Scotland vs. Romania

culduthel

It is lunch time here in Auckland NZ and I am watching another embarrassing display by a Scottish team. This time it is at rugby. It is hard to tell whether it is because Scotland are c**p or because Romania are better than expected.

Whatever the cause the plea from Scots based here in NZ to the Scottish rugby team is the same. Go home you bunch of bozzos and leave us here in peace in NZ to enjoy the Rugby World Cup - your presence here is a total embarrassment to us.

Go home now!

• Disagree 5

A bit harsh Culduthel. We were good for first 20 min and last 10 min. We were our usual bumbeling mess inbetween, dropping the ball, missed passes, missed kick off's, poor tackling and giving silly penalties away. lots of room for improvement especially in the scrum. There were signs, that when we get it together, we can play some decent rugby. but we need to do if for the full game. Bring on the Georgia :scotland:

Dewsburydude - we have never played Georgia at full International level but have played and lost to them with our 'A' Team. I predict another embarrassing performance for that game. As for Argentina we have played them twelve times and lost to them eight of those times. Not a great deal of hope there.

I can see all the Scots fans that have spent good money coming out here to NZ singing " We want our money back" at the Argentina game. Apt don't you think?

• Disagree 3

Only game I can find involving Scotland v Georgia is Scotland A v Georgia in 2008 and we won 69-3. I am watching Argentina at the moment and, now I am worried. I thought Argentina were not as good as they have been in recent years, but the are looking excellent. If only they had someone that could kick at goal. They would be out of sight V england at the moment!!

Scotland v Georgia

This will be the first ever match between the two nations in a competitive fixture although Georgia have faced Scotland A on two occasions, in 2008 and 2010.

Scotland A won 69-3 in 2008, however in 2010 Georgia won 22-21 in the IRB Nations Cup.

Looks like we have rung the changes in terms of personel, hope it doesnt backfire on us!!

Scotland: R Lamont; M Evans, N De Luca, G Morrison, S Lamont; D Parks, R Lawson(capt); A Jacobsen, S Lawson, E Murray, N Hines, J Hamilton, A Strokosch, R Rennie, K Brown.

Replacements: R Ford, G Cross, A Dickinson, R Gray, R Vernon, C Cusiter, C Paterson

The Georgia game was another major embarrassment for us. Major handling errors throughout the match. We couldn't score a try. We have scraped through with two victories against very poor opposition. Not a lot to be proud of there. I stand by my original assertion that this team is a bunch of bozzos. Send therm home!

• Disagree 1

The Georgia game was another major embarrassment for us. Major handling errors throughout the match. We couldn't score a try. We have scraped through with two victories against very poor opposition. Not a lot to be proud of there. I stand by my original assertion that this team is a bunch of bozzos. Send therm home!

That is not how the commentators saw it, it was seen as a hard won victory against a very powerful pack. The conditions were not good for free flowing, passing rugby and at the end of the day the result was in our favour. I bet you are the type of person who goes on holiday to complain about the accomodation whilst missing out on the wonderful sights and experiences a foreign country has to offer.

The accomodation here in Invercargill is the worst I have stayed in, in my life! As for the food - don't start me on that! Views what views? It's raining all the time, you can't see a thing! Hope things improve up North for the next game.

You may have noticed over the years Culduthel, that Scotland have a tendency to play at the level of the opposition at most sports. Gallant defeat to the best teams in the world, and scraping by against teams we should hammer. Two wins in games that we were expected to win. Now comes the bit where we are supposed underdogs, with nothing to lose. Fingers crossed for improved performances.

England are scraping the wins as well so here's hoping we can beat them and top the table. Looks like All Blacks in QF for runners up with the winners getting France.

Realistically though, and based on the performances I've seen so far, I dont see either Scotland or England progressing past the QF's. I predict the semi's to be All Blacks v South Africa and France v Ireland.

You may have noticed over the years Culduthel, that Scotland have a tendency to play at the level of the opposition at most sports. Gallant defeat to the best teams in the world, and scraping by against teams we should hammer. Two wins in games that we were expected to win. Now comes the bit where we are supposed underdogs, with nothing to lose. Fingers crossed for improved performances.

Crownjaggie you bring back fond memories of 1978 and Scotland 3 Holland 2 at Mendosa in the Argentine and many other major pointless victories in our history ( i.e. 1967 - Scotland 3 World Cup holders England 2 ). I agree with your analysis of what we should from now on call The Scottish tendency . Tonights game will be a good marker for it. According to the tendency, tonight we should lose gallantly and unluckily to the Argentinians or beat them by three or five points. Whatever one of those results it sets the tendency up for another major appearance at Eden Park next Saturday against England.

Three hours from kick off and I am conned into watching again.