Thomas Piermayr

Libero

is currently on trial with us, he is predominantly a right back but can also play left back.

According to todays Highland News and Press and Journal, he played at Buckie last night and recently turned out for Kilmarnock as a trialist playing at Ross County at the weekend. He played 45 mins at right back and 45 mins at left back over the bridge

Anyone who was at last nights game notice how he played?

Should we be concerned that he wasn't good enough for Killie? I don't think so. Clubs can be looking for different things in a player, and a short trial only gives a limited picture of the player, who could just be having an off day.

I always enjoy remembering that we signed Paul Ritchie straight after he had an unsuccessful trial with St Mirren, who said "he's not the sort of striker we are looking for". What, one who scores goals? He went on to score loads of goals in our regular victories against them.

Did Kilmarnock drop their interest in him after the weekend or did we sneek in under the radar?

Good to see us trailing a defender though especially someone that can play RB and that has under 21 caps for his country, I don't know anything about him however welcome the news and if he is good enough I am sure TB will snap him up.

Many players go on trial to many teams and just because they are not then offered a deal does not mean they are not good enough. The main two reasons, other than being sh!te, for a player not getting a contract tend to be - does not add to what we have already - or - style of player not suited to style of game we play.

Killie have something like 8 defenders on their books already so its likely that this player doesn't add anything to what they have but could well be suited to what Terry's after. Time will tell.

• Agree 1

I thought our right back at Buckie was one of our best players I was told it was Jack Sutherland (I didn't think it was though, he seemed too tall) Anyway whoever it was had a decent game.

Did Kilmarnock drop their interest in him after the weekend or did we sneek in under the radar?

Good to see us trailing a defender though especially someone that can play RB and that has under 21 caps for his country, I don't know anything about him however welcome the news and if he is good enough I am sure TB will snap him up.

Ditto Liam Keogh.

I watched him quite closely last night cause I know our right back postion needs filled with an out and out right back. I have to say that, although he was playing Highland League opposition, albiet the league champions for the last 2 years that he was by far the best player on the park. He showed composure - much needed, vision, confidence and nerve when some of the Buckie lads were arriving a bit late for tackles. A little too early to say if he's up to 'SPL standard' but he seems to have that mix of confidence and ability that Gillet shows on the left.

Butcher on Thomas Piermayr:

Taken from internet highland news report here: http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Butcher-targets-Austrian-full-back-7046137.htm

"I was very pleased with Thomas. He's sharp, quick and is a good passer of the ball. Right-back is his best position, but he can play left-back. His English is good, he has a good touch and fine understanding of his position. He rattled a few Buckie Thistle players because they were rattling him, which was great, he's got a bit of steel to him.

"He had two games in four days. He played for Kilmarnock on Saturday, so he was starting to feel the effects of those at the end of the Buckie match. He hasn't done a lot of pre-season training, but he's played more than 60 games for Linz in the Austrian league and he's been an under-21 international, so he has quality.

"He's desperate to do well, he had a contract at Linz, but he wants to play in the UK to broaden his horizons, so we'll see. He'll train with the first-team this week and we can see the quality that he has and then have a chat with him and his agent."

From the posts above I think the gaffer should take a gamble and sign him if possible.

I agree, the reports from people who saw him play the other night sound favourable, understandably it was against HL competition but by the sounds of it he likes to get stuck in and has a good range of passing.

With our current lack of options at RB i can see Terry signing him up

• Disagree 1

Sounds promising but steady on. His match was only against Buckie. Naturally you can only beat what's been put in front of you but getting him to train with the seniors sounds the best bet. Imagine if he was getting constantly skinned by G.Shinnie or his tackling looked to be sub-standard of Proctor. So, yep, promising but let's hold our fire on a new contract until we've got SPL quality to compare him to. Does look hopeful though.