ICT -V- Dunfermline : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Must admit I was quite impressed with Meekings today and I will hold my hands up and say that I was less than impressed with him pre season against forres and elgin but hopefully he will learn from terry and mo, though if memory serves me he played centre half in preseason not right back and maybe when he came on he should have gone in the middle and pushed proctor out to right back, he's got a cracking throw all the same as he was launching those balls into the box into a strong wind, as gallacher found outr with his kick outs.

Just one final thought on the penalty when proctor brought down the dunfermline player, where was shinnie as the guy was coming in on our left side and proctor was playing in the middle.

Advice to ICT players:

1. We can string two passes together - now lets try to get put three or more together.

2. No rash tackles in the penalty box - bad idea.

4. Don't hoof ball aimlessly up the park - bad idea.

3. Play for the jersey. Lets see some more passion from our new players (Tade & Meekings excepted).

Richie Foran may not be having his best season but he cares about the team, he has passion for ICT. My ears are still recovering from the moron sitting behind me who lambasted Richie endlessly today. Players can hear these things quite clearly. What good is slagging off a player like that going to achieve?

Our midfield looked uncertain, timid and were too easily over-run by Dunfermline. Too many new players trying to get used to each other. We had this problem at the start of season 2009-10. Absolute madness getting rid of Grant Munro and Russell Duncan (two good players who cared about ICT) - but too late to moan about that - our loss is County's gain. We need to move on. Take heart though, we are not (yet) cut adrift from the pack but we need to get results pretty soon to restore confidence and get some semblance of unity and team spirit on the park.

He had a very good game and even handled that little pain in the a*se Buchanan well after he came on. How many times has he haunted us through the leagues!

I suppose we can add Buchanan to the list of players that got away. If i recall we were keen when he was at Cowdenbeath, always thought he was a decent player and he has been a thorn in our side everytime he's played us.

I have to agree with all the posts about this game. First grumble i have was the system. now ross and tansey are centre mids and with shinnie and davis occupying those positions then playing the other two on the flanks is obsurd. If it was the only option then fine cant do much about it but the fact that chippendale who has shown himself to be a handy a wingr on the bench then why aint we playing him in the wide. Ross stayed out wide to be fair but tansey always cut inside meaning we had no width down the right with piermayre being the outball down that side. Dunfermiline i agree deserved they the point but they have shown themselves to be no better than us just better on the day as we were pants. Esson has to be my man of the match because he was a one man defensive line. Davis i thought was vastly improved from last week and tade as usual worked his arse off. I do agree about the issue with Mckay why he hasnt been used more but a 10 minute cameo at the end

Very, very poor.

As said previously, Ryan Esson you're a star. And Butcher didn't sign you. He had that little faith in your ability he went and spent money on another keeper good enough to get a game in many other SPL teams.

Wake up and smell the coffee people but, whatever you choose to do, please keep your shoes on as it's degrading.

Bad result, poor performance and we were flattered by the score to be honest.

Dunfermline were quicker out of the blocks and should have gone in a couple of goals to the good at half time. We stepped up the pressure but could not finish them off and left the door open for them to snatch the draw they fully deserved. Foran could not pass wind yesterday, although his cross for the goal was excellent after a slip by the defender.

We got caught upfield for the penalty but you could see it coming after we never capitalised on our slightly better second half showing.

Good to see Cox back and yes, Meekings can throw the ball a long way, possibly longer than Granty :bouncyblue:

Esson was in top form and he had to be, Tade was once again tireless and Rossco held it together at the back. Davis came on better the longer the game went on, but the rest i'm afraid were simply gash.

Terry needs to smell the coffee before it's too late as this is relegation form chaps and chapesses.

I am really disappointed after today's game. I don't understand why Butcher played te same team who were so pisspoor last week. Chippendale did well when he came on last week - did he get a chance this week? No. Why not? What does a player have to do to get picked? Not much obviously from the line up today.

Foran is obviously not fit - he needs a couple of weeks rest. And I say that as a big Richie Foran fan. At his best he is a great captain and gives 110% but he just hasn't managed that for quite a few games now.

Good to see Cox back and Meekings played well. so some positives.

All Butcher needs to do is get the players to put in the same amount of effort as Tade. Sorted.

Haven't given up hope yet of us staying in SPL. But it ain't easy staying positive sometimes.

CMON INVERNESS!!!!!

Foran has just had two weeks rest during the international break! Its just not happening for him and a few other players just now.

The midfield were overrun for the first 45, improved slightly after the break but overall woeful, Tansey/Shinnie/Ross are too similar and were playing out of position, he should have started Chipp to give us an outlet wide and try and get past their defence, didnt happen eh.

Piermayer is just a rightfooted Hastings with a similar skill level, hoofs to nobody most of the time, and what was that tackle about 1st min????

Rossco did ok, G Shinnie looked a wee bit nervous to start with and got caught out ball watching a few times, but the main problem is Proc, he is not a central defender, now that Meeking is back will he start alongside Rossco? feckin hope so, mind you having tel putting you into defence seems to the the touch of death for players this season.

As said before, having the same 11 start was a mystery, as it obviously didnt work well - why not freshen it up?

Anyway i'll be at TCS next week and will arrive full of optimism......

If anyone (including A96) thinks that Russel Duncan or Grant Munro would have made any difference yesterday, they are deluded. All Granty would have done would be to contribute to the very aimless punting upfield that others are accused of, and what people on this forum moaned incessantly about when he was here. TBH I didn't see too much of that yesterday, but what I did see was a team that is desperately short of the width needed to create openings in the middle for Tade and Foran. They don't have the ability to create these for themselves, but they are getting hold of the ball (which just makes it more frustrating) We really need Hayes and Doran back. Now. Defensively, Meekings has given us a choice and surely to God Hogg will be back at some point. If not, it's time to rehabilitate Golabert and put Proctor in a position where he isn't as exposed as he was yesterday. Piermayer being outy next week will create that opening. I think his only fault yesterday was not taking Buchanan out before he reached the area. The real fault lay with the two players who lost the ball in midfield when the game should have been shut down. Midfield wasn't great either yesterday TBH, Tansey and Davis seem too much alike. Cox should make it better. Onwards & upwards.

edited - spelling

Edited by davie
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Getting fed up of people with their love for Grant Munro and how he is what we are missing. He was a poor leader, below average overall defender and not good enough for the SPL. Today i thought Proctor played ok had to make the tackle, shame it wasn't made outside the box, but doesn't deserve the pelters he is getting today. Richie Foran was the worst player on the park today and has been like that all season, for him to come up to the fans after todays performance and tell us to keep our heads up is a joke! ill start to keep my head up when the team pulls their fingers out and start looking like they give a F**k!

You feel we're not missing a solid, reliable and committed centre half? GM not good enough for the SPL, but how many seasons has he played there? Shame Proctors tackle was in the box - PMSL thats a bit like shooting someone in the head with a gun and then in court claiming I never did anything wrong it's just a shame his head was in the way! :rotflmao:.

Foran played a poor game (not for the first time this season) although to be fair he set up the goal. But he's not the only one under performing, not by a long shot and that includes the management teams as they have brought these players in. I felt Foran was only clapping at the end and thanking the fans for sticking with the team, at least that's what I saw. People would be moaning if he just walked straight off saying that 'he isn't showing the loyals fans any gratitude' so he's damned either way.

Never mind all will be well when- We start to gell, get injured players back, find the system that works for us, play a passing game etc etc. Not to mention the stability brought from giving TB & MM the contract extensions so early, that will hopefully kick in soon too. :slapme:

Ok IMO he was anything but solid or reliable, ill give you committed because the boy really did try. But no matter how many seasons he played in the SPL doesn't mean he was good enough for it! Far to slow and gave possession away every time with his 'hoof ball' tactics stop backing up a highly over rated and below average defender! He is gone to a a lower division which suits him best. and with the proctor situation i meant he should have made the tackle outside the box when he had the chance 'SHAME IT WAS INSIDE'. 'never mind all will be well' excuse me for being negative but i am really worried for us right now. we were outplayed by Dunfermline at home, i fear the worst for next week as Motherwell can actually play a little bit of football!

• Disagree 2

There are problems within this club. The cause of such I dont know but I do know that, having watched two games back to back, one away and one at home, I have witnessed a very disjointed team. Indeed I'd go so far as to say this is not a team. There are eleven players on the park but none are displaying any sort of teamwork and the leader on the park is not displaying any sort of leadership.

These are all professional footballers, paid entertainers, who I would expect have ambition and desire to get as high up the chain as they can. The way to do that is to do the job to a high standard and sell themselves to the highest bidders. In the last two games I've not seen anything that suggests a desire among those players. Yesterday we were bad against a very mediocre Dunfermline. Dunfermline had far more chances than us to score but by luck and good goalkeeping they didn't. They didn't play all that well yet they got the chances.

We took the lead and instead of being fired up and going for the jugular we froze. We didn't run at them. We didn't look for space and work the ball. Indeed we didn't do very much. We looked like a team thrown together for the first time.

I was one of those angry at Richies gesture at the end. Was he being sarcastic? Was he genuinely congratulating the fans? I dnk know but I do know that he should have been apologising for the way his team, and indeed himself, performed.

Which beggars another question. We play well against a decent St Mirren side and get a win yet we cant do that against two mediocre teams. Whats happened to change things from Saint Mirren to the next two games? All I can see is that the contracts of the management team have been extended.

• Agree 3

Getting fed up of people with their love for Grant Munro and how he is what we are missing. He was a poor leader, below average overall defender and not good enough for the SPL. Today i thought Proctor played ok had to make the tackle, shame it wasn't made outside the box, but doesn't deserve the pelters he is getting today. Richie Foran was the worst player on the park today and has been like that all season, for him to come up to the fans after todays performance and tell us to keep our heads up is a joke! ill start to keep my head up when the team pulls their fingers out and start looking like they give a F**k!

You feel we're not missing a solid, reliable and committed centre half? GM not good enough for the SPL, but how many seasons has he played there? Shame Proctors tackle was in the box - PMSL thats a bit like shooting someone in the head with a gun and then in court claiming I never did anything wrong it's just a shame his head was in the way! :rotflmao:.

Foran played a poor game (not for the first time this season) although to be fair he set up the goal. But he's not the only one under performing, not by a long shot and that includes the management teams as they have brought these players in. I felt Foran was only clapping at the end and thanking the fans for sticking with the team, at least that's what I saw. People would be moaning if he just walked straight off saying that 'he isn't showing the loyals fans any gratitude' so he's damned either way.

Never mind all will be well when- We start to gell, get injured players back, find the system that works for us, play a passing game etc etc. Not to mention the stability brought from giving TB & MM the contract extensions so early, that will hopefully kick in soon too. :slapme:

Ok IMO he was anything but solid or reliable, ill give you committed because the boy really did try. But no matter how many seasons he played in the SPL doesn't mean he was good enough for it! Far to slow and gave possession away every time with his 'hoof ball' tactics stop backing up a highly over rated and below average defender! He is gone to a a lower division which suits him best. and with the proctor situation i meant he should have made the tackle outside the box when he had the chance 'SHAME IT WAS INSIDE'. 'never mind all will be well' excuse me for being negative but i am really worried for us right now. we were outplayed by Dunfermline at home, i fear the worst for next week as Motherwell can actually play a little bit of football!

Oh dear, did Grant steal your sweeties or something? Seriously though is GM Puyol? Is he Maicon? No. Did he ping inch perfect passes out of defence every time? No, but he played to his strengths and was a solid reliable player to suggest otherwise is nonsense, also the reason I believe he chose RC was family. Regardless you clearly think he was a terrible player for ICT, I don't and I think 99% of folk would agree with me and that's the last I'll say as I don't wanna labour the point.

Your point on Procs tackle never made sense to me the first time and it still doesn't, from what I saw he wouldn't have made such a tackle at all had his positioning been better. Though he was maybe left a little exposed.

My last paragraph regarding 'all will be well when...' was some what tongue in cheek and I would have thought most folk reading it would have taken it in that manner, perhaps it was too subtle for you.

Out of curiosity who do you think are our strongest centre halfs this season, bearing in mind we are the only SPL team who have not had a shut-out so far (I think)?

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by fraz
  • Agree 1

I haven't been at the past few games so I can't comment on how we played. I haven't said much on here recently but I want to give my two cents as to what seems to be going on.

I am seeing some worrying similarities between this season and the season we were relegated. In both instances we lack success in front of goal and we are persisting with young inexperienced players (in 2008-2009 we were playing the likes of Duff, Wood and Vigurs).

When I saw on Saturday?s team line up that we were remaining unchanged. I feared the worst. As much as I admire Foran?s loyalty to us I fear that he is being kept in the team because Butcher is scared to drop him. I?m sorry but if you are going to have him in the team then do not play him up front. Foran and Tade have managed 6(?) goals between them in a round of fixtures. It clearly isn?t working. We have other options on the bench who haven?t been given a chance. Why did Butcher even bother signing them?

I think Tade is a great worker and I admire his passion and commitment but he can?t be expected to carry the burden of getting all our goals. He should be played along side McKay or Sutherland, an actual striker NOT Foran.

Defensively it is hard to escape that we let Granty go. I highly rate Hogg, Gillet, Shinnie and Roscoe has calmed right down in recent years. Thomas seems to be the liability that Tokely used to be. He gets booked every game, my namesake can do a job but I wouldn?t be starting him. Last year our defence let us down a lot. This year I fear it could even be worse.

Although it has been mentioned too many times before, getting rid of Munro and Duncan was the stupidest most illogical thing we could have done. I can understand Terry wanting to build a team for the future. Who are these young lads supposed to learn from? Even if Butcher wanted keep both of them on the bench their presence as mentors would be very valuable. McBain and Golabek hardly got a game for us in the SPL but in any team you need a mixture of youth and experience. Rooney and Hayes had the guidance of these two. Over the past few months I have tried to justify why these two stalwarts were let go and I?m sorry but it can?t be done.

So what are we left with now? A group of teenagers who have not grown up in Scotland let alone Inverness so they have little connection or pride in the area, who know they probably are not going to be here for long and who have few people to instil the ICT passion that got us up the leagues, that kept us in the SPL for five years or even that got us back up first time. David Davis? Twitter summed it up for me earlier on. Your team is bottom of the league, you throw away 3 points yesterday and your last two games have been shocking performances and you complain about being called in? In some work places that?s enough to get you a disciplinary. It certainly doesn?t fill me and other fans with confidence that these loan players are playing with any sort of passion. I can think of plenty of players plying there trade in the Scottish lower leagues who are just as capable as them who would jump at the chance to play for ICT instead of them.

I wouldn?t in a million years suggest that we get rid of Butcher because I think he is one of the best things to happen to ICT. I can?t think of anyone who could do a better job. I do think his plans to change the club were too sudden and ill timed and I feel letting Munro and Duncan go is one of the stupidest things he has ever done. If he doesn?t make radical changes to the team line up in the next few weeks then I fear it could be too late for us.

• Agree 5

I am seeing some worrying similarities between this season and the season we were relegated. In both instances we lack success in front of goal and we are persisting with young inexperienced players (in 2008-2009 we were playing the likes of Duff, Wood and Vigurs).

You forgot to mention Barrowman the invisible.

How will Sutherland or McKay score, without anyone providing? I think Foran will score when he's got some service. He's done it before. Our biggest let down for goals is a lack of width. Playing people like Tansey and A.Shinnie wide just isn't going to work. Obviously, we need Hayes and Doran back but, in the meantime, Chippendale, G.Shinnie and Foran should be getting moved wide where they can provide. Without the ammunition, strikers cannot score - even ones that need a few chances like Tade and, dare I say it, Rooney.

How will Sutherland or McKay score, without anyone providing? I think Foran will score when he's got some service. He's done it before. Our biggest let down for goals is a lack of width. Playing people like Tansey and A.Shinnie wide just isn't going to work. Obviously, we need Hayes and Doran back but, in the meantime, Chippendale, G.Shinnie and Foran should be getting moved wide where they can provide. Without the ammunition, strikers cannot score - even ones that need a few chances like Tade and, dare I say it, Rooney.

that for me was the biggest problem on saturday, i was amazed at the formation we played on Satruday, we basically played without a right midfielder which is suicide.

Our midfield was almost like this:

LM----------CM-------CM--------RM

Ross----Davis----Tansey-------?

-------------A.Shinnie----------------

(advanced position)

We have numerous players capable of playing in wide positions even with Hayes and Doran out. Sutherland, Foran, Ross, Chippendale to name just a few

It is not helped by the fact that quite a few players are playing nowhere near their potential. I think the team needs a real shakeup and changes MUST be made to arrest this poor sequence of form/results

If we cant get the tactics correct, or the formation, or the personnel then what chance do we have!!

Butcher had two choices on Saturday....play the same team and hope they were suitably embarrassed by their own performance at St Johnstone that they would go out there and put on a performance more akin to that which they gave against St Mirren...or fire a shot across the bows by making a handful of changes in the hope that those coming in could slot quickly into the team and get us a result.

Personally I had expected the later. Butcher seemed to have gone beyond angry after the St Johnstone game and I really thought that he'd lost patience with some of the players...especially as it wasn't lake of ability that let them down...we all know the players/team are capable of better, they just didn't turn up.

With hindsight it's easy to say Butcher made the wrong choice...had he gone the other way and the result was the same then people would be on here criticising him making changes and that being the reason for defeat. Such is the life of a manager when things aren't going to plan.

As the idiom goes....Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me. The question now is does Butcher give some of the players the chance to fool him twice?

I think there's other issues, such as Foran. He's clearly not fit, but he's playing the martyr and doesn't want to let the team down by not playing. All very commendable, but he is letting the team down. Partly because he's not fit and partly because he's taking his frustrations at not being up to pace out on those around him. I'm sure there's others within the team capable of calling heads or tails at the start of the game...and beyond that, every man on the park should be there to help out everyone else, to gee them up and help each other out...you don't don't need a designated captain to achieve that. If that's the reason he's holding his place and keeping a fit/keen player on the bench then it's an act of folly.

Better to lose Foran for a couple of weeks and allow him to get back to full fitness than risk him getting worse and not being available for a longer spell. What's more, if he continues they way he's going then there's always the chance he will lose all respect from his team mates become a totally ineffective captain, or worse, it gets to the point where he's doing more harm than good.

• Agree 1

Oh dear, did Grant steal your sweeties or something? Seriously though is GM Puyol? Is he Maicon? No. Did he ping inch perfect passes out of defence every time? No, but he played to his strengths and was a solid reliable player to suggest otherwise is nonsense, also the reason I believe he chose RC was family. Regardless you clearly think he was a terrible player for ICT, I don't and I think 99% of folk would agree with me and that's the last I'll say as I don't wanna labour the point.

Your point on Procs tackle never made sense to me the first time and it still doesn't, from what I saw he wouldn't have made such a tackle at all had his positioning been better. Though he was maybe left a little exposed.

My last paragraph regarding 'all will be well when...' was some what tongue in cheek and I would have thought most folk reading it would have taken it in that manner, perhaps it was too subtle for you.

Out of curiosity who do you think are our strongest centre halfs this season, bearing in mind we are the only SPL team who have not had a shut-out so far (I think)?

Josh Meekings came on for 5 minutes and was already better than Grant Munro's whole career

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 8

Josh Meekings came on for 5 minutes and was already better than Grant Munro's whole career

have a greeny just expect some reds :redcard:

Nearly wet myself with laughter when i read this :rotflmao:

• Agree 1