them. Knows the game and could add to the SFL1 division for a few years. I'd only expect Munro to go if he was settled so much, he didn't fancy anywhere else. I don't see why the likes of Hibs or Aberdeen wouldn't have a look. He's better than some players they've already got.

Would be more than a bit surprised if both guys ended up in Dingwall.

Looking round the SPL this season I am certain that either could still do a job as a squad player for most clubs. In Granty's case, how many better and affordable left sided centre backs are out there?

Agree with Starchief. If they do it must be for family reasons.