Celtic -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

2-0 away to Celtic, and having alot of possesion, isnt a bad result with the way things have been going for us.

Our next 5 games are all winnable, and should be looking to take as much points as we can. One day at a time. We arent the only team struggling for form this season, its going to click for us one of these days.

• Agree 2

Hard to find fault with any of the team today. Lost concentration and got dragged into Celtics game for about 5 minutes when changing from 10 men back to 11 and conceded the two goals...but aside from that, probably our best perforrmance of the season.

I'm disappointed - mainly because ICT deserved better. Had there been an Adam Rooney striker out there, they could of won the game, because there were quite a few good chances made that just needed that extra cutting edge. There was nobody who really had a bad game - Tokely played well, Graeme Shinnie looked good and Chppendale showed some quality out on the wing. Tade I must say is probably the hardest working player to ever wear the Caley Thistle shirt. He ran himself into the ground today and looked crestfallen at the final whistle. From what I could see as well, he really seemed to be the man who Celtic were afraid of, particularly Majoistivic who didn't seem to know how to deal with him at all. All Tade needs is a good goal scorer next to him to finish what he creates.

Overall a decent performance, with some good passages of play but just need that extra bite at the end.

Sounds as though there were plenty of positives judging by the radio commentary.next weekend is a much sterner test than previous years, and we managed to feck them up before, so tough games ahead.

Methinks Dunfermline will be our saviours this season as they blow themselves out, but it will be close maybe. Then again, with a fully fit Hayes........... pffft, piece of cake.

Renegade. We seemed to post the same thing at the same time :laugh:

However, this Adam Rooney thing.............he is long gone, we have to move on, a la Munro and Duncan. The radio commentators made the same analagy, but in truth, I watched Rooney at Dunfermline in our first season down and he missed about six one on ones and he was castigated for this. He turned out OK.

This was a nil pointer. To be honest most of us were staring at a right humping. I think we will be pleasantly surprised by our endeavour today and with a bit more fortune could have made Celtic twitchy before the end. But, that's why they are near the top and we are at present footing the table.

I'll take on board Alternative Maryhill's report and make my judgement from there, should be interesting. It sounded as though we were finally getting rid of the injury crisis syndrome that is afflicting us, but fell short of going the whole hogg.

All very well getting plaudits for playing well, but the stats say we got beat and goal diff dropped again, again chances missed and that is getting to be the old story for us sor far.

Big test for ICT is next saturday against a pretty handy midden side, thay seem to be doing what we cant buy - score goals, Wonder when it will sink min to the management that Tade is not a striker and will not score double figures this season.

• Agree 1

not long home. guys played really well certainly in the first half. were pretty unlucky to lose 2 in quick succession. ryan had little to do in the game apart from that.

ross was immense yet again. as has been said tade worked really hard and the rest didn't do too badly either.

and big up to the boys for coming over to the travelling support at the end of the game.

Well first of all thanks to Johndo for making me laught at the 0-0 posts through out the thread. :rotflmao:

I came away happy today. I said pre match that a 2 goal defeat would be a good result (as long as we played well) considering this seasons form. We played well but lacked that finishing touch. If we had a striker like Rooney, we would have won that game. Yes, we are one player away from winning at Parkhead. Tade was outstanding. I went to a few bars around the stadium as usual, and after the game, one Celtic fan said that out of every player on the park, he thought Tade was man of the match. He ran them ragged and I can't help think how well we could do if he was re-deployed to midfield / right wing. Lots of positives out of today. The fighting spirit looks to be back, as opposed to the dire performance at Dundee United.

Also, I must add, fair play to the green brigade today. No IRA songs, just fun Celtic songs. The banners they displayed (how did they get them in?!) were tremendous. After about 20 minutes I look up and see a a massive banner saying:

NO STANDING.

Then about 10 minutes later:

NO SWEARING

Then my personal favourite:

NO AGGRESSIVE FLAG WAVING

:rotflmao:

Well first of all thanks to Johndo for making me laught at the 0-0 posts through out the thread. :rotflmao:

I came away happy today. I said pre match that a 2 goal defeat would be a good result (as long as we played well) considering this seasons form. We played well but lacked that finishing touch. If we had a striker like Rooney, we would have won that game. Yes, we are one player away from winning at Parkhead. Tade was outstanding. I went to a few bars around the stadium as usual, and after the game, one Celtic fan said that out of every player on the park, he thought Tade was man of the match. He ran them ragged and I can't help think how well we could do if he was re-deployed to midfield / right wing. Lots of positives out of today. The fighting spirit looks to be back, as opposed to the dire performance at Dundee United.

Also, I must add, fair play to the green brigade today. No IRA songs, just fun Celtic songs. The banners they displayed (how did they get them in?!) were tremendous. After about 20 minutes I look up and see a a massive banner saying:

NO STANDING.

Then about 10 minutes later:

NO SWEARING

Then my personal favourite:

NO AGGRESSIVE FLAG WAVING

:rotflmao:

I also liked the one "smile for the camera see you in court" Ive got a picture of it but i'm not sure how to post it

Today was the second time I've heard the green brigade/crowd staying quiet. It was weird. Don't remember hearing them at all in the first half.

They were certainly more lively in the second half. The whole stadium was buzzing. Green brigade chanting to fans at the other end of the park, and the other fans chanting back. Tremendous effort.

Can we try this at Caley park? Should be much easier as all it takes is the North stand to shout at the main stand and vice verca. I could see it now.

North Stand: CALEY!

Main stand: THISTLE!

CALEY!

THISTLE!

CALEY!

THISTLE!

I thought we have a 'if pigs could fly' smiley but can't seem to find it! :rotflmao:

On another note, and I hope I don't open up a can of worms here but, who are the couple that have started bringing the St Georges cross to the games? It was at Dundee United and I jokingly said I hope they don't bring it to Parkhead. Low and behold there it was! We have a bit of an unfare reputation as being closet Rangers fans (in the eyes of many Celtic fans) and i'm sure they'll see this as more 'proof'. I have no issue with a St Georges Cross as we have many English supporters and quite a few English folk living in the Highlands and of course a strong English element in out squad BUT I don't like how the flag has a teeny wee St Andrews Cross in the corner. Get it sorted!!! At the very least, have a St Andrews Cross the same size, not smaller! Just a personal quibble. Can of worms open...

:scotland:

Couple of questions

When did Celtic score in relation to the moment Proc got injured and Golobart was mobilised?

How did Golobart perform yesterday?

IIRC, Golobart had been on the park for about a minute when Ledley scored. I'd need to see them again to be sure, but I don't recall Golobart looking at fault for either goal. He looked fairly solid yesterday, but then Celtic really didn't create much after they'd scored their second.

On another note, and I hope I don't open up a can of worms here but, who are the couple that have started bringing the St Georges cross to the games? It was at Dundee United and I jokingly said I hope they don't bring it to Parkhead. Low and behold there it was! We have a bit of an unfare reputation as being closet Rangers fans (in the eyes of many Celtic fans) and i'm sure they'll see this as more 'proof'. I have no issue with a St Georges Cross as we have many English supporters and quite a few English folk living in the Highlands and of course a strong English element in out squad BUT I don't like how the flag has a teeny wee St Andrews Cross in the corner. Get it sorted!!! At the very least, have a St Andrews Cross the same size, not smaller! Just a personal quibble. Can of worms open...

:scotland:

Are you for real?

Septic FC ashamed of nothing offended by everything

We have English players so why shouldn't we fly the St Georges flag at Parkhead, and on the other hand we should fly the Tricolour at Ibrox in recognition of our Irish boys

Stop pandering to the Old firm who cares what they think I certainly don't

Not really sure what your agenda is but we don't want this west of Scotland rubbish up here in the Highlands

dougal

Edited by dougal

dont think the defense could be at fault for anything yesterday exept maybe not closing down quickly enough which led to ledley's goal

felt a bit sorry for proctor yesterday was looked solid in his 20 minutes he got

would of loved to see meekings get on but it was probably to early