Ayr v ICT matchnight thread

Yngwie

16 months ago we beat Ayr 7v0, tonight we got beat 1v0 and by the sounds of things with not much of a reply ........................ well Tell you got your wish, you got your players in during that time and guess what it's up to you to get us out of this mess. Yes we have a lot of new players in but we should not be getting beat by Ayr Utd regardless. I have faith in you still but please please sort it out pronto.

sorry but we should not be getting passed off the park by Ayr Utd ! what happened to our new " passing game " that Terry promised us this season? thought this could be the game to kick start our season. As i said previously i am a realist and dont expect us to win every game, but i also expect any team Terry Butcher puts out on the pitch to have a bit of dig and fight about them, that did not sound like it happened tonight

Still a good few days left of august folks !!!

whats gonna be worse for the respective fans - us out of the........ can never remember the name of it cup !

or the old firm out of europe!

Too early to worry / panic other teams will have bad patches / injuries we`re just suffering now !

We are talking about a part time team here. There is no excuse for losing to a team like that. I accept we have injury problems but these players TB signed were signed on the expectation that they could play at SPL level and as a result see off a team like Ayr United. I am not calling for Butcher's head by any means but I honestly believe that if he doesnt get another proper striker in to fill in the missing link of goals then we are going to be in a lot of trouble. We can't expect Foran, Doran and Hayes to fill in the void and play out of position.

Not a subscriber to the "too early to panic/talk about relegation" merchants. We are nothing short of absolute horsesh*t and something needs done. Calling for Butchers head is stupid - I think the answer could be as simple as a tactics change.

Oh and some players that aren't crocked/prone to being crocked and are actually footballers please.

• Agree 1