Additional signings

Tichy_Blacks_Back

Is it possible that with all the problems at Hearts Darren Barr may become available? He was excellent at Falkirk but hasnt really been able to emulate that at Hearts and im pretty sure that like many he is in the final year of his contract.

He's had his fair share of injuries too. If players like Barr or OTJ were not injury-prone, we could never sign them. But, as they are, should we be signing them knowing they are potentially much better than what we could get otherwise? I guess that's up to the medical men and the manager on a case by case basis. I don't think we could afford too many, maybe even one (I wouldn't say none as it can work spectacularly well for us too).

'm sure I heard that Cillian Sheridan's loan deal at St Johnstone is up either at the end of this month or next. Would he be worth bringing in? Would he come? I think he'd be quite a good signing myself.

Doubt it, Sofia are looking to sell him. Would be a good signing but i would imagine theyd be reluctant to loan him again.

Courier says today that Butcher wants to keep Golobart, Davis, and Chippendale beyond January and that finding another center back to replace Hogg is high on priority. Nice to see he's making his intentions clear. If Golobart carries on improving then i wouldnt mind seeing him stay for the season, same goes for Davis. I think Chippendale may go back though, by January Doran and Jones will hopefully be back in the squad and Chipper will just get pushed further down the pecking order. Glad he's going to get a new center back as well.

'm sure I heard that Cillian Sheridan's loan deal at St Johnstone is up either at the end of this month or next. Would he be worth bringing in? Would he come? I think he'd be quite a good signing myself.

Doubt it, Sofia are looking to sell him. Would be a good signing but i would imagine theyd be reluctant to loan him again.

Hes very inj prone and lets be honest, thats the last thing we need...

Players like Hayes will always attract a fair bit of attention.

My source tells me Sheffield United have had him watched recently and were very impressed with his showing on Saturday , he also told me Hayes isn't the only one that could be out the door in January !!!

Lets be honest, Jonny is arguably the best player in our squad right now and has been for the last 2 seasons and im glad we have held onto him as long as we have. If he goes then he has my best wishes. He's had offers before and knocked them back for the good of his career and has defnitely developed so much while he has been here. If he stays i'll be delighted. I know he's settled up here but so was Adam Rooney when he moved. If Jonny goes we will replace him, its what we always do.

I was told a few months ago that while Hayes likes playing for ICT, he does miss playing in England. Also, it's interesting that Butcher says he wants to hang on to Chippendale till the end of the season. Could he be looking to hold onto him as a replacement for Hayes if he isn't here come next May?

Edited by Renegade

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mahonio

Was reading an article in The Sun or Record's Football pullout last night and they had about 6 players which the article writer said would or should be targets for SPL clubs from SFL, they were: Aaron Sinclair (Partick, Defender), Nicky Riley (Dundee, Midfielder), Craig Sibbald and Farid El Alagui (Both Falkirk, Strikers), Ryan Donnelly (Airdrie, Striker) and Liam Cusack (Clyde, Striker).

Anyone out of that half dozen who could maybe cut in SPL for us and be worth a January bid?

I hope the management team have players in mind should any departures be iminent. Seems to be the fashion to leave transfers to the last minute, meaning if you have a thin squad, and that happens...could really leave you in the doo doo for the rest of the season. If i was a manager...id want all my targets in asap, so hopefully we would get a whole extra months worth of points on the board

• Agree 1

Was reading an article in The Sun or Record's Football pullout last night and they had about 6 players which the article writer said would or should be targets for SPL clubs from SFL, they were: Aaron Sinclair (Partick, Defender), Nicky Riley (Dundee, Midfielder), Craig Sibbald and Farid El Alagui (Both Falkirk, Strikers), Ryan Donnelly (Airdrie, Striker) and Liam Cusack (Clyde, Striker).

Anyone out of that half dozen who could maybe cut in SPL for us and be worth a January bid?

Would love to see Ryan Donnelly here but larger clubs than us would be his prefered destination i presume.

Hearts striker John Sutton was told by Paulo Sergio on the training pitch on Thursday that the club want him out before the transfer window closes. (Daily Express)

Any1 think we would hve any chance of signing him, even on a loan deal perhaps??