Anyone for tennis

tm4tj

Here we go again, clay court season is upon us.

Nadal would have to be one of the big favourites, but Djokovic is the man on form just now, he is playing the best tennis of his life at the mo, although Andy Murray ran him close in Madrid. 37 straight wins and 7 titles for Djokovic is good practice for this tournament.

Muray on court sometime today................or maybe tomorrow?

Andy Murray in action just now against Bolelli, just started and one game all in first set. Murray not got to grips with the Italian yet.

All these big games are live on BBC sport website, uk only I guess.

Baltacha also playing just now, she is one break up, leading 4-3 in first set.

Guest Mahonio

:twothumbsup::twothumbsup: I love this time of year as i love my Tennis, i get to watch the French Open, AEGON Championships (Queens Club) and Wimbledon and also this year possibly GBs Davis Cup tie as well :biggrin: :biggrin:.

Murray scheduled to be on court at around Midday tomorrow with match "live" on Red Button and also Eurosport as well.

Also, Baltacha lost 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 to Vania King yesterday. I watched a bit of her match in the 1st round and remember commentator Dave Mercer going over all (or nearly) the Scottish Clubs that Sergei played for and managed but the bugger missed out one team, US :irritated:.

Nasty looking ankle job for Murray but he managed to run it off. He will be sore today though. At least he has a legitimate excuse if he falls short again.

It actually improved his game when he wanted to make the rallies shorter, he fairly bashed away some big winners and playing like that was more entertaining than watching him play cat and mouse tennis. :twothumbsup:

Guest Mahonio

Today was a nightmare to watch AM, Mannie :frown::frown:

First set was a shocker, he was 5, yes 5 -0 down after only 17mins but came back strongly to trail 5-4 but Troicki managed to edge the 1st set 6-4.

Second Set was another shocker from Murray as he lost 4 games in a row from 4-2 up to lose that one 6-4 as well but the main stat that stood out was 50% first serves which is diabolical.

3rd set was slightly better with Murray taking that 6-3 depite being a break down at 2-1, he should the nasty side of himself in the early part of this set when he was berating himself and also shouting up at his supportbox but the 4th set was the best set he played tonight, he took that 6-2 leaving the match poised at 2 sets all going into tomorrow, due to bad light.

I am going to slightly favour Murray to win this in 5 which would be remarkable especially as he was 2 sets down. Winner gets Juan Ignacio Chela in Quarters so whoever goes through will be favourite to get to semis and a possible meeting with Rafa Nadal.

I watched it when I got home from 5-0 down in the first set. Murray will never win a slam with that attitude he displayed for half of this match. As soon as he focused on the tennis he was on top again. He is a pain in the arse when he shows his petulance and It's about time the commentators stopped making excuses for him and told is as it is.

He needs a good slap round the head from Judy to straighten him out, what a dummy spitter he must have been when he was young, were the toys ever in the pram?

However, it was an enthralling match with the game so finely balanced that mistakes were punished by both players. Both players played some marvellous strokes but Murray certainly had the edge once he got over himself. The problem for Murray now is that he is a known slow starter and Troicki looked tired at the end of the fourth set. With Murray easing his ankle in, it may be Troicki that now has the better chance to progress, we'll see. The more aggressive style adopted by Murray could bail him out if he goes for it and looks for winners, but if he waits for it to happen with his typically passive play then he will be on his way home methinks.

Still, he did well to control his temper after smashing two racquet's, what a dick, he should have lost the second set for that. The semi-final is looming for either player as Chela is not fancied to trouble either player so focus on the tennis Murray and give yer gob a break, oh, and send me some racquets instead of smashing them in public.

Well, he managed to squeeze through, just, but he will have to up his game to continue in the tournament and keep his childish tantrums in check.

Guest Mahonio

Another nailbiter of a match today but he did manage to beat Chela despite falling 4-1 down in 1st set and also squandering a 5-1 lead in the 2nd. He won 7-6, 7-5, 6-2 but again his temper let him down during that 1st Set.

Its a tricky one on Friday v Rafa Nadal though but if he plays well enough he CAN trouble Nadal.

COME ON MURRAY, 2 MORE WINS AND YOUR FRENCH OPEN CHAMPION, YOU CAN DO IT :twothumbsup:!!