Doran & McKay Signed

Murchison

Another ex Leicester academy player (After Odhiambo, Eagles and Hayes I believe) in. Decent record for Northampton. 16 in 84 overall (doesn't sound spectacular but very few young players do, only the exceptional usually).

He's only 5'7 so I imagine he'll be a nippy wee striker feeding off the likes of Foran and Tade.

Delighted about Doran. Having him and Hayes tearing at defences, fully fit, will be joyful!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! YES.

Well happy to hear Doran has signed. I was hoping we could get him on loan again, never expected us to actually sign him. Brilliant news.

And hopefully this Mackay works out to be our new goal scorer. He'll have plenty of creativity around him from Hayes, Doran, Foran and maybe Tade.

Some more cover at CB and a decent RB please.

Another ex Leicester academy player (After Odhiambo, Eagles and Hayes I believe)

You can also add Lee Cox to that list.

Glad to see more new faces coming in.

• Agree 1

It looks as though the team will be set up to play a passing style of game keeping the ball on the deck. Tade, Foran and Sutherland clearly give some options for the high ball but I think it should be an exciting style of play . Defense still looks suspect but if we score more than we concede then who cares!

Awesome - had been keeping an eye on the twitter conversation Doran was having over last few days with Jonny Hayes, hinting they might be reunited this season.

Think we'll be playing with two wingers then? Should mean plenty of supply for whoever plays at centre forward.

Heh, heh, some good banter on twitter this evening with Hayes (@jonnyhayes7) and Doran (@aardc91)...

I tweet as @Nareystoepoker, and felt confident enough this evening to tweet "Keep an eye out for some great old-fashioned wingplay at Caley Thistle this season,with @jonnyhayes7 on one flank and @aardc91 on the other"

A few minutes later, I get a wee reply from @jonnyhayes7

"@Nareystoepoker @aardc91 wont get a game :P"

Made my evening, that did.

• Agree 3

I'm reasonably happy so far, I'm looking forward to the 23rd. I would consider myself a realist and this time last year I thought with coming back up we'd be lucky to finish 9th or 10th. How wrong I was, this season my gut feeling is 6th or 7th. Hope I'm wrong again and we finish higher but i'd be more than be happy with 6th or 7th.

Someone will need to clarify if Doran is on loan or if he is permanently signed, but delighted to have him back anyway! The boy McKay sounds a prospect and look forward to seeing him in action. Hoping with a bit of help from Foran and Tade he will grab a few goals.

A right back and a center half should be priority now.

• Agree 1

This is superb news. Doran is a great prospect and this signing alone makes our team look better.

I agree with everyone now and think a couple of defenders is all we really need. I'm finally looking forward to the start of the season and hope the new boys get on tomorrow night.

Agree that this is a great boost but also that we need to clone Rossco but make number two Rossco a bit faster and a little slimmer. Two more good defenders and we can start with confidence.

Leicester City feeder club to ICT has a nice ring about it. Notice though that the four players are 5' 7", 5' 8",5' 9" and 5' 10". If we can get a defender linked to them hopefully they will be 5'11"!

Liecester has been coming to ICT (i.e Caledonian F C) for a long time so it looks as if we should continue to be nice to them.

I can heave a sigh of relief at the news of Diligent Doran signing on the bottom line.Team now shaping up to be something...