Official Travel Club

CaleyD

This is separate from the Supporters Club and will operate on a slightly different timetable. It's aimed at those who wish to arrive at the away location a little earlier and get straight back up the road after the game, which is what people have been asking us for.

Final prices haven't been set yet as we've not had a chance to get together since confirming the bus operator we'll be using (which will be D&E Coaches) and the related costs.

Will there be a bus to the Buckie Thistle game?

No plans to do one at this stage, but if there's enough demand then we could look at doing something.

Can we hae a swally?

The law prevents consumption of alcohol in vehicles travelling to or from a sporting event.

However, the bus will be going direct from Inverness to the away ground (short comfort stop somewhere en-route if needed) and will arrive in ample time for anyone wishing to grab a drink before the game to do so. Return will also be direct, getting back in time for anyone wishing to head out to do so.

Any time we've run buses in the past we have always tried to organise a pub/club for people to head to and if practicable we'll endeavour to do that for as many away games as possible over the season.

and hope they go from greg street saves walking all the way down to the stadium

Buses will depart from, and terminate at the Social Club in Greig Street with a pick up/drop off at the stadium. Any other pick up and drop off points en-route will be by prior arrangement.

Do they pick up at Charnock Richard ?

What the feck do you want, door to door?.............for you they may stretch it to Forton :tongueincheek:

Thats a deal !! Plus everybody should have the perfect fruit preparation for an official bus trip to a footie match.

Buy 4-6 large oranges plus a 10 ml syringe and large syringe needle (green) - plunge needle into orange and drain off most - but not all - the juice. Insert the favoured alcoholic product into the syringe and inject back in to the orange. Add a small transparent waterproof plaster to the injection site - place in a Tesco bag - and enjoy.

• Agree 1

A well written Standard Operating Procedure. Unfortunately it falls down with the lack of reference to Infection Control practice. One must always be dressed correctly before attempting such a procedure.............me...........I prefer Latex.

A well written Standard Operating Procedure. Unfortunately it falls down with the lack of reference to Infection Control practice. One must always be dressed correctly before attempting such a procedure.............me...........I prefer Latex.

Think he's hinting at prodding yer piles Johndo, would ask what instrument is included in the procedure :rolleyes:

Don't want to be negative as this is a great idea, BUT, D & E coaches? That will be the lot who provide stinky buses from the Caley Club for every home game.

The same D & E coaches whose bus was about 2 feet deep in water upstairs and downstairs at the back end of last season soaking everyone sitting in window side seats when the bus abrubtly stopped. The seats too were soaking wet. When I wrote them to complain/comment they wrote back saying someone had left the windows open and the rain got in! Almost impossible given the way the windows open. The truth is that they probably wash out the buses with a hose and forgot to sweep or drain it out. By the way their website says they provide quality coaches which are thoroughly checked prior to each journey, I think not.

Sorry D & E coaches are consistently smelly and positively sub standard judging by the Caley Club experience.

• Disagree 3

You are correct, the buses used to transport people between the Caley Club and TCS are not luxury coaches, they are town buses and of a totally different style and standard to those being hired by the Travel Club for away days.

I know I said more info this week, but been busy and had to finalise a couple of bits of info. I now have everything I need and will be updating the Supporters Trust website tomorrow and putting the online booking live.

Will post back here as soon as I have done that.