ICT -V- Kilmarnock : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Excellent stuff today, much much better. Started the game brightly, wish we carried it on throughout the game but Happy with the overall performance.

Gregory Tade take a bow, brilliant today and topped if off with a goal. Clearly the ayr game was a kick up the arse they needed. Happy to be off the bottom and now the season starts here.

Hope Richie and Aaron are not in too much trouble with their injuries, as posters have said it's a good wee break now with the international break.

Bring on the Hearts !!

First half hour we were great. We got stuck into them right from the start closing them down, harassing them and didn't give them time to settle. Great cross by Foran and a brilliant header by Tade for the opener. Killie scored a good goal against the run of play and we then went back to our same old same and were lucky not to be behind. Give the players credit though, they hung on in there and Shinne scored a cracking winner. Shame our injury list is getting longer by the minute, hopefully the two week break will give some time to get back to fitness. Onwards and upwards ICT.

Gosh forgotten how good it feels to win! The team fought hard today for the 3 points and at the end you could see how much it meant to the players as well as us. Good to see all the players celebrate - did anyone notice Tuffey running down to the north stand goal to hug Ryan Esson. Tade what a character and a real worker, so good to see it rewarded with a goal and about time something good happened for a certain Mr Shinnie I bet that goal felt good.

On the down side more now in the tcs casualty ward but good to see MacKay near ready and sounds like Tansey is not going to be out for long. Hope Richie and Doran are not out for too long.

Hope this is a sign of things getting better. As already said onwards and upwards.

A great game of football. Both sides contributed, but I am soooo delighted we got that in the last minute after what we have put up withthis year. Mind you, couldn't believe some of the stuff that Mr. Madden let Killie away with - the two footed lunge from behind that stopped Doran (before he was injured) on the half way line, breaking from our half was scandalous, solid red. When Doran was injured, that was the third attempt that the guy had at him. James Dayton is a great wee player, but an absolute trumpet of a man. Still, if you get away with, you'll keep doing it I suppose. Tade was immense, and Nicky ross had a great game. No failures at all, but Roman Golobart was superb at the back. Feckin well done boys.

Unfortunately didn't make it through but delighted to see ICT win at long last. Even more delighted to see Graeme Shinnie get the winner. He's been excellent since coming into the team over the last couple of weeks and getting such a vital goal for the team is reward for his recent endeavors.

Shame about Doran getting injured. Have we ever had so many folk out injured!?

Just back in from the pub

No negativity from me tonight, I thoroughly enjoyed the game today, entertainment was served up by both teams, I thought it was a very open game and we deserved the three points :ictscarf:

I've been one of Tade's critics but i'm genuinely delighted he got his first goal despite a couple of typical Tade comedy moments, hopefully the lad's confidence will now grow seeing he's hit the back of the net

Not read any of this thread so has anyone heard how Foran is and what extent the injury is?

dougal

• Agree 2

All we need now is a Hearts victory tomorrow and Rangers to put 3 or more past Aberdeen :-)

All very possible, Hibs are very poor this season, we were robbed due to bad refereeing and Sheep are quite poor aswell and Rangers will be looking to get back to winning ways.

Johndo, Tokely was at right back, Piermayr right mid, Morrison and Ross centre mid and Doran on the left.

Also for the first time ever I find myself agreeing with Dougal! Most enjoyable game, both teams attempting to pass the ball rather than hoofing it up the park.

Must admit i was not confident going into the game but its clear that whatever was said following the Ayr game seemed to make a major difference. We went into the game with a very disjointed side that was literally down to the bear bones but there was a togetherness and a hunger about the team that i hadnt seen until today.

Some of the football played today was decent too, both sides passed the ball about at times with plenty of chances created either way. Kilmarnock looked good but it was clear that the loss of Eremenko and Taouil has hampered their attacking influence in midfield. One thing that impressed me about us today was the way the defence attempted to play us out of danger, something we dont do often enough but that i think we are quite capable of doing.

Gregory Tade was the pick of the bunch for me today, took his goal brilliantly and was deserved on his overall performance. Gave the Killie defence no peace today and was covering every bit of the pitch that he could, may not become a regular goalscorer but he will win us some games this season with those kind of displays.

Late wins always make me smile but this one was paticularly sweet, im sure this will leave us feeling alot better about our chances of climbing the table.

Yet more injuries today. Have we had a curse put on us or something? Really hoping that one or two additions are made to the squad before the window shuts because there is no doubt that they are needed.

Decided to go late on Friday - so glad I made the effort - it was worth a 5 hour drive. I have no idea who to pick for the POTY poll - there were so many candidates. Great to see Tadé finally scoring one that counted (I immediately looked to the linesman, just in case!), but he worked his backside off (again) throughout. Great also to see Graeme Shinnie putting the winner in - two virgin scorers from opposite ends of the formation! Ross looking confident and showing good presence, Tokely weighting passes perfectly. I could go through the lot, saying good things about them, but suffice to say, I've seen worse performances from Brazil.

Negatives - the appropriately named Bobby Madden, James Dayton and fellow divers, more injuries.

Finally, a special mention for Malpas, who did well not to punch the fourth official while he was over in our technical area telling Mo to calm down after yet another Killie free kick for an Oscar-worthy performance.

Edited by ilpadrino
  • Agree 1

Decided to go late on Friday - so glad I made the effort - it was worth a 5 hour drive. I have no idea who to pick for the POTY poll - there were so many candidates. Great to see Tad? finally scoring one that counted (I immediately looked to the linesman, just in case!), but he worked his backside off (again) throughout. Great also to see Graeme Shinnie putting the winner in - two virgin scorers from opposite ends of the formation! Ross looking confident and showing good presence, Tokely weighting passes perfectly. I could go through the lot, saying good things about them, but suffice to say, I've seen worse performances from Brazil.

I'm sure Gregory Tade and Graeme Shinnie will be thrilled to learn you've called them a pair of virgins on the world wide web...

Seriously, it's brilliant to read so many posts praising the players' attitudes and the team's performance. Even if we'd had a great start to the season we couldn't reasonably have expected much from yesterday with all the injuries we had. Looking forward to Tannadice in 3 weeks with renewed optimism now - just hope we can get a few more players back by then.

I don't often post about games but I am so p*ssed off with Kilmarnock players today. Last season I applauded Kilmarnock off the pitch when they beat us 3-1 and played wonderful football. Today the number 10 was a disgrace with constant diving and the boy Kelly's foul (or assault) on Doran was unbelievable. Shield and Nicol should take a good look at themselves and their team if this is what they put them on the pitch to do.

Fully agree with you .From where I saw the assault on Doran the player in question should be on an assault charge. I hope he learns something from his disgraceful attack on another of our top players now that he succeeded in putting him out of action for possibly three months .Shame on you .I can accept accidents happen but this was totally out of order.

Good luck Aaron hope we see you back soon .Wishing you a speedy recovery.

played very well for for first half hour and was thinking terry has found his formation. no hayes this week to loose possesion in critical areas which cost us the games against hibs and dunfermline.

no one tried to shut down shiels at the killie goal, so he had a pop and scored. killie took over from there and were passing us to death. our players must have been knackered after the long journey to ayr on wednesday to be chasing shadows yesterday, but they stuck to their tasks .

killie had chances to win game, eg shot off post, but we nicked it at the death.

their keeper did not kick the ball from hand all day, always giving ball to back four whether we had players about or not.

their passing and movement was a joy to watch. thought tel was looking for us to play that way this season, when we got rid last year of our hoofers.

only gripe with killie was that they were very cynical when they lost possesion and we were on a fast counter. players chopping our players and taking a booking for the team.

thought from my seat that the foul on doran which led to his shoulder injury was a red card. no chance of taking the ball just a scything tackle to stop our player.

thought shinnie was good at left back and is now first choice in that position.

thought tade and foran worked their socks of but lost possion quite easily when pressured by killie defenders. we need a big strong forward who can hold the ball up like brewster used to do

morrison was effective in midfield also

one negative --- i thought golabart would have learned his lesson last week at aberdeen when his fancy footwork cost us the game at aberdeen.

he tried the same yesterday on the half way line and tripped over the ball leaving killie to storm towards our goal leading to a foul and free kick in a dangerous area on edge of box.

think this guy is going to cause us some grief in the games ahead. he looks very slow and pacey forwards will show him up i fear.

great to finally get a break with play allowed by ref to carry on for 2nd goal

Agreed about the Doran situation - I thought it was a straight red. it was actually the third swipe that Kelly had at him and he should have walked. And who was Dayton trying to impress at the end? He aimed a boot at the side of the tunnel and damned near caught one of the ball boys. Good to see that we had riled him that much though. Got to disagree about Golobart. He's not that slow for a centre half, and his possession of the ball was pretty good. Far from nearly selling a goal (Hogg nearly made up for that) some of his footwork to take the ball past the attacker and pass his way out of trouble was good. Hayes hasnae been at his best, but to say that he cost us the games at Dunfermline AND against Hibs is ridiculous really. I thought that we did play a passing game yesterday, and Killie came into it when they bossed our midfield (Ross and Morrison) out of their passing game. When it came back, so did we. We miss Cox more than I thought we would. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Agreed about the Doran situation - I thought it was a straight red. it was actually the third swipe that Kelly had at him and he should have walked. And who was Dayton trying to impress at the end? He aimed a boot at the side of the tunnel and damned near caught one of the ball boys. Good to see that we had riled him that much though. Got to disagree about Golobart. He's not that slow for a centre half, and his possession of the ball was pretty good. Far from nearly selling a goal (Hogg nearly made up for that) some of his footwork to take the ball past the attacker and pass his way out of trouble was good. Hayes hasnae been at his best, but to say that he cost us the games at Dunfermline AND against Hibs is ridiculous really. I thought that we did play a passing game yesterday, and Killie came into it when they bossed our midfield (Ross and Morrison) out of their passing game. When it came back, so did we. We miss Cox more than I thought we would. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

was at east end park, couple of mins to go, free kick on edge of their box. hayes did correct thing pass into corner to run down clock. passes straight to dunfermline player who go up field get free kick and the rest is history. everyone saw what happened against hibs with seconds to go

probably bit harsh on him on reflection,he is/was my fav player but was gutted to be 3-2 up and loose 2 points.

same yesterday when 2-1 up and into extra time we were passing ball forward morrison i think through middle of killie and ball going straight to their keeper giving up possesion.

when winning with seconds to go you dont get any more points for 3-1 than 2-1.

we need to learn to hold ball and if not possible hit to corner flags to wind down the clock.

I'm surprised that there's been a lack of praise for big Golobart: I thought he looked really classy. Excellent distribution and a cool head.

He got praise in the match report on here :-

Well, last week at Pittodrie young Spaniard Roman Golobart was crucified for his Spanish dancing. He must have been taking lessons as this week his potential was there for all to see, he even had time to woosh a couple of Killie players as he displayed an arrogance and panache that will glue him to the Caley Jags support, well done Golly and man of the match award fully justified.

• Agree 1

I can't believe Dayton got MOTM in the Sunday Post. If that reporter was in the main stand he must have seen the blatant diving. If he did see it, then that means he condones it. If he didn't see it, then what was he watching? Some of the antics of the killie players were embarrasing!!! :notlistening:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1