The North Stand

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

The home atmosphere has been pretty flat this season but there hasn't been much to cheer about to be honest. It was much the same for the first period against Hearts but it certainly picked up after we got the goal and there was some good support for the team.

DO YOU HAVE THE X FACTOR

IF SO AUDITIONS TAKING PLACE

AT

TANNADICE AND CELTIC PARK

CONTACT SNOOP DON OR THIN LIZI FOR TRANSPORT

MAKE IT THROUGH TO THE NEXT ROUND AND YOU COULD GET VOCAL TRAINING AT FIDDY IHEs HOUSE

IT TIME FOR THE LIVE FINALS AT

TCS

1ST OCTOBER

TO FORM THE BAND CALLED

E

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

i was told to sit down by some guy that has never sat near us before until this season when we were coming forward i started to stand and he told me to sit that is what we are dealing with

Yip us too! Why sit in section e if you dont want to be part of improving the atmosphere. Plenty room elsewhere if you dont want to join in.

Was that just a bad day at the office on Saturday against Hearts ?? I was really disappointed at the lack of vocal support.

Sadly this now seems to be the norm at TCS :sad:

We definitely seem to have a lot more wifees or tartan rug brigaders in our support than other teams in the SPL the question is why???:ponder:

You only have to read the North of Scotland Cup final thread, the ICT supporters club seem to have been baking cakes at half time :amazed::slapme:

I know i'm repeating myself here but stadium location and layout is also a main factor in my opinion, an enclosed stadium with four sides is far better at keeping the atmosphere within the ground

Atmosphere will never improve while we remain at the dump :sad:

dougal

• Disagree 2

i was told to sit down by some guy that has never sat near us before until this season when we were coming forward i started to stand and he told me to sit that is what we are dealing with

I've had that too from some old yin who sits on his own. Quite ironic considering there's about 300 empty seats free toward the front rows of section E.

:sarcastic: Send yer wife to kiss the steward--that is one big blessing.

Dougal ,it's cold in the North and wifees and bairns need a blanket.

I needed oxygen I was so cold in August 2008 when I was last over.

These folks also pay their entrance money so bless them too...especially when the fan base seems to be dwindling.

It's always up to a fan's own choice ..some are vocal, some are sad, some are cranky noisy...... and some are the quiet types like IHE, sensitive, intelligent, watching every move , disecting every set-piece, shy almost to a fault. You know, the quiet , reserved type who shows up at every game no matter where it is located, always buys a programme and takes it all in .

Remember, Dougal, "they also serve who only stand and wait,

and them's the ones who pays the freight."

AYE! :sarcastic:

I agree with Dougal that the stadium design is not conducive to a good atmosphere, but regardless of the pros and cons of a move to a proper stadium it simply ain't going to happen any time soon. I also respect the right of the blanket and Werther's brigade to remain silent; although it would be nice for them to at least clap when we score a goal. What I object to is those who appear to object to those who do try to get behind the team and offer some noisy support. As I said on another thread, we need to find ways of getting more youngsters into the ground. Get enough in to get a good amount of noise going and it will be self perpetuating.

But above all, reintroduce standing areas. This is the single most important factor in the decline of crowds and the disappearance of a decent atmosphere.

• Agree 1

Seems like Section E is not living up to the atmosphere previously in Section G. I kept my seat in Section G and miss the boys - never ever told anyone to sit down there, so, why don't you all petition to come back?

And, old sourpuss Dougal, the Supporters Club were not baking cakes at Forres - it was a very special Harry Gow Birthday cake for Kath's birthday - so boo to you........jealous old so and so. Obviously you don't know how to celebrate birthdays with friends.

• Disagree 1

I agree with Dougal that the stadium design is not conducive to a good atmosphere, but regardless of the pros and cons of a move to a proper stadium it simply ain't going to happen any time soon. I also respect the right of the blanket and Werther's brigade to remain silent; although it would be nice for them to at least clap when we score a goal. What I object to is those who appear to object to those who do try to get behind the team and offer some noisy support. As I said on another thread, we need to find ways of getting more youngsters into the ground. Get enough in to get a good amount of noise going and it will be self perpetuating.

But above all, reintroduce standing areas. This is the single most important factor in the decline of crowds and the disappearance of a decent atmosphere.

I think you have a good point there.

I watched the Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal game last night and while UEFA insisted that all tickets must be seated for a CL game, Dortmund usually have large standing attendances which are hugely instrumental in making great atmospheres. I know it is impossible to compare ICT to European clubs like Dortmund and Arsenal but i think the standing issue is applicable nonetheless

Is it a coincidence that German football enjoys very healthy crowds and great atmospheres in games where standing, low ticket prices and alcohol availability are all common features at stadia?

There are also factors at TCS which unfortunately make any noise created whatsoever drown out before it gets twenty feet! The fact that the ground is very open means that it is very succeptible to the elements and with it, the noise is easily drowned out. Also the fact the all three stands are around 10m away from the pitch detracts for the matchday experience IMO because it at times it makes fans feel very detached from the game and players

Its no criticism of ICT but in hindsight they are stadium design flaws which no not assist our predicament

Seems like Section E is not living up to the atmosphere previously in Section G. I kept my seat in Section G and miss the boys - never ever told anyone to sit down there, so, why don't you all petition to come back?

And, old sourpuss Dougal, the Supporters Club were not baking cakes at Forres - it was a very special Harry Gow Birthday cake for Kath's birthday - so boo to you........jealous old so and so. Obviously you don't know how to celebrate birthdays with friends.

Quite right girls. Great to have women fans nowadays. They add so much that was lacking before. Maybe the club should have a nail painting concession installed by the pie stand, in fact make the pie stand a cup cake joint or some such. Also, sales of work could be a real moneyspinner.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Dougie Danger--you mean, you know, these old wifies that used to have pride of place sitting close to the hangman's rope or the guillotione doing their knitting. Could work, but it might be a tad depressing to begin with. LOL

Well, Dougal, are you really that old? Streuth! And here was me thinking that you were a wee laddie who needed a helping hand.....from all the boogiemen on here. Ha! Ha! :rotflmao:

Quite right girls. Great to have women fans nowadays. They add so much that was lacking before. Maybe the club should have a nail painting concession installed by the pie stand, in fact make the pie stand a cup cake joint or some such. Also, sales of work could be a real moneyspinner.

:rotflmao: