Rossco Going?

MissICT

why have I got two red dots?? :frown: I asked a simple question and I get slagged.... someone said it on fb....I really don't wanna it to be true!

Edited by MissICT
  • Disagree 2

i read the same romour that he wasnt happy with munro and duncans departure and has so decided not take up his extra year i think it was harsh giving out the dots when it is there. Hopefully it aint true but other people have seen it so it could have some substance

I'm sure I read somewhere that when he signed his one year deal last year, he had the option of activating another year once he played enough games, which presumably was just an extension of what he had before and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that was activated just after the season ended.

Edit - According to this article from June 1st, it says that he is "close to agreeing terms". This is two weeks after the departure of Munro and Duncan. Has something happened between him and Butcher in the last two weeks? It is not an impossibility.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

My understanding too was it was a simple option of a further year. It'll really be the end of an era (and yet more central defenders to find) if Tokely goes too. Not one central defender left at the club (not counting Proctor for the obvious reason).

Will wait to hear the story on this but if he does, then we will have lost a tremendous amount of experience this year ......

Rossco ... 557 appearances

Granty ... 367 appearances

Russell .. 353 appearances

Roy ...... 342 appearances

Golly .... 263 appearances

TOTAL ... 1882 appearances !!!!!

roy ad golly have had their day in my opinion but i feel russell granty and rosco stil have plenty in the tank posibly another 2-3 years in them.

but im still trusting the terry he has more experience than anyone of our players

The only rumours worth listening to are by Fleetwood Mac.

Bottom line is that Butcher's job is to bring success to the club and he has done that this year. One of the sad things about football is that those players who do a fantastic job in getting the club to where they are, are then often judged by the manager to be not good enough to take the club further or to maintain that level. That can lead to bitterness and feelings, rightly or wrongly, that players have been treated unfairly. Have players been treated unfairly or, worse, bullied? I don't know and I'm not in a position to speculate - so I won't. What I would say is that if any players have been treated inappropriately then that is an internal matter for them and the club and I would hope that the Board would deal with any allegations appropriately.

For my part I am very sorry to see fantastic servants of the club such as Roy, Russell, Grant and now, it appears, Ross leave the club, particularly in what would appear to be less than happy circumstances. I thank them from the bottom of my heart for the thrills and great entertainment they have given over the years. But I also look forward. Some excellent young players are contracted for next season and hopefully the manager will have done his job properly and signed up players with the promise to exceed the achievements of the great players they will be replacing. Next season will certainly be different and I for one can't wait!

• Agree 4

If true then this really is gutting. This will literally leave us with no defence, though im hoping Gillet will sign a new deal.

What I'm a bit confused about, is which deal did he actually turn down? Did he reject the offer to add another to his current contract which was an option and has since turned down a second deal? Or is this another thing altogether?

I must say though, these one year deals cause nothing but trouble. We seem to go through the same thing every year!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

I hope this is not true and I suspect that is the case.

I just cannot see another SPL club coming in for Ross, absolutely no disrespect meant to Ross there (he is my favourite player!), it's just that I think many other clubs don't view him in as high regard as we do. (which is their loss and our gain IMO)

Unless he's got an offer outside of Scotland I just cannot see him wanting to drop down a division, unless there is a coaching roll involved.

Either way I really hope it's not true but if it is I wish the big man all the very best.

:ictscarf:

I know Im probably gonna get shot down in flames here but Im really worried about the way things are going team wise. Morale does appear to have gone down and when you meet players they do not seem as happy. I really really hope Im wrong and that Terry is right about this.

Will just have to wait and see what happens over the nest few days and weeks.

ps Hibs.net seems riddled with rumours re Adam Rooney as well but they were all wide of the mark in January. Hope they are rubbish this time too.

• Agree 1

I have to agree with the above poster. Something is afoot at ICT, and that something may not be good. There's something going on and it seems to be between player X, player Y and player Z against Butcher. This is going to run and run I reckon. When was the last time you heard of a/or former club captain, established, experienced and consistently played player getting the boot? Never. This will be the catalyst for what happens next.

Edited by Renegade