Doran & McKay Signed

Murchison

monthecaley

Reserve Team

Group: 05: Full Members Posts: 76 Joined: 09-April 06 Posted Today, 09:17 AM

ubern, i'm sure it's just a bit of banter between the lads - nothing that would hint at egos or dressing room disharmony as far as i can see!

Think he means on another possible signing. It was Alex MacDonald that said this to Hayes and Doran. Maybe hinting he could be joining them up north. Think it's unlikely though as he has just signed a new 12 month deal and has been getting a lot of praise pre season.

ubern, i'm sure it's just a bit of banter between the lads - nothing that would hint at egos or dressing room disharmony as far as i can see!

Yeah, its definitely just banter. I was meaning could we read into the fact Alex MacDonald said 'when im back up'

Doran saying on twitter he's still waiting on the paperwork being completed, which is unlikely to be done today. Might not be available to play tomorrow which is a shame. Can we list him as a trialist?

Doran saying on twitter he's still waiting on the paperwork being completed, which is unlikely to be done today. Might not be available to play tomorrow which is a shame. Can we list him as a trialist?

With permission of Blackburn it's possible.

The press and journal paywall is a real annoyance, makes me even less likely to pay for what they publish.

I'm the same about twitter, its a great medium in which to follow latest news regarding football.

While there werent many updates from the friendly against Bristol Rovers last night from ICT fans, i followed a couple of Bristol fans twitter pages and got some very quick updates and what appears to be fairly unbiased game commentary.

Twitter has certain been embraced by fans and players

Hopefully more football clubs (including ours which i see has an account) makes the most of social networking as a form of quick and efficient communication

Could definately have some excellent uses, quick and efficient way to notify fans about fixtures, match postponements, travel delays for fans, signings, injury updates etc

P&J paywall - yes indeed, a pain in the posterior !!! I used to work for Canada's biggest newspaper and paid content did not work for them, and even the NY Times is struggling with theirs which was heavily promoted alongside the iPad, heck the News of the World also put one in and we all know what happened to them too !!!! Not sure how it will work for a small regional newspaper with limited appeal but I suspect their website pageviews will decline significantly and it will hit their bottom line with digital subscriptions not making up the shortfall. Already unsubscribed from my morning newsletter from them as I cant read more than a paragraph of each story and we will probably remove their RSS feed from our main site as the articles it links to are worthless without a digital subscription .....

Twitter is great ... was not convinced at the start of twitter but our @ICTOnline account (and our Facebook page) all get automatic updates every time we publish a story on the main site and this not only drives traffic to this site but puts CTO out there in the social networks too.

The club does have a twitter account @ICTFC which we set up for them along with a Facebook page and the same logic is going to apply there. All website stories will be automatically published to Twitter and Facebook and other content will be added to both as and when the opportunity arises. This would hopefully include all of the uses mentioned above as well as commercial opportunities (sponsorship, hospitality offers, perhaps even some competitions). The account is quiet right now (no tweets) but when the new website launches it should all be good to go.

The club are listening to the fans in terms of what they want to see from them online and with the directors and the management team onside and pulling in the same direction in terms of wanting to make the online portion of the business a success, I think people will be pleasantly surprised at the things that may happen this year.

• Agree 1

on another note, it is unlikely that the club would put up any third party twitter feeds on the official site as they are somewhat bogged down in terms of having to take responsibility for what is displayed on official sites, but there is nothing to prevent us from adding multiple feeds on a page on here ? What do people think ? Maybe we can start a new thread about this ?

edit: setup a basic page .... http://caleythistleonline.com/twitter-feeds

And to think it all started when we commenced to ask for online video reports of the games.

I love the videos but Twitter is a page too far for me. Back through my portal then to my time warp.

Just goes to show it never hurts to ask if you phrase it politely.

Plant the seed and big oaks from little acorns grow. :sarcastic: