CB: Tokely

RB: Meekings

LM: Ross

CM: Cox

CM: Tansey

RM: A. Shinnie

ST: Tade

ST: Sutherland

Give tuffers a chance, get gillet back in so he can cover shinnie when he goes for a run, cox a starter for def. and give foran a rest so sutherland can get a start, the boys dangerous whenever he steps foot on the pitch and maybe foran could rally the troops as a sub in the 70th min.

• Disagree 1

Esson

Meekings - Tokely - Golobart - Gillett

Cox - Tansey

Chippendale - A.Shinnie - Foran

Tade

With Cox in there, there's some bite and protection. That should help Golobart to return. He's got a lot of talent, so let's develop him. G. Shinnie rested after a couple of bad performances but definitely a big part of the squad for many years to come.

Alongside Cox would be either Ross or Tansey. I've gone for Tansey as he's a better passer but Ross would certainly be on at some stage.

Chippendale deserves his chance and A.Shinnie is developing into a mainstay of the team. Any poor performance and Tansey moves up, with Ross replacing him.

Up-front, I'm not so sure. Tade looks the most dangerous so can't really be dropped. However, Foran probably suits that Rooney role better. Probably Sutherland does too. But just on form, Tade keeps his position, with Foran going back to wide left. Both G.Shinnie and Sutherland are waiting in the wings. Possibly MacKay too, except he's not scored much over the years to look like the penalty box striker we need. We'll see what he's made of in training and sub appearances before staking our future on him.

So, that's my counter attacking style, with width, bite and goals. Back to what we're best at.

A good time to give Nick Ross a rest. He has been anonymous this season and with him in the midfield we have no power in the engine room. He has been a passenger for too long now, time to get off the bus loon. He will be a good player come time, but at the moment his tidy play is not what we need. Cox is a must and Davis seems to be the next best in the middle. Forans passing yesterday put Russell Duncan's passing to shame, he was hopeless. I like Foran, we need him in the side, but not playing like that.

Esson

Meekings Tokely Golobart Gillet

Hayes Cox Davis Chipper

Foran Tade

A half fit Hayes would be better than nothing, Sutherland to be first dibs when we need fresh legs and A Shinnie to freshen up the middle, with brother Graeme as an extra wide left player.

Ach what the hell Terry, just play the same losers....................

• Agree 1

My Team:

Esson

Meekings Tokely Proctor Gillet

Chippendale Cox/Tansey Davis Ross

Tade McKay

Subs: Tuffey, Golobart, Sutherland, Foran, G.Shinnie, A.Shinnie

Terrys Team:

Esson

Meekings Tokely Proctor G.Shinnie

A.Shinnie Davis Tansey Ross

Foran Tade

4-4-2

GK: Tuffey

LB: G. Shinnie

CB: Gillet

CB: Tokely

RB: Meekings

LM: Ross

CM: Cox

CM: Tansey

RM: A. Shinnie

ST: Tade

ST: Sutherland

Give tuffers a chance, get gillet back in so he can cover shinnie when he goes for a run, cox a starter for def. and give foran a rest so sutherland can get a start, the boys dangerous whenever he steps foot on the pitch and maybe foran could rally the troops as a sub in the 70th min.

Drop Ryan Esson! are u wise? and Gillet at CB? i think someone spiked your Cornflakes this morning mate.

Esson

Meekings, Tokely, Proctor, G. Shinnie

Cox, Davis

Ross, Tansey, Foran

Tade

Subs: Tuffey, Gillet, Golobart, Chippendale, A. Shinnie, Sutherland, McKay

4-4-2 for me

Esson

Meekings, Tokely, Golabart, G.Shinnie

Chippendale, Cox, Tansey, A Shinnie

Sutherland, Tade

Subs: Hayes (if fit), McKay, Proctor, Tuffy, Foran, Ross

We certainly need to freshen things up. Meekings was impressive when he came in on saturday and I think would be worthy of a start. Chippendale impressed me against Hearts and would probably add that width that we've lacked without Doran and Hayes. Foran needs to sit this one out and give shane his chance. Maybe he'll come on and show some passion and drive when he comes off the bench?

Cox was also impressive on saturday when he came on, and with young ross seemingly missing the last couple of games, he too perhaps needs to sit this one out.

esson

meekings--tokely--hogg/proctor--gillet

cox

ross---tansey

mckay-------------------------g.shinnie

tade

subs: tuffey, golobart, hogg/ proctor, davis, a.shinnie, foran, chippendale

tough game but hopefully we can get revenge for the undeserved 3-0 loss to them at the start of the season

it'll be good to see how meekings copes with nicky law or jamie murphy who ever is on motherwells left side it'll be a challenge for his first start im pressuming hes guarenteed a start with piermayr suspended

Edited by lukemackay

Completely agree with those saying Ross and Foran have been very ineffectual of late and are needing rested/dropped/kick up the rear end!

----ESSON----

MEEKINGS----TOKELY----PROCTOR (UNLESS HOGG IS AVALAILABLE)----GILLET

COX----DAVIS

CHIPPENDALE------------------------------TANSEY----------------------HAYES/SUTHERLAND

TADE

Meekings is a Central Defender, so put him there and push proctor out on the right.

Push A.Shinnie forward and play him as a striker alongside Tade...this roaming thing he's got going on just has him running about aimlessly. Give him a job and tell him to stick to it. Tade is a workhorse, utilise that by having him do the grunt work (as Bayne used to) and A. Shinnie has an eye for the target so get him in to position to utilise that more. We've also got McKay and Sutherland as options up front, but this is one area where you need to try and keep some familiarity in the squad.

Cox and Morrison in the middle of the park....take your pick for the wings, but let's have guys with a bit of pace who can utilise the width at TCS.

Well I wouldnt be far away from that sort of thinking CD. However I suspect that TB will now make two changes - neither tactical - one unavoidable in Piermayr - and if the disciplinary approach is unchanged then I suspect that Davis will be benched at least. TB will probably leave Proctor unfortunately and will slot in Meekins. He may well have been close to starting Cox anyway but Davis may now well have brought that decision forward and copped the drop.

But wouldnt it be nice if we did get rid of the bad and the ugly which would herald a host of changes. Unfortunately we had the games in the last three to four weeks to start implementing it all and change when we are facing Well,Killie,Cellic and the Jam Tarts may be yet another mistake but one that needs to be introduced sooner rather than later.

Esson

Meekings

Tokely

Golobart

Gillet

Cox

Davis

Sutherland

A. Shinnie

G. Shinnie

Tade

Subs: Tuffey, Proctor, Chippendale, Ross, Tansey, Foran, McKay

Back to the 4-2-3-1 which has fared us well in the past and gives us some solidity against a good Motherwell team. Five changes, including a revamp of the back four. Push Graeme Shinnie further up the pitch to give us width and bring in the solid Gillet at left back. Bring Cox back in and use Sutherland wide as we did at the end of last season. Drop Proctor, Ross, Tansey and Foran, as well as the suspended Piermayr.

• Agree 1

Piermayer is available for saturday, his one game suspension is vs Killie, look for him to start. Meekings looked ok but i heard TB is going to stick with Proc in defence??. i would'nt do that, but i'm not the manager....

Ross and Tansey need dropped, Stick on Hayes and Cox, give some width to the midfield, cant see much change with Foran/Tade likely to start, need a good performance on saturday as the games in nov won't be easy.