Nick Ross

RossP

OK, I'll say it, after todays performance why the hell is he being called up.

Absolutely rubbish, short of pace, no tackle, nothing in the air, it bemuses me how he started.

I know the boy has talent, but ready for the SPL, I'm not so sure.

We were 1000% better when Doran came on and even Shane had more to offer.

cheers

Disgruntled

red dots in this corner please>>>

• Agree 4

OK, I'll say it, after todays performance why the hell is he being called up.

Absolutely rubbish, short of pace, no tackle, nothing in the air, it bemuses me how he started.

I know the boy has talent, but ready for the SPL, I'm not so sure.

We were 1000% better when Doran came on and even Shane had more to offer.

cheers

Disgruntled

red dots in this corner please>>>

No dots left today but would have been green! Think Nick has a great future ahead of him but today was not one of his better ones!

Have to agree. Thought he did next to nothing today. How he got a Player of the Season award at the start of the game for his performances last season is an absolute mystery, as the second half of last season he barely did a thing. A loan out to a 1st Division or even 2nd Division side could do him the world of good. Sadly though he seems rather untouchable in some people eyes.

that would be demoralising dont want that for the lad hes a great player that has a lot to offer a few games on the bench maybe but not a loan out esspecially since over the course of the season we will need him to come in if players get ijured

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Just thought he looked a little light today and was struggling to make an impact. Has plenty of potential no doubt but will probably be used more from the bench this season - will be a valuable member of the squad.

Was impressed with Sutherland's attitude when he came on....

Poor game from Nick today. Perhaps he felt the pressure of knowing that his place in the team is very much under threat. With Rooney gone we will not be playing the lone striker game. With six from Jones, Cox, Doran, Tansey, Sutherland, Foran, Hayes, Tade, MacKay and Ross, I personally don't see where he would fit in when all payers are available. Great player to have available on the bench though

Never seen him today but I think some on here are being a bit harsh. So he had a bad game. If thats all there is to go on then why are so many other players still hero's. Everyone had at least one bad game last season but nobody is calling for them to be put out on loan. Nick started in 35 games and came of the bench in a further 4 last season. Is that not far better experience than he'll ever gain in a lower team loan spell? He was also very close to being awarded Player of the Year last season as voted for by the same fans who are now slating him. There was me thinking it was only the gutter press who built someone up to knock him down again.

• Agree 3

Sorry Alex, I like a happy clap myself, but he was anonymous. He may have started x amount of games............ whatever, but how many of those games was he effective in.

Today he was a passenger which Butcher identified and replaced him, but we played with 10 men for too long.

At the risk of repeating myself, he will be a quality and quantity player one day.............today was not that day.

• Agree 1

Good to see Nick back in the U-21's squad. Definitely didn't have his best game today but we have to remember that he is still young and is developing as a player all the time. Think it's highly unfair those fans who are calling for him to leave on loan etc. As Alex has pointed out he started 35 games last season and he was certainly one of our most consistent performers, in his first season in the SPL and second season of playing full-time professional football! Good luck to him when representing our country.

• Agree 1

Good to see Nick back in the U-21's squad. Definitely didn't have his best game today but we have to remember that he is still young and is developing as a player all the time. Think it's highly unfair those fans who are calling for him to leave on loan etc. As Alex has pointed out he started 35 games last season and he was certainly one of our most consistent performers, in his first season in the SPL and second season of playing full-time professional football! Good luck to him when representing our country.

well said

Yes he had a very poor game today and was rightly subbed, with Doran on we looked far more effective moving from midfield to attack. Lets keep it in perspective though I thought Gillet and even Tokley were pretty rotten today too. Most players, even Foran last season have a dip in form for whatever reason and the proof in the pudding will be in how Nick responds to it, chin up young man!

I know I'm going to get slated for this but honestly I don't understand some people on this! Nick Ross was brilliant for us last season. Didn't chip in with many goals but that wasn't his job to do. He's our most promising youngster by far and yes had a poor game today but how you can suggest to put him out on loan is just laughable.

Congrats Nick on getting called up!

• Agree 1

With tough competition for places, especially in midfield, one bad game could be enough to get you dropped. Maybe Doran will get his chance next weekend after showing a better performance when coming on. I wouldn't like to see Ross go out on loan as i think he is a good player but i don't think he'll be getting 35 starts this season, The midfield looks alot more competitive this season and he may struggle to hold down a regular place until Terry picks his best 11.

He had an average game by his standards but he is one of our best players so will come good. Pretty sure he will continue to be a first pick as well. Some people are being far too harsh judging him on one game.