What I did on my holidays

Naelifts

The second weekend in August means the Abernethy Highland Games for me in my beloved Nethybridge. Last year I got a pass which enabled me to sneak up to Aviemore and jump on a train for ICT v Celtic. The train was full of Celtic fans as you would imagine. At least 70% of those who got on the train at Aviemore wore green and white........how depressing is that! THis year I could only wangle permission to go to Aviemore and watch the game on TV. I was sitting in the pub with one ICT supporter and 25 of "the other persuasion" suffering endless waffling from the blue nosed TV commentators and surrounded by the " c'mon the championees", "c'mon the blues" brigade. It is only to be expected I suppose and will always be the case. With the success that ICT have had since inception including some world-reverberating headline moments, the club could not have done more on the park to garner local support. What a shame then that so many people living within easy travelling distance of an SPL club can not bring themselves to lend their support. It is the same country-wide. At least I had one ally at the bar...........thanks for that whoever you were.

Then I went home.

There seems to be a lot of younger ICT supporters which bodes well for us.

I agree with what you say and while we will never rival the twins of evil for support I think we are in a better position than many other SPL/upper 1st division teams. We can only hope our support does increase over the years.

I know a few folk who are ex season ticket holders from both sides of the OF who now have season books for ICT. I also know others who are OF supporters but attend ICT games and take their kids to the games as they do not want the kids to become OF supporters. These are positives but still we'll never rival them for support.

I see no reason why in 15 - 20 years our attendances cannot become closer to the likes of Dundee Utd. however.

:ictscarf:

I went into Stornoway to watch the Rangers game in the Lewis Bar. I was feeling particularly shyte that day with flu-like symptoms and could have done with just lying down rather than perched on a bar stool. Plenty of bluenoses who arrived about 2 mins before kickoff and cheered when Rossco got the red card. After 2-0 they lost interest and chatted away with their back to the screen.

Didn't have any ICT gear with me apart from my hat :laugh: Was dying for us to score so I could find out if anybody else was supporting us, mind you they would probably turn out to be tims anyway :sad: