Amy Winehouse

tm4tj

An accident waiting to happen I'm afraid, such a shame and a waste of tremendous talent.

Amy Winehouse dead at 27

Janis Joplin dead at 27

Jim Morrison dead at 27

Jimi Hendrix dead at 27

Brian Jones dead at 27

Kurt Cobain dead at 27

Robert Johnson dead at 27

Alan Wilson dead at 27

All members of the 27 club.

Seems to be a bad age.

Edited by tm4tj

Part of me feels sad....more so for those who loved her...left to pick up the peices. Another part of me feels little sympathy due to her CHOSEN lifestyle. I think her career is being over sensationalized by the media. She certainly was NO "genius"...very few are in the world of music. I even heard her described as one of the most significant artists of the last century...erm...yeah...RIGHT!

I have no sympathy for her. Nor for any of her hangers on that she had. I also do not feel sorry for her Dad who exploited her into situations that led to this.

This was always going to happen. Will the world miss her? Probably not - she has been gone for a good number of years. It was always going to end this way.

I dont think any of us are in a position to make judgement , we know nothing about her life or what led her to drug addiction ,

We only know what the media feeds us .

As for her music thats a matter of personal opinion , to me she was unique with an amazing voice , so sad there wont be more .

R I P Amy x

It is sad when someone talented is taken too soon and make no mistake, she was talented. Whether her music was to your taste or not, it certainly was to a lot of people, otherwise she would not have got famous in the first place.

However, her excesses of drugs and alcohol - which are well documented, and perhaps overshadowed her music in later years - have always, in my opinion, made her a car crash waiting to happen and unfortunately that happened on Saturday.

We will all have our opinions on who is to blame, I know I certainly do, but ultimately you would have to say that it was Amy herself as she had the power to say no, and she paid the ultimate price for not exercising that power.

To those who lost a loved one, and maybe tried to set her straight through interventions or rehab, they have my sympathy, but to those who were enablers - and they know who they are themselves far better than we ever will - I hope they can live with the guilt of knowing they either introduced her to a lifestyle that would eventually kill her, or enabled her to continue going down that path when they should have been trying to help.