Our Sky engineer visit today

MrCaleyjag

So myself and Caleyjag have been having problems with our Sky+HD box so we phoned Sky and they arranged to send an engineer out today to fix the house:

Sky man: oh you're a Caley fan?!!

Me: yip, certainly am

Sky man: it was you lot that ended Celtics title challenge then

Me: you could say that, are you a Celtic fan?

Sky man: yeah, Celtic were terrible that night the worst I have ever seen them play

Me: well you say that and just about everyone else that I have spoken to have said that but no one actually gives us credit for winning the game, I actually thought we played you off the park for most of the game and deserved a lot more credit than we got.

Sky man: well, eh, yeah, maybe, eh, well, I'll just go out and get you a new box from the car

The sense of superiority I got when he went back out to his car was amazing and I had to contain my laughter before he came back in. I think it was his use of 'you lot' that annoyed me and the fact he never even said hello before he came into the house. It made me sit and think about it and yes it was last season and I don't like to dwell but I really don't think we got the credit we deserved from others that aren't attributed to the club and fans.

Hopefully we'll have more reasons to be cheerful this season coming and build on last season giving us even more to gloat about.

• Agree 3

I have the same conversations with the staff at a premier inn at the end of London road (Glasgow Cambuslang)

They all seem to be of a Celtic persuasion down there.

Why are you speaking to staff at a Premier Inn about fixing your Sky+HD box? :tongueincheek:

• Agree 2

Where about was the Sky engineer from? Was he teuch?

I watched that game in a pub in Leith and spoke to some real, actual Glasweigan Celtic fans outside. One wee wifie I spoke to said she that game was the only one they feared post-split and there was general consensus among her buds that they were going to lose. They were Celtic season ticket holders, not people from the north pretending to be Celtic fans. Maybe there's a difference?

Edited by Top Six Next Year

I watched that game in a pub in Leith and spoke to some real, actual Glasweigan Celtic fans outside. One wee wifie I spoke to said she that game was the only one they feared post-split and there was general consensus among her buds that they were going to lose. They were Celtic season ticket holders, not people from the north pretending to be Celtic fans. Maybe there's a difference?

You could be right with that tbh, I'm from Aberdeen and as far as I know he was local. I think it will vary from fan to fan but the true Celtic fans know they were out played that night and they have no excuses, the ones that say they were rubbish and it's the worse they played all season are only looking for excuses to cover up the fact that they were outplayed.

Half my family are Celtic fans and concur that they were outplayed rather than the other way about but it was still funny to get one over on the Sky guy :tongueincheek:

It's funny you mention that there's a difference. I'm of the opinion that the absolute worst type of Old Firm fan are the local one's. All of them absolutely love to gloat about their multi-million pound team beating our shoe-string run budget team and these same folk can't take it when we beat them. It's proper toys out the pram, actual car crash material to hear the way they go on after we beat them.

Perhaps a bit of a sweeping generalisation this as well, but I'm firmly of the opinion that the local Old Firm persuaded population are the one's most likely to burst into sectarian songs when they're playing us!

The funniest thing is, absolutely none of them can hold their own in a conversation on football either. Scientific fact right there.

I remember posting that Hartson had said weeks before the game that ICT was the one team that could upset the apple cart. I wonder if that was because of our set-up last year, and will we still have that big-game strength with all the changes?

At least your SKY engineer arrived!!! Firstly they tried to charge me ?65, then they say engineer will be here between 8- 1pm. Still waiting...

They were going to try and charge me that as well until they realised I had been a customer for over 3 years so I got it for ?40, I couldn't be bothered arguing with them I just wanted it fixed. Has the engineer not phoned you yet, usually they do. If not I'd be on the phone

At least your SKY engineer arrived!!! Firstly they tried to charge me ?65, then they say engineer will be here between 8- 1pm. Still waiting...

They were going to try and charge me that as well until they realised I had been a customer for over 3 years so I got it for ?40, I couldn't be bothered arguing with them I just wanted it fixed. Has the engineer not phoned you yet, usually they do. If not I'd be on the phone

I am getting it fixed for free as I told them to stick their dish somewhere. Put through to cancellation dept and they said no charge :twothumbsup: They won't talk to me as the account is in wife's name. Tried calling but they will only talk to me if she calls them first :annoyed:

I am getting it fixed for free as I told them to stick their dish somewhere. Put through to cancellation dept and they said no charge :twothumbsup: They won't talk to me as the account is in wife's name. Tried calling but they will only talk to me if she calls them first :annoyed:

Why dont you put on a girly voice and phone again. Im having the same problems getting a sat dish installed at Cambuslang premier inn, apparently. :biggrin: