Steven Thompson

ubern

I see in the gossip section on the BBC Sport Scotland website that the Daily Record are saying that the ex Dundee Utd and Rangers striker Steven Thompson, who is out of contract with Burnley at the end of this season, is attracting the attention of 3 SPL clubs. Do you think ICT could be one of them? And what are peoples thoughts be on him as a potential signing?

I see Burnley also released Kevin MacDonald as well. Now i would not mind him. He is a really good player, were short of central midfielders as well.

Thompson is too old and a bit injury prone. Should fit in fine at Midden.

• Agree 1

I would be amazed if we got MacDonald but he would be a fantastic signing. He's got Premiership experience, all I think he needs is regular games and a push in the right direction. Although i'm sure just about all the SPL clubs would be interested in him. But you never know, maybe Alex McDonald can sell us to him!

Arghhhhhh.....if I hear another "he's got experience" line I'm going to flip. What does "he's got experience" really mean? Terry Butcher has experience but I don't imagine he'll be pulling on his boots and heading out for many games next season!!!!!

Kevin MacDonald has agreed a deal with another English team, supposedly he revealed this at the player of the year awards at Burnley, he didnt say what team though Thomson is looking for a team in scotland and Hibs and St Mirren are both keen

Arghhhhhh.....if I hear another "he's got experience" line I'm going to flip. What does "he's got experience" really mean? Terry Butcher has experience but I don't imagine he'll be pulling on his boots and heading out for many games next season!!!!!

You don't know what that means? :blink:

If you work at a high level for a number of years and come into a similar situation you have experience in the task in hand. In all aspects of life experience is handy, I would much rather have an experienced surgeon operate on me than someone who still needs to learn his trade.

Experience is essential in order to teach others and help them progress. A youthful keeper will learn a lot just from being in the presence of Ryan Esson, a keeper who has experience.

Experience means he knows what to expect from SPL level football before he joins. If he has played in the Premiership that means he has played in a level far beyond the SPL and hopefully will bring that level of football to us. Hence the reason he has experience!

He is also young and fit if you are seriously questioning why Butcher isn't playing anymore!!