Wimbledon 2011

tm4tj

OK, nobody interested in the tennis then, I'll start my own thread.

Wimbers already started, rain and roof already deployed and Murray through his first test after a jittery start, but once he opened up Daniel was punished to the full.

Murray on again today, rain allowances, hopefully another safe passage through to next round. If he keeps the heid maybe he can take out Nadal in the semi's, plenty of tennis before then though.

Strawberry and cream.......yummy yummy.

Guest Mahonio

OK, nobody interested in the tennis then, I'll start my own thread.

Wimbers already started, rain and roof already deployed and Murray through his first test after a jittery start, but once he opened up Daniel was punished to the full.

Murray on again today, rain allowances, hopefully another safe passage through to next round. If he keeps the heid maybe he can take out Nadal in the semi's, plenty of tennis before then though.

Strawberry and cream.......yummy yummy.

Andy Murray is 1st up on Centre Court tomorrow at 1300 against Richard Gasquet in a re-match of their epic 5 set match in 2008 (which Murray won). Murray hasn't really been at his best so far but he's got the job done in each of his matches which is the main thing. For tomorrow, i predict Murray to win in 4 or 5 sets :).

First set to Murray on a tie break, but he has made heavy weather of it so far. He upped his game when the tie break came along and breezed it, but he struggled on Gasquet's serve up until that point.

Could still be a long day for him if he does not stay on the ball.

Murray blows a Gasquet

He simply blew Dick away after a struggle to win the first set, but after that Murray was in charge. Good win for him, onwards and upwards.

Guest Mahonio

Next up for Mr Murray is unseeded Spaniard, Feliciano Lopez but he may NOT have another Spaniard in semis because Nadal injured his foot during his 4 set win over Juan Martin Del Potro and is set to have a MRI scan tomorrow so if Nadal has to pull out then Mardy Fish would gain an automatic place in Semis where he would expect to meet Murray. IMHO, this is Murrays best chance of making Wimbledon Final and maybe even winning it :).

Viz top tip : Can't get Wimbledon tickets? Replicate the experience at home by laughing and cheering whenever a pigeon lands on your lawn.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. The folk that go there really have the most bizarre sense of humour. I saw the other day, the people came running to put the covers on the court as it had started raining and the umpire then gets wheeled off, while still sitting in his seat. From the sounds of things, some of the people there were literally rolling in the aisles!

Murray's looking good in the semi-final against Nadal, I've probably just jinxed it now haha. Outwith winning the first set he is playing well considering his injury scare at the start of the match.

Fingers crossed he can keep it going

Fully expected Novak to win yesterday with Nadal just not being at his best with his foot injury. Thats now 5 wins in a row against Nadal, and has become the new number 1. Maybe he'll become the new force of Tennis of the next year or so.

Off to watch the Davis Cup in Glasgow on friday to get my next tennis fix.