Jamie Stevenson

Libero

Daily Express reporting that we have offered Jamie Stevenson a contract.

His contract at Airdire has just expired, article doesnt say much more than that

Anyone heard anything else about him?

This would be a very surprising move, if true.

Stevenson has spent the last few years flitting round the SFL with Alloa, Morton, Alloa, East Stirling, Alloa, Airdrie etc, and at 26, he is no longer a youngster with potential.

Not convinced this guy would become much more than a fringe player.

Wonder if we will have another look at Mackay-Steven this summer.

I hope so. He's a great little player.

So it is said yet he's never played first team football at a decent level.

I take it you've never seen him play before?

I hope so. He's a great little player.

So it is said yet he's never played first team football at a decent level.

I take it you've never seen him play before?

No I haven't. He played U-19 for County. Never broke into first team. Went to Liverpool and done nothing. Was released by them and didn't find another team until Airdrie took him on. That to me say's something is amiss. To challenge at the top we need players who have some experience and who can step up to the mark from the off. There are hundreds of players out there who were brilliant at youth level but who, for some reason or other, fail to make it past that. Is GMS one of those?

No I haven't. He played U-19 for County. Never broke into first team. Went to Liverpool and done nothing. Was released by them and didn't find another team until Airdrie took him on. That to me say's something is amiss. To challenge at the top we need players who have some experience and who can step up to the mark from the off. There are hundreds of players out there who were brilliant at youth level but who, for some reason or other, fail to make it past that. Is GMS one of those?

Obviously the reason he never played for County or Liverpool was due to the fact that he was still a very young player at the time. Also, he did not go to Airdrie after being released from Liverpool, he in fact actually went to Fulham, but again was still probably not expected to break into the first team at that point. IMO he could of/would of gone to play at a very high level but he has had a terrible time with injuries - that it what is "amiss". I don't for one second doubt his ability though, as he's probably one of, if not the best youth player I have ever seen.

• Agree 2

Obviously the reason he never played for County or Liverpool was due to the fact that he was still a very young player at the time. Also, he did not go to Airdrie after being released from Liverpool, he in fact actually went to Fulham, but again was still probably not expected to break into the first team at that point. IMO he could of/would of gone to play at a very high level but he has had a terrible time with injuries - that it what is "amiss". I don't for one second doubt his ability though, as he's probably one of, if not the best youth player I have ever seen.

Alex wrong again?

Alex wrong again?

Gary is undoubtedly a good player but I still don't understand why he never broke into County's first team.. Okay he was only 17 when he left but surely all PROPERLY good players should be ready for first team action by then.

• Disagree 1

Alex wrong again?

No!! He had a trial at Fulham but I'm quite sure he didn't sign for them.

Alex wrong again?

And .....?

Alex wrong again?

And .....?

And......? It appears to me your making statements on unfounded grounds. Either that or you dont read the whole thread but just butt in when it suits you.

Alex wrong again?

And .....?

And......? It appears to me your making statements on unfounded grounds. Either that or you dont read the whole thread but just butt in when it suits you.

Oh grow up man or i'll have to change the bait :nanananana:

• 2 weeks later...