New singing section

Alex MacLeod

Now that an area has been set aside for a singing section that has the full support of the club I hope all you guys and girls out there who've been asking for it for a few seasons now will make full use of it. Personally I think this area of section E is as good as G was but gives a cushion from the family section thus reducing the number of folk who may be offended by some of the songs and chants.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I currently sit in that area of section E and there are quite a few other season ticket holders around there. Article doesn't make it clear wether we're moving or not. I don't mind moving but if I have too but perhaps the club should do us some sort of deal. Main Stand seat at North Stand season ticket price for one season perhaps. I think that would be a decent gesture by the club.

You don't have to move anywhere, you are welcome to bring your drum and join in. :tongueincheek: Pop in to the ticket office and see what is available. There will be space created in section G, which would be the sensible option I suppose. Section F is exactly in the middle, so moving between E and G doesn't really affect your view of the game and quite a few have made the move already.

Good move, the club appear to be hitting the ground running this season regarding friendlies, season tickets, the x factor trialists and now this.

Better accoustics and also gives the club the option of extending the family section if required. http://www.ictfc.co.uk/articles/20110513/the-singing-section-is-moving_2208825_2359255

Edited by 12th Man

Guess I better re-new my season ticket then. What' will happen to the people who have a penchant for sweets of the hard boiled variety? Will they be happy with this?

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Can the chanters chant and sit down or will they just annoy the full price paying customers in Section E?.

Their language certainly needs to be modified.

Do we really want foul mouthed anti-social yobs in our family friendly club?

Edited by neksor
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

I currently sit in that area of section E and there are quite a few other season ticket holders around there. Article doesn't make it clear wether we're moving or not. I don't mind moving but if I have too but perhaps the club should do us some sort of deal. Main Stand seat at North Stand season ticket price for one season perhaps. I think that would be a decent gesture by the club.

I wonder what that old git from the Hearts game will have to say about being in the 'singing section'. :lol:

Can the chanters chant and sit down or will they just annoy the full price paying customers in Section E?.

Their language certainly needs to be modified.

Do we really want foul mouthed anti-social yobs in our family friendly club?

can you please define anti-social yob in the terms of our supporters

As I see it, an anti social yob is someone who that refuses to conform to any form of authority and/or regulation. This often results in behaviour that is deemed unacceptable to the majority who are willing to conform to authority and/or regulation. There are many examples of such in modern society and they should not be confused with others of a "rebellious" nature who choose to push boundaries but, in the vast majority of cases, conform and take heed of their peers.

How that links in terms of our support? I'll let you decide for yourself.

From my perspective we have a fair number of the latter who help create a pretty decent atmosphere but, sadly, we also have a number of the former who, no matter where they are and what they are doing, would appear to have trouble enjoying themselves without being offensive and, just as the name suggests, anti social.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I think a lot of inroads have been made in regards to our home support in that respect. Incidents this past season have been few and far between and that's in large part due to the club/trust/fans involved sitting down on a few occasions and discussing everyones problems/issues and putting in place workable solutions and initiatives.

Short of having everyone sit on their hands in silence during games you'll never stop all complaints, however now that the club have officially set aside a section and everyone is/has been made aware that if you sit there then you can expect things to be a bit more boisterous/lively than in other areas, any petty complaints can now be justifiably met with a "You were warned" response.