CM - Andrew Shinnie

LM - Greame Shinnie

ST - Richie Foran

ST - Shane Sutherland

The bench is huge so i'll just keep you up to date as the subs come on

Edited by caleyrule
  • Agree 4

Clach 0-2 ICT (FT)

Sorry guys this was a complete diaster tonight between new phone issues and signal issues it was a nightmare - the game itself wasnt much better,

I'll try and fix all the problems for wednesday match

It was a good game for a friendly. Nick Ross, Graeme Shinnie and Greg Tansey were the pick of the bunch for me, the latter in particular looked very good on the ball - sort of a taller Ian Black kind of player. The number 2 Gilbert is not the tallest of defenders but look strong and composed and seemed to be pretty quick going forward as well. Andrew Shinnie was alright but his shooting was a bit wayward, but he didn't have a bad game and Meekings looked quite a good centre half. A pretty tall, stocky bloke who also seemed to be fairly pacey for a centre half. Wouldn't mind having another look at him. The ICT number 18 who came on in the second half, but wasn't named on the team sheet too looked a right handful.

I must say though, the Man of the Match for me has to be the Clach keeper Steven Dunn. He pulled off some great saves to keep the score respectable, but Clach looked a decent team from what I could see.

It was a good game for a friendly. Nick Ross, Graeme Shinnie and Greg Tansey were the pick of the bunch for me, the latter in particular looked very good on the ball - sort of a taller Ian Black kind of player. The number 2 Gilbert is not the tallest of defenders but look strong and composed and seemed to be pretty quick going forward as well. Andrew Shinnie was alright but his shooting was a bit wayward, but he didn't have a bad game and Meekings looked quite a good centre half. A pretty tall, stocky bloke who also seemed to be fairly pacey for a centre half. Wouldn't mind having another look at him. The ICT number 18 who came on in the second half, but wasn't named on the team sheet too looked a right handful.

I must say though, the Man of the Match for me has to be the Clach keeper Steven Dunn. He pulled off some great saves to keep the score respectable, but Clach looked a decent team from what I could see.

Number 18 was Andrew Greig a under 19 at the club.

I was very impressed with andrew shinnie as well tidy on the ball.

Meekings was fairly steady at the back played better in the centre than at right back.

Thought that Gilbert looked very good footballing style if micah richards.

Overall successful game.

Folks still looked a bit rusty tonight but a wins a win.

A. Shinnie looked tidy on the ball as was said. Seemed very composed and also seemed happy to get forward. Gilbert isn't the biggest but like Gillet is tough, wasnt afraid to get stuck in. Tansey looks decent as well. Big built guy and should be able to cope with the SPL i think. Meekings looked ok but would have preferred to see him at center half.

No sign of Aldred, Tade, Stevenson or the other mystery trialist so i assume they are being saved for a later game. Same with Hayes and Cox.

The wee lad that came on for us in the second half looked really dangerous at times, played on the right wing and showed some great touches and crossing ability.

Edited by ajsict92

Not bad. Was 2-0 going on 10-0 really...as stated above the Clach keeper had a blinder, while Nick Ross hit the bar twice as well. I thought some of our guys were in much better shape than to be expected for the start of pre-season - no obvious spare tyres on show.

I was trying to keep a close eye on the trialists, out of whom Gilbert impressed me the most in his 45 mins on the park - like Gillet he is stocky but pretty quick, and seemed comfortable on the ball. Shinnie the elder was a bit hit and miss, showing some nice touches but had some Duncan-esque passes as well. I think we can do better than him, personally. Was Meekings the no.12? If so he did all right when he came on.

The main complaint from tonight is about Nick Ross's boots - an absolutely shocking pink-purple colour scheme :redcard:

Clach 0-2 ICT (FT)

Sorry guys this was a complete diaster tonight between new phone issues and signal issues it was a nightmare - the game itself wasnt much better,

I'll try and fix all the problems for wednesday match

I was the same, really struggled for a signal last night. Tried for a good 10 minutes trying to post a team line up and gave up in the end. Cant see Wednesday in Forres being much better

Few good performances for me last night, i though Ross, Shinnie (Graeme, playing on left wing) and Sutherland (playing up front) all looked very good, all three looked very dangerous on the ball and were the livliest of the players in the first half. Ross had one very good run from our own half and the shot was unfortunately blocked. Foran seemed quite quiet last night. Tokely was his usual commanding self, mopping up anything that came near him

Andrew Shinnie came onto a good game despite a slow start, seemed to have a good passing range, barring a couple of strays, always looked eager to get the ball and create something

Kerrea Gilbert looked pretty good, in the same mould as Gillet, came off at half time so not much game time to form a decent opinion

didnt see too much of Josh Meekings but he certainly looked strong in the tackle and athletic

Tansey looked decent, had a few shots but took a while to find his range, saw enough to suggest he will be a good signing

Was difficult for the players to get into any sort of rythm, clach battled well but also due to the fact that it was the first game of the season and the pitch itself was needing a cut. Pitch seemed very stickywhich meant passing on the deck wasnt always an option

2-0 didnt really reflect the game, the clach keeper had a few very good saves

Hopefully Wednesdays game will give a better opinion of trialists and be easier to report/update on