Stuart Duff

Libero

Looks like he wants to stay ...

Clicky

"It's been difficult to get it sorted out as I've been on holiday and the manager has been away as well," said the 29-year-old, who joined Inverness in September last year.

"I did tell him that I would speak to him once I got back from holiday, so hopefully I can do that over the next couple of days.

"I have already told the manager that I would like to stay and to be honest it's more the minor details that need to be sorted out rather than anything major.

"One of the main factors for me wanting to be at Inverness is the fact I've been given the chance to play regularly.

"I have a lot to thank the manager for and it would be great to be here next season as I believe Caley Thistle are destined for bigger and better things."

Edited by Libero
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I am concerned that this could be reliable Duff information - Duff looks as good right back as we have had since Rosscoe was in his hay day - I never really rated Proctor as a defender in general BUT Duff could hold his own at full back and could fill gaps in midfield whilst Proctor would be more of a squad player.

My opinion is that they could both do a job for us and I would hope to keep them both - unless new signings arrive in their positions or trialists prove they can provide better cover.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

What's with all the Duff bashing. I doubt he is as bad as some are making out. Yes he was taken to the cleaners a couple of times last season at RB, but he was not alone there as that wee Honduran sprinter tore him a new one. I beieve he is a better midfielder, more composed than some and less wasteful, unfortunately not always, but he does seem to get singled out for unfair criticism at times.

Should we not be getting behind our players until we have sufficient evidence to shout them down. I'm thinking of the likes of Stratford who it became increasingly obvious that he was not the type of player we required in the engine room. We can all have off days, even weeks, but he deserves better than this from some of his own supporters surely. Duff is going to be one of the players that you either love or hate, no middle ground, a sort of balder Russell Duncan, it's going to be a long season for him, I hope he does well.

Still, each to their own.

• Agree 2

duff is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo s**te, please just leave

Totally over the top IMHO, get the impression that this is no more than fishing. Can you name a better player who we could get to fill the role that he holds for us at the moment?

Proctor isn't any better than Duff, in fact I don't really rate Proctor, yes at times I slagged Duff off for being poor and lumping the ball aimlessly forward but looking back it was in games where the whole team were poor. What I would say about Duff is that positionally he has good awareness and positionally is quite sound, he does need to work on his passing and distribution and if that improved he can offer us an awful lot more, far more than Proctor would who I believe is still there as he wasn't out of contract.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I would keep Duff but not proctor . I don't really see why everyone seems to hate him he's a good player.:rolleyes:

I couldn't choose between them...

Good to see proctor back in the game again!