The Unthinkable

dougal

I'm a slightly worried man tonight, looking at the League tables of the SPL and the first division brings me out in a cold sweat despite the fact i'm trying to block the scenario out with some Staropramen

The unthinkable is us getting relegated and being replaced by the peg sellers

I think i'm right in saying that we have never finished below them in our 17years existence other than the debut season and that was probably due to the jaggies

IMO this has the potential to be a dagger in the heart to ICT and something we could take years to recover from, our success has always been built on the fact that we were and always have been the number1 team in the Highlands

Whats even worse is the fact that if they did get promotion theres a possibilty they could be playing their home games at the Caledonian Stadium due to their hovel not being compliant for the SPL

To be honest I wouldn't mind them getting promoted as the highland derbies will return but certainly not at the expense of us :ictscarf:

dougal

• Agree 1

I think having the gyppeg sellers in the SPL would be great for the local area and really raise the local interest in top flight football, bit of extra cash for us for half a season for renting the stadium (must remember to get some of those mechanics disposable seat covers though)

We spent a lot of last season in the top six and had an eye on European football for quite a few weeks too, so regarding County it doesnt count for much being at the top until the end of the season. (does it Dundee, eh)

As for swapping places with County that would be a tough one to take,they couldnt play at ours though Dougal if the worst happened as we would be in different leagues.

I think having the gyppeg sellers in the SPL would be great for the local area and really raise the local interest in top flight football, bit of extra cash for us for half a season for renting the stadium (must remember to get some of those mechanics disposable seat covers though)

We spent a lot of last season in the top six and had an eye on European football for quite a few weeks too, so regarding County it doesnt count for much being at the top until the end of the season. (does it Dundee, eh)

As for swapping places with County that would be a tough one to take,they couldnt play at ours though Dougal if the worst happened as we would be in different leagues.

If the unthinkable were to happen then they could play at TCS, so long as SPL fixtures were given priority over SFL fixtures.

If the unthinkable were to happen then they could play at TCS, so long as SPL fixtures were given priority over SFL fixtures.

Not sure what you mean there marks?

For those who are new to ICT we should of course point out the annual tradition known as the 'Ross C(o)unty April Collapse' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's far too early to worry about the possibility of County playing in a higher division than us next season. Despite a disappointing result today, we are only 5 points off a top six place and County are only 8 points off the bottom. There is more chance of County being 2 divisions below us next season than them being a division above.

• Agree 1

For those who are new to ICT we should of course point out the annual tradition known as the 'Ross C(o)unty April Collapse' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, should have put it more clearly.

If we were to be relegated and County promoted then County could ground share with us so long as County's SPL fixture list was given priority over our SFL fixture list. As you correctly point out though there is a lot of football to be played yet. County have got one advantage though, they have a Munro, whereas we have a mountain to climb.

Would the SFL allow it though?, we had to travel to Aberdeen except for a home cup game which we were allowed to play in Dingwall.

Sorry, should have put it more clearly.

If we were to be relegated and County promoted then County could ground share with us so long as County's SPL fixture list was given priority over our SFL fixture list. As you correctly point out though there is a lot of football to be played yet. County have got one advantage though, they have a Munro, whereas we have a mountain to climb.

No, you're OK, it was clear enough if I read it as a straight post. I just thought you were making a joke and got your SPLs and SFLs mixed up :slapme:

When we were promoted first time around our preferred choice for groundshare was McDairmid but SPL would not allow it because we were in different leagues. Falkirk tried to share with a lower league team but were also refused so I dont think County will be allowed to share with us.

• Disagree 1

When we were promoted first time around our preferred choice for groundshare was McDairmid but SPL would not allow it because we were in different leagues. Falkirk tried to share with a lower league team but were also refused so I dont think County will be allowed to share with us.

The SPL would not allow it because the SFL would not allow SPL games to be given priority over SFL games.

Additional information this is a cached page from the Scotsman-

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:f05Ijb97Qc8J:sport.scotsman.com/stjohnstonefc/Saints-reject-groundshare-plea-from.2498745.jp+caleythistle+ground+share+with+st+johnstone&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

The Spl never rejected the ground share with ST J, ST Johnstone rejected it.

However, Geoff Brown, the St Johnstone chairman, has rebuffed the request.

"Caley have approached us but it won't happen," said Brown. "The home club must have priority over fixtures, and if Caley were promoted and we were to stay in the First Division this would be totally impractical."

Edited by marks

I'm a slightly worried man tonight, looking at the League tables of the SPL and the first division brings me out in a cold sweat despite the fact i'm trying to block the scenario out with some Staropramen

The unthinkable is us getting relegated and being replaced by the peg sellers

I think i'm right in saying that we have never finished below them in our 17years existence other than the debut season and that was probably due to the jaggies

IMO this has the potential to be a dagger in the heart to ICT and something we could take years to recover from, our success has always been built on the fact that we were and always have been the number1 team in the Highlands

Whats even worse is the fact that if they did get promotion theres a possibilty they could be playing their home games at the Caledonian Stadium due to their hovel not being compliant for the SPL

To be honest I wouldn't mind them getting promoted as the highland derbies will return but certainly not at the expense of us :ictscarf:

dougal

All this based on one weeks tables. I predict that next week we will be tenth and County fourth. Were that the case would this thread have even been thought of.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2