Doran & McKay Signed

Murchison

Like the poster earlier in the thread some confirmation as to what Doran has "signed" would be appreciated. So far there is no mention of whether it's a permanent deal or if it's a loan spell. Regardless I am delighted he's back. Looks to be a quality wee player.

As others have said, some more cover in defence would be appreciated.

Twitter concersation between Hayes and Doran:

Hayes: you're not on Blackburn wages anymore!!

Doran: am I not? ;)

Take from that what you will. Could mean he is getting the same wage from us that he was on at Blackburn, could be he is on loan, or he could just be taking the mick.

I'd love for it to be a 3 year deal; but can see it being a 2 year with 3 year option.

Not the best of sources but The Sun is reporting that it is a 2 year permanent deal for Doran and that Butcher was delighted to get him on a free. It also says we beat off competition from Aberdeen and St Johnstone who were very keen to sign him.

Really pleased with this news, especially as regards Doran.

My only concern with the way the squad is shaping up is lack of experience. We shed half a dozen experienced campaigners at the end of last season and so far, Tade apart, we have recruited only relatively untried youngsters.

I have a real fear that unless we sign at least a couple of wiser older heads we could get seriously caught out when the going gets tough in the forthcoming SPL campaign.

Few folk from other clubs have us down as struggling this term and going down because we've lost Rooney (who didn't exactly set the heather on fire for the majority of last season) but these signing have convinced me we're going to be absolutely fine.

Rooney (who didn't exactly set the heather on fire for the majority of last season) I beg to differ as he was one of our best players last season even when not scoring and he really came on as a player. Had the potential to be one of the best ever signings for us before he moved away.

Fairly obvious we're not going down the 'old heads' route. Instead, we're taking the route that worked so well for Mo & Tel at Motherwell. A RB is a must. A CB is bordering on necessity but we could hold out til Xmas, with Tokely, Proctor, Aldred and Meekings if we really have to. Far from ideal but just about manageable. One good CB and we're in with a chance of top 6 again.

To have got Doran on a 2 year deal in the manner in which we have is a real coup for us. He had made it clear that he would love to return North and he wasnt lying.

Defence is now priority.

Someone will need to clarify if Doran is on loan or if he is permanently signed,

also stalking his twitter.. it looks like it will be a signing and not a loan. read the digs from hayes about paying up contract to hurry along and the taunt of not on blackburn wages anymore

:bouncyblue:

edit 2 years

Edited by weirdcal

I havent seen much of Aaron much at all last season. I do believe it was the first season of following football since 1976 that i never made it to a game :(

Still..............i have heard nothing but good reports about Aaron, so this sounds like an exccellent piece of business for the club. Cant beLIEve the season kicks off in 9 days.....YIPPEE....i HATE close season! :twothumbsup:

Fairly obvious we're not going down the 'old heads' route. Instead, we're taking the route that worked so well for Mo & Tel at Motherwell. A RB is a must. A CB is bordering on necessity but we could hold out til Xmas, with Tokely, Proctor, Aldred and Meekings if we really have to. Far from ideal but just about manageable. One good CB and we're in with a chance of top 6 again.

We also need to bring in a striker to replace Rooney.

Great news to have doran signed up and not just on loan. Hope McKay can fit in well andit looks like the team is shaping up nicely at last. We seem to have a good midfield and a solid, quick attack so i will be expecting lots of goals. I do agree with my old man that the defence still looks a bit suspect. We a darran dodds of old sort of player so sure up the defence and i think ICT shall be ready for another top 6 charge

Two fantastic signings....and as I understand it, we had first refusal on Doran before he would even look at talking to anyone else who was interested in him...a sign that ICT is perhaps more of a draw for players than we might sometimes give it credit for.

Billy McKay (English born Northern Irish Footballer with a Scottish name) I was only vaguely familiar with due to the coverage he got after scoring against Liverpool last year so can't comment on other than to welcome him to ICT and hope that he can settle in quickly and make an impact on the upcoming campaign.

• Agree 2

Fantastic to here Doran will be back in Inverness again twothumbsup.gif. he's an excellent player and A very hard worker. Even more delighted that he turned down other Scottish clubs so he must have really enjoyed his time up here. Things were looking down a bit on the player front cause of all the injuries but things are on there way up.

Doran and Hayes on the wing! We'll be unstoppable! Roll on Motherwell! ictscarf.gif

bouncyblue.gifbouncyred.gifbouncyblue.gif

I don't know if we'll be signing another CB. If we can keep Aldred to the end of the season then I think that might be us in terms of signing players. I understand people being worried because he's young, but if we'd signed danny wilson or grant hanley on loan i think we'd be delighted and they're both under 20. Aldred by all accounts so far looks like a bit of a player so lets give him a chance.

• Agree 1

Alex MacDonald

@jonnyhayes7 @aardc91 az im tellin u now when im back up ur making my tea and cleaning up after me. #bitch

Can we read anything into this?

I will also add my name to the list of those who want to see more defenders signed.

hi im a northampton fan.... dont expect mckay to score goal galore but one thing u will get from him is effort, i dunno wot your squad is like so not sure if he gonna play or not but this season he was never gonna get in our side hence we let him leave after he signed his new deal in may.

If he can bulk up a bit then i think he would be really good player he just a bit light weight but im sure he will do well 4 u guys if he is given a chance

Twitter is excellent, more up to date with transfers than the Highland News, the Courier and the P&J put together.

Couldn't agree more ICTChris. - especially since the P&J has introduced a paywall which I find bizarre. I was conversing with a Northampton fan last night via the medium of Twitter. Interesting to get their views on Billy McKay. Will definately make more use of it this season.

Twitter is excellent, more up to date with transfers than the Highland News, the Courier and the P&J put together.

Couldn't agree more ICTChris. - especially since the P&J has introduced a paywall which I find bizarre. I was conversing with a Northampton fan last night via the medium of Twitter. Interesting to get their views on Billy McKay. Will definately make more use of it this season.

The press and journal paywall is a real annoyance, makes me even less likely to pay for what they publish.

I'm the same about twitter, its a great medium in which to follow latest news regarding football.

While there werent many updates from the friendly against Bristol Rovers last night from ICT fans, i followed a couple of Bristol fans twitter pages and got some very quick updates and what appears to be fairly unbiased game commentary.

Twitter has certain been embraced by fans and players

Hopefully more football clubs (including ours which i see has an account) makes the most of social networking as a form of quick and efficient communication

Could definately have some excellent uses, quick and efficient way to notify fans about fixtures, match postponements, travel delays for fans, signings, injury updates etc