Buckie Thistle v Inverness CT - PLEASE READ

caleyrule

Hi, hope people dont have any issues with me posting this, I work with Caroline Strong (Daniel's mum) and she asked me to post this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel is 5 years old and is the son of Buckie goalkeeper Darren Strong. On 10 October 2010 he was diagnosed with a brain tumour. He spend a total of 16 weeks in hospital both in Aberdeen & Edinburgh Sick Kids Hospitals. During this time he underwent 5 operations on his brain and during the biggest one which was to remove the bulk of the tumour and which was 9.5 hours long, he suffered a stroke which left him with a weakness down the left side of his body which meant he was unable to move that side at all but this is now coming back with intensive physiotherapy and hard work on Daniel's part. As a result of the tumour he is also now blind in one eye, has limited vision in the other and also now fluid on the brain for which he has shunts in his head.

Daniel is a real football fan and came to the fore in the fifth round of the Scottish Cup where he walked Buckie Thistle and Brechin City onto the football pitch, refusing to use his wheelchair. (can insert video from youtube if you wish, search under Daniel Strong).

All proceeds from this game will be split equally between the four charities which helped Daniel and his family during the very traumatic period of his illness. These charities are Aberdeen Sick Children's Hospital, Edinburgh Sick Children's Hospital, Clic Sargent and CCLASP. Please come along so we raise as much many as possible or if you're unable to make it and wish to make a donation the Daniel Strong Charity Bank Account has been set up - Sort Code 800666 Account Number 06019486. Thanks for all your support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets try to get a big support through if not to support the team but to help charity and show support for Daniel

Daniel leading Buckie out

Edited by Yngwie
pinned it for you. Found video and inserted it.
  • Agree 6

Hi, hope people dont have any issues with me posting this, I work with Caroline Strong (Daniel's mum) and she asked me to post this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel is 5 years old and is the son of Buckie goalkeeper Darren Strong. On 10 October 2010 he was diagnosed with a brain tumour. He spend a total of 16 weeks in hospital both in Aberdeen & Edinburgh Sick Kids Hospitals. During this time he underwent 5 operations on his brain and during the biggest one which was to remove the bulk of the tumour and which was 9.5 hours long, he suffered a stroke which left him with a weakness down the left side of his body which meant he was unable to move that side at all but this is now coming back with intensive physiotherapy and hard work on Daniel's part. As a result of the tumour he is also now blind in one eye, has limited vision in the other and also now fluid on the brain for which he has shunts in his head.

Daniel is a real football fan and came to the fore in the fifth round of the Scottish Cup where he walked Buckie Thistle and Brechin City onto the football pitch, refusing to use his wheelchair. (can insert video from youtube if you wish, search under Daniel Strong).

All proceeds from this game will be split equally between the four charities which helped Daniel and his family during the very traumatic period of his illness. These charities are Aberdeen Sick Children's Hospital, Edinburgh Sick Children's Hospital, Clic Sargent and CCLASP. Please come along so we raise as much many as possible or if you're unable to make it and wish to make a donation the Daniel Strong Charity Bank Account has been set up - Sort Code 800666 Account Number 06019486. Thanks for all your support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets try to get a big support through if not to support the team but to help charity and show support for Daniel

P.S. I would post the video but not sure how to

Would definately support this but do you have date for match yet.

Good Luck to Daniel and his family. What a very brave little boy .

as and when you have a date, let us know and we will add it to the event calendar and stick a graphic of some sort on the sidebars here and on the main site.

Hope there's a big turnout for this one - especially with the gate receipts going to good causes. Wonder if the Highland Marchers keen to put their boots on for it?

Am not a Highland Marcher but would be more than willing to take part in any walk for it

Hope there's a big turnout for this one - especially with the gate receipts going to good causes. Wonder if the Highland Marchers keen to put their boots on for it?

Am not a Highland Marcher but would be more than willing to take part in any walk for it

I'll lend you my sat nav, Plymouth Argyle 3 days earlier ( no, highland marchers, stop thinking is that possible )

I hope this match is well supported by both sides as its for a good cause. its kind of both clubs to donate all the proceeds too.

Think I'll try and get through for this one if not I'll make a donation.

Have added this to the event calendar so it will be displayed on the main board index from 14 days before the event. If there is a poster for it or anything like that, I can add it to one of our normal advertising slots in the main board and main forum sidebar.

• 4 weeks later...

has this game been moved to the Tulloch Caledonia Stadium?

Back home, we play at Buckie Thistle onTuesday, July 19, [7:30pm ko] in aid of charities associated with five year old brain tumour victim Daniel Strong.

<br />has this game been moved to the Tulloch Caledonia Stadium?<br /><br />
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Back home, we play at <b>Buckie Thistle</b> on<b>Tuesday, July 19</b>, [7:30pm ko] in aid of charities associated with five year old brain tumour victim Daniel Strong.</font>
<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I don't think so, the 'back home' probably just means back in Scotland. 'At Buckie Thistle' implies the game's being played in Buckie.

<br />has this game been moved to the Tulloch Caledonia Stadium?<br /><br />
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Back home, we play at <b>Buckie Thistle</b> on<b>Tuesday, July 19</b>, [7:30pm ko] in aid of charities associated with five year old brain tumour victim Daniel Strong.</font>
<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I don't think so, the 'back home' probably just means back in Scotland. 'At Buckie Thistle' implies the game's being played in Buckie.

Sorry I didn't read it! such a blond oops.gif

yeah i agree. i hope that there is a great turnout for the wee man next tuesday and hope he notices that everyone is supporting him through his tough times :console: