Rugby World Cup

marks

Rugby Football World Cup begins today, do any of you have an interest? Who do you think will win it? Can Scotland better their best ever 4th place?

I am assuming that this post is in the correct section as this is "other football", think how many of you moan when the Americans call "Grid Iron" football, when really all the disciplines are just evolutions of the same game.

The Kiwis and Tongans squaring off in the Haka and Kailao, now there is a pre match psyche up that makes Celtic's huddle look like a male love in.

Edited by marks

True Zoid, I think we need a win against Argentina and we cannot let our guards down versus Georgia and Romania (this is where we will fail if we do fail) the England match is just one of those matches. It's the derby of all derbies and England are known for under respecting teams when it really matters, whereas Scotland win matches they should have no chance in but throw away matches against "lesser opposition".

Yip - for once we are benefiting from the TD. Ko 11:30 here and it's the weekend....:-) Quite a few from work are heading down - even one optimistic Scotsman who is going to the games from the quarters on....

All the games are being reshown in the evenings at the rugby club here so will be making a few visits. I think Scotland can make the last eight but the Kiwis are just starting to play 'run for fun' rugby at the moment....

I'd say that the Kiwis are going to get their bonus point today.

And there it is, try number four, bonus point in the league. Could FIFA not adopt a similar system? Score four goals = bonus point in league, lose by one = bonus point (the Rugby Union WC if you score four tries you get a bonus point and lose by less than 7 points is a bonus point)

Edited by marks

Really looking forward to the tournament.

Quietly optimistic about Scotland but you can just never tell with us. (At rugby or football or even ludo for that matter!)

I have however often wondered why are the kiwi's allowed to do the haka before games at all?

I mean what if we said "right from now on we're going to do a dashing white sargeant before all international rugby games..."

We'd be told to f**k off and rightly so. So why do the kiwis get to do thier "silly wee dance" as my good lady coined it?

Anyway, hear's to a good tournament! :drinking01: