Home alone

Being allowed of the leash again fer the Jam Tart game - where do all the mature social drinkers go on a Friday night these days ?

Downstairs of the Market bar would your best bet you should be able to find a friend in there with similar banter

where do all the mature social drinkers go on a Friday night these days ?

Tha Leejun!!! :laugh: (aka God's Waiting Room) Saturday nights even more so. Even I really feel quite young when I go in there.

I can only assume you got your in depth knowledge of grouse shooting while in said establishment

dougal

I can only assume you got your in depth knowledge of grouse shooting while in said establishment

Aye, grouse shooteen is all perfectly ordinary guys wi' Unvarness ocksents kumeen off shift at the Sports Centre or a factory doon the Longman an' driveen up the moors in their Ford Fiestas an' they're dooeen it all in the name of konsarvayshun and employeen locals with not the slightest hint of enjoyment at blasting away like maniacs at defenceless birds.

And of course - not a toff in sight.....

Edited by Charles Bannerman

so where do the mature wummin hang out ?

Johndo.... I've told you.... Tha Leejun. If you stay on post match, someone in the Caley Club is bound to be able to sign you in for Grab A Granny Night round the corner in Huntly Street!

Tichy... it can't have been long after 1992 that the back bar in the Lochardil was closed. It is now but a very distant memory to me but was a social focal point in its day.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Aye, grouse shooteen is all perfectly ordinary guys wi' Unvarness ocksents kumeen off shift at the Sports Centre or a factory doon the Longman an' driveen up the moors in their Ford Fiestas an' they're dooeen it all in the name of konsarvayshun and employeen locals with not the slightest hint of enjoyment at blasting away like maniacs at defenceless birds.

And of course - not a toff in sight.....

IMO you should stick to the Athletics Bannerman and leave the football and grouse shooting to the ones who have much more an in depth knowledge off both sports

Anyway is it no time you changed that shirt and tie that you wear week in/ week out in the local rag :biggrin:

dougal

• Disagree 3

• 4 weeks later...