The "Where Are They Now?" Thread

Renegade

I've been looking at a lot of old topics recently and remember none other than the very mysterious poster "Richard Fairbrass". He seemed to know a heck of a lot of inside information, far far more than a regular fan or even "someone in the know" would. He was almost certainly an ICT player during either one of or both of Brewster's terms here and claims he once "witnessed Brewster lying to a player" and wouldn't post some information due to a "risk of fines". One poster believed he was Ian Black while another claimed he was Darren Dods!

He also claims that some posters "know who he is" and is "an Arab" with "a strong dislike of Brewster". Barry Wilson perhaps?

Edited by Renegade

A player??? Aye I'm a player................ just not a very good player lol!! Cheers for the heads up Dom!! Wait till I tell you about.............. no, can't expose this one - it'll blow my cover lol.

Richard Fairbrass lives! Got any other nuggets to share with us? :wink:

Somewhat disconcertingly, posters on here once speculated that I was none other Sandy Cromarty! Others thought I was Dougal... :furtive:

But were they right though, that's the thing......

Edited by Renegade

Yes there is a way for Admin to check. Just as people cannot hide behind psuedonyms on facebook and twitter. To register you need a valid e-mail and to obtain one you need to give personal details. Thats how the police caught the cyber bullies who recently made racial comments to players.

Yeah bring back Birdog! He's done his time!
Never going to happen. He made it extremely personal and will never be welcome back as a full member. However, as we no longer make guests register to view most of the site, it is quite likely he still views the forum, and we have no issue with that ......

To answer the previous question. yes we do have mechanisms that allow us to detect duplicate/multiple accounts and we deal with those as they come up. We also have inbuilt features/measures in place (from the creators of this software as well as thirdy party providers like stopforumspam, akismet and others) that allow us to (try and) detect and block known spammers, hackers or other undesirables as well as known bad proxies or email domains and such like.

The IP address is still an option for identifying users but these days its not the most reliable so heuristics and fuzzy logic come into it as well ...... However, all information about a user that is not 'public' is subject to Data Protection so even if you ask us, we cant tell you ......