Rossco Going?

MissICT

I have to agree with the above poster. Something is afoot at ICT, and that something may not be good. There's something going on and it seems to be between player X, player Y and player Z against Butcher. This is going to run and run I reckon. When was the last time you heard of a/or former club captain, established, experienced and consistently played player getting the boot? Never. This will be the catalyst for what happens next.

In many ways I agree but at the same time, the board must either trust the manager or sack him. Although I don't think it's the right direction to get rid of players that are tried'n'trusted and replace the family-feel club with one-year fly-by-night contracts, if that's the direction that Butcher is convinced the club should take, I think the Board should support him wholesale.

Yes, I have a terrible feeling it will backfire and we can say 'told you so'. But at the same time, it will only succeed with all guns blazing, not forcing Butcher to accept players he doesn't want and that aren't happy with the way things are going.

Terry's done well enough to deserve a shot at running things his way for the long-term. Even though I'm far from convinced it's the right direction, I do think the manager works best when trusted completely.

Awaits barrage of red dots ........

Tokes has and always will have legendary status at ICT. No one or anything that happens from here on in can change that. He has earned that and it will remain the case for ever. That said, if the manger has decided that that's all he's willing to offer from his budget and Tokes has decided it's not enough (pure speculation!) then there will be a parting of the ways. If that happens, then no one is to blame. TB is perfectly entitled to manage his budget accordingly and Tokes is perfectly entitled to go for more elsewhere.

From a footballing perspective if (and I think it's a big if) Tokes was to leave, I don't think it would be then end of the world. All of us have enjoyed the best of his years and his body has taken a battering (many others too biggrin.gif) for the team. I think his best is behind him and that another season minght only damage his reputation not enhance it. I am far more concerned at the prospect of replacing a 30 year old left sided centre back at a sensible wage level than I would be about replacing Tokes.

All said, I hope he stays!

Edited by Sorted
  • Agree 4

I believe he had asked for a similar clause as last time ie if he played so many games in the season he would get another year but seemingly he was told no, a year was all that was on offer.

Every footballer now seriously looking after themselves / especially at the`veteran` stage of their careers

Tokely likely to be trying for the best possible deal out of TB (guessing) Hopefully he`ll get it - not many teams have a rock like him.

Remember he is also accomplished across any position in defence, can still get up &down the attacking right back spot & can hold a midfield spot down with skill.

Plus of course a danger at set pieces & can score a handful of important goals.

A big character & fans favorite !!

As much as its sad to see grant & russell go they didnt bring the flexibility that Tokely has.

He shouldnt be allowed to slip away -( to maybe Aberdeen waiting to snap him up)

• Agree 1

I think what concerns me more is the fact that we have been sitting about for the last 24 hours waiting for something to be said by the club and heard nothing. Personally i dont want Tokely to leave but if he is then i would appreciate a bit of word from ICT on this matter...but i shant hold my breath anytime soon :tongueincheek:

I think what concerns me more is the fact that we have been sitting about for the last 24 hours waiting for something to be said by the club and heard nothing. Personally i dont want Tokely to leave but if he is then i would appreciate a bit of word from ICT on this matter...but i shant hold my breath anytime soon :tongueincheek:

club wont (normally) respond to forum rumours ....

Wasnt it today the club said they would make an announcement on new players and new contracts etc? and yet once again the fans will read more 'stories' in the papers tomorrow no doubt

A club is nothing without fans, pitty our club cant see that

Wasnt it today the club said they would make an announcement on new players and new contracts etc? and yet once again the fans will read more 'stories' in the papers tomorrow no doubt

A club is nothing without fans, pitty our club cant see that

was thinking that too.....:frown:

When a player has been at a club for SO many yeras he will inevitably take a while to adjust to another team.

I hope he does well anyway.

Butcher seems to be upending this team wilfully but, without details , salaries etc no one can say too much at this time.

Without the stabilising factor of older long-term players being there to steady the ship it sure is difficult for me to see how a bunch of bright-eyed, bushy-tailed youngsters coming in fresh as new paint being successful in the SPL.

Hope I am wrong.

• Agree 1

Ross has done alright from being an ICT player. He was fortunate to have been picked up by Pele and has been ever present since. How many players can claim to have played and won against every SPL & SFL team whilst playing for one team?

If Terry wants to build his own team with his own players he should do it, but if it doesn't work us fans won't be so forgiving as we were in 2009.

• Agree 1

Every footballer now seriously looking after themselves / especially at the`veteran` stage of their careers

Tokely likely to be trying for the best possible deal out of TB (guessing) Hopefully he`ll get it - not many teams have a rock like him.

Remember he is also accomplished across any position in defence, can still get up &down the attacking right back spot & can hold a midfield spot down with skill.

Plus of course a danger at set pieces & can score a handful of important goals.

A big character & fans favorite !!

As much as its sad to see grant & russell go they didnt bring the flexibility that Tokely has.

He shouldnt be allowed to slip away -( to maybe Aberdeen waiting to snap him up)

Well said. Good first post. Have a green dot.

• Agree 1

Let's keep in mind that this is nothing more than a rumour, and a rumour that goes against previous statements saying that Rossco had activated his 1 year extension.

Some people claiming to be "in the know" on this subject have already removed posts from this thread...maybe they now know they got it wrong? Who knows!!!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Not quite !!! There was no indication that an announcement would be made on June 9th. What was actually said was this ....

"We're making headway but although players out of contract became free agents on June 1, the transfer window does not officially open until June 9, the date at which the SFA accept registrations. One or two clubs may have announced signings but players cannot legally be signed and registered before June 9. Most managers, myself included, will wait till then."

The club didnt commit to saying anything today just that they will announce signings as and when the paperwork is done and registrations go through (unless players tweet about it first or tell the papers) and this is a sensible approach.

Here's something from the Courier a few weeks ago:

Eric Odhiambo, Dani Sanchez, Chris Hogg, Gil Blumenshtein and Max Johnson today joined Grant Munro, Russell Duncan, Stuart Golabek and Roy McBain in being told they would not be kept on

It also mentions......Adam Rooney, Stuart Duff, Kenny Gillet, Gavin Morrison and Shane Sutherland have received new contract offers, while Ross Tokely triggered a clause in his contract that will keep him at the club for at least another year

ponder.gif

Edited by Renegade

That looks like slightly lazy journalism. The actual position seems to be that his appearances triggered a clause that entitled him to another year.

Rossco understandably is thinking about the year(s) following that. Caleyboy's suggestion that he asked for a similar extension option seems entirely plausible, and given ICT's current obsession with 1 year contracts it also seems plausible that the club rejected that idea.

If that is the current situation, it doesn't seem insurmountable, surely its just a case of agreeing the terms of that option, the number of appearances required to trigger another year.

I predict he will stay.

All this talk off folk leaving staying being pushed, from the outside looking in..... Who would want fans like some....

MONEY TALKS peeps and the likes of Rossco have at best 2 more years to make some money.. before what..... Tescos???? so If try to him going then good luck, look at Adam too, He has at best 10 years to make money doing what hes good at so fair play to anyone wanting to make money....

If I remember correctly Terry was on the radio about the time of the Hibs game and stated that Ross had "chosen to trigger the one yr extension on his contract". I think he will stay as well actually but that doesnt mean (IMO) that everything is rosy at the TCS.