Tokely Appeal

CaleyD

Guest Mahonio

If this does not get overturned there is no hope left!

If this one doesn't get overturned, i'll lose all respect for Neil Doncaster or Stewart Regan, whichever one makes this decision, it was a SHOCKING decision by Norris :irritated:.

If this does not get overturned there is no hope left!

If this one doesn't get overturned, i'll lose all respect for Neil Doncaster or Stewart Regan, whichever one makes this decision, it was a SHOCKING decision by Norris :irritated:.

It's a panel of referees. Doncaster knows little about football.

Yes!

But if it is denied ICT should demand an English panel of judges to review the evidence and continue to make a stink about it with a view to embarrassing all of these neanderthal dopes in Glasgow.

The panel of judges could easily be drawn from Norwich because it ios a sleepy town on the East Coast where the word bias has never been heard of.

Don't you think that cameras /video now have to be introduced into Scottish Fotball. ? Anybody agree with me on this pressing issue?

• Agree 2

You mean you actually had respect for Doncaster before!? ohmy.gif

Have the SPL/SFA changed the way the appeals procedure works? The reason I ask is that from what I remember when an appeal is made they confer with the referee who was at the game and ask him to review his decision, in my opinion not what an appeal should be about as how many referee's were likely to say they were wrong.

If the procedure has been changed and it is an independant panel who review them without the referee's opinion being heard then great, if it hasn't then unfortunately I don't think anyone will have much luck with appeals this season including us.

• Agree 1

at the end of the day while it will be good to have the red overturned and rosscoe to be available again its a futile en-devour in all other aspects as we will not regain any points. that was a pivotal point in the game and regardless of the outcome the points have gone to ibrox and will not end up any where else

The appeal will be successful .. as the authorities need to set an early precedent to make it easier for them to rule on future dubious issues.

As they seem to be so scrutinized & severely under pressure most of the time can you imagine the furore if a penalty forexample is given against Rangers for Motherwell in similar circumstances to Tokely.

Then because our appeal was succesful it would then be easy for them to rescind the red card for a Rangers appeal. Simple as that. Yes our appeal will win for the ultimate benefit of the old firm !1

Have the SPL/SFA changed the way the appeals procedure works? The reason I ask is that from what I remember when an appeal is made they confer with the referee who was at the game and ask him to review his decision, in my opinion not what an appeal should be about as how many referee's were likely to say they were wrong.

If the procedure has been changed and it is an independant panel who review them without the referee's opinion being heard then great, if it hasn't then unfortunately I don't think anyone will have much luck with appeals this season including us.

It was one of the revamps ..... it goes in front of a panel now (see link to failed st Mirren appeal)

http://icrenfrewshire.icnetwork.co.uk/tm_headline=hasselbaink-loses-red-card-appeal%26method=full%26objectid=29221445%26siteid=87085-name_page.html

It was one of the revamps ..... it goes in front of a panel now (see link to failed st Mirren appeal)

http://icrenfrewshir...-name_page.html

Cheers Scotty, clears that up then. I was sure I had heard it was changed but couldn't remember where I heard it from.

I am hoping that the decision is changed and the red card is resinded however I am not so sure, my brother is in the process of doing his referees course and he said that this decision came up in the course this week as a point for debate. All were in general concensus that Tokely made a scissor like motion with his legs from behind regardless if he got the ball or not, this was the thoughts of all on the course and also those teaching at the course. For these reasons I don't see it being changed as I have a feeling this will be how it has been seen from the ref's view/angle at the time.

I am not saying it is correct nor that I agree with it just how it may be perceived unfortunately. For what it's worth I do think it was a great tackle to get the ball first I just don't think the ref seen that touch and the linesman never helped either.

Cheers Scotty, clears that up then. I was sure I had heard it was changed but couldn't remember where I heard it from.

I am hoping that the decision is changed and the red card is resinded however I am not so sure, my brother is in the process of doing his referees course and he said that this decision came up in the course this week as a point for debate. All were in general concensus that Tokely made a scissor like motion with his legs from behind regardless if he got the ball or not, this was the thoughts of all on the course and also those teaching at the course. For these reasons I don't see it being changed as I have a feeling this will be how it has been seen from the ref's view/angle at the time.

I am not saying it is correct nor that I agree with it just how it may be perceived unfortunately. For what it's worth I do think it was a great tackle to get the ball first I just don't think the ref seen that touch and the linesman never helped either.

If the referees of the future are all in agreement about this, then Terry is right. We may as well stop tackling. How depressing.

If the referees of the future are all in agreement about this, then Terry is right. We may as well stop tackling. How depressing.

Agreed but this is symptomatic of the way the game is going and the more the years go on the more the rules chage to punish those that go to ground. Tackling in itself is an art like dribbling and making mazy runs etc but unfortunately those in power must have been strikers in their time as tackling is not seen that way anymore.

just for clarification - there was a typo in the press release issued earlier today and shown (and now updated) on the official site. The appeal is actually tomorrow, not today .... thats why we havent heard the outcome !

Whoever said a scissoring leg motion was dangerous anyway. Some mug at Fifa no doubt like Sep Blatter. I've always thought the dangerous tackles are the ones that make contact with the player.

Had Tokely used his "trailing" scissor leg to interfere with the player or affect the challenge I'd see the reason for it being considered a scissor challenge and therefore illegal. But he didn't. His right leg made little if no contact with Naismith. Alas common sense rarely prevails in the football halls of power.

Cant see us winning the appeal but remain hopeful.

Yes! But if it is denied ICT should demand an English panel of judges to review the evidence and continue to make a stink about it with a view to embarrassing all of these neanderthal dopes in Glasgow. The panel of judges could easily be drawn from Norwich because it ios a sleepy town on the East Coast where the word bias has never been heard of.Don't you think that cameras /video now have to be introduced into Scottish Fotball. ? Anybody agree with me on this pressing issue?

Have you been drinking?

Let's not have our club go down the Romanov route of calling all those in power corrupt and mafia like, etc.

Also can't see Terry as an Ipswich legend getting much sympathy from a Norwich based panel.

You need a good nights sleep Pimples. Simples.

:nanananana: