Green/Red dot Reputation System

dougal

7 members have voted

1. 1. Good or Bad System?

• Keep it going
    • Scrap it Immediately
    • Change the way it operates

I haven't done a Poll for absolutely ages so here goes

Not sure what forum this should be in so mods feel free to move it if you want but it effects all ICT fans on here IMO

Whats everyone's thoughts on this reputation voting system on this site?

IMO it seems to have been shamelessly stolen from Pie & Bovril but I stand corrected if i'm wrong

What I want to know is what exactly is the point of the whole thing?

As far as I can see certain users(me included) get targeted by the red dot brigade, while certain other users and their amigo's just green dot each other no matter what they post

Surely it would be better for each individual poster to see who is dishing out the green or red dots, that way there is no secrecy and underhand voting

I've voted option 3, keep it going but change it so it lets us see who is green or red dotting each post

The mods certainly seem to be able to see who dishes out the green and red dots so why can't we????:ponder:

Thoughts

dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

option 3

i gave you a green dot for this as i have had red dots for posts that are seemingly innocuous (sp) but i do tend to find that i don't agree with alot of your posts im afraid

Fair enough Tug, green dot right back at you :twothumbsup:

dougal

I'm going to abstain from the voting as i personally don't see the point in the poll, TBH.

It would seem more appropriate for the poll to be changed to "should moderators have the power to remove posts/threads/users that bring nothing, if not only negativity, to the forums"

EDIT: Is expecting a few red dots here, and can no doubt guess who from too

Edited by Gringo_Jnr
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Automatically generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: We don't do discussions on site operations by Mob Rule, if you have a point to raise, please use PM or Contact Page to get in touch.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post, and the moderator team will review it.

• Disagree 1

IMO it seems to have been shamelessly stolen from Pie & Bovril but I stand corrected if i'm wrong

The mods certainly seem to be able to see who dishes out the green and red dots so why can't we????:ponder:

I will address those two points as the thread can still be read even though it is closed.

It is not "stolen" from P&B shamelessly or otherwise ... we use the same software package as they do, and have done for years. Its a feature of the package not some proprietary coding they invented.

Reason mods can see who dished out what and to who is because they are mods and are tasked with running the site. Certain users abuse the system and mods need to be able to see who that is so they can remove the ability to post reputation points.

• Agree 1