ICT -V- Motherwell : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Sounded like we should have gotten the 3 points if not for a defense as shaky as when the little pig built his house out of straw....

hopefully with hayes back as a supersub and the players knowing they can take on number 2 in the league and out play them we can GET OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE TABLE!

it'd be a shame if county made it to the big time and there wasn't a rivalry to match the old firm!

Edited by GMD11UK

First thoughts were that the season ticket holders were propping up the attendance figures

What a start we were all over Well, crisp passing, intelligent thinking,playing with passion and determination, the best well could do was to put the ball out of play,Well were kept quiet and wernt allowed to play, We had a lot of chances and I mean a lot.

At 2-1 up I assume the team thought they had it in the bag and had done enough to win the game but fair play to Motherwell they took their goals well and we were beaten by a team who didnt put as much into the game as us, didnt create as many chances as us but have a good eye for goal when given the chance (except higdons sitter in front of goal)

We did enough to win today against a team higher up the league than Celtic but they stole it at the end.

I have far more faith in our future now with the team that was picked, combined with the application and desire on display. I would rather be 6 points behind the pack and be supporting that team at this stage of the season than be 1 point behind the rest but be awful.

I hope Meekings isnt injured he has been a real find.

Foran playing in a far better position out wide left.

Tade, all I will say is if I had the choice of Higdon or Tade, I would actually pick Tade without a doubt, as he brings far more to the table.

The futures looking brighter guys and I certainly felt that I got my moneys worth for going to the game.

PS the Killy match is on Alba

• Agree 5

In a nutsheel daylight Robbery. There must be Well supporters going home now asking themsleves how on earth did we get three points here today.

The person I feel for most tonight is our Tel he must be gutted after watching that. After today's performance I have no concerns for the rest of the season and someone soon is gonna get a doing from us, that's for sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure Ryan never had a single save to make all day?

Gutted for the team. Cruel result. Best I've seen them play for a while. Good passing and commitment all round. Don't think Esson did make a save. Motherwell had 3 shots at goal and they scored. Disappointed to see so many of our fans leave after their 3rd goal. Good to see Hayes back. Onwards and upwards.

Seathing after today.

The attacking play today was the best weve had all season. Thought everyone had a great game going forward, including Foran, who i thought did his best to keep the attacks going and won almost everything in the air. Andy Shinnie and Tade also giving tireless displays. Thought Tansey was better but at the same time i think he could do more. Again several chances created but from some good saves from Rudolph and the cross bar could have easily been more.

You can see why Motherwell are 2nd in the league, they come to a game like today, dont play anywhere near their best and still take all 3 points but the nature of the win was very hard to take, ive never seen a more ridiculous straight red in my entire life. Murphy was getting away from Hogg sure, but from what i saw Murphy had at least another 2 players to beat before he even got near Esson. The 1st goal from Well looked like a foul as well, way i saw Hutchinson was climbing all over his man to win that header. Butcher said he plans to appeal the red and im glad.

It will take alot to pick the team up after this i think, they literally gave their all and again have walked away with nothing, i dont think there will be a need to ring changes, i thought Butcher got them right today though i would like to see Cox and Hayes start next week, theres no doubt their presence has brought a welcome lift to the team.

I say things cant get much worse...bracing myself for something to happen next week.

Our best performance of the season, unfortunately the result is the same..........absolutely gutted, enough to put you off tour drink.

see match report published.................... :notlistening::notlistening::notlistening::shrug:

we scored 2 today and conceded 3 that doesnt call for strikers that calls for defenders

Might be a moot point if it turns out Meekings is injured again, but did the people at the game think today's defence looked like it would be a better bet in the meantime than the Piermayr-Proctor-Tokely-Shinnie line-up? Three goals conceded doesn't sound great, but if those were just about Motherwell's only three chances then it suggests the defence did OK for much of the game.

Good to hear that the players seemed to be right up for it and that Davis and in particular Shinnie seemed to play well again. I've not been very impressed with Shinnie so far, but it sounds like he's started looking a lot better in the last couple of games.

Seething. If we have played better in a long time, I'd love to see it. Passing was great, appetite was there and passion in abundance. Motherwell are an excellent side, but we more than matched them today. As for the goals against, You couldn't legislate for Lasley's strike, it was brilliant. The free kick was farce from the moment it was awarded - yes, a free and a yellow, but Tokely was behind Hogg and it was not a goal scoring opportunity. In fact the only reason that the resulting free kick did score was by smacking Hayes in the dish and deflecting. So a sickening double whammy created from nothing. Inverness were great all over the field, but Andrew Shinnie and David davis were absolute stand outs for me. All this talk of "dodgy defence" etc, is nonsense - Hogg, Tokely and Meekings were excellent. On another point, it's also becoming obvious that the moron in the main stand section behind the dugout who keeps giving Butcher the verbals, no matter the score or performance, is treading an increasingly sticky wicket. That Butcher is reacting increasingly is evidence that this chap is getting through, and distracting the management team. Is it possibly time that Butcher asked to have the guy removed? Great display, great game ,wrong, wrong, wrong result.

• Agree 5

Robbed, utterly robbed. Is it just me or do ICT always seem to concede after Tade has been taken off? That was the wrong decision IMO. A far better performance this week and deserved at least a draw. Far better performances all round really, but while Foran was a bit better this, I still don't see how he seems to get 90 minutes. I would've taken him off instead of Tade myself. The defence was a heck of a lot better this week and the team seem to be far better without Proctor and Ross. Only way is up really, but I'm a lot more optimistic this week than I was last.

We hammered St.Mirren a month ago & only won 2-1........... we more or less also hammered Motherwell today & lost !!

Delighted though with positives of Meekings displays, Hayes back & Cox nearly ready. Tade so unlucky again not to score a couple.

• Agree 1

best display this season, well for 80 mins.

esson had very little to do

humprey hooked so gillet cant have had a bad game although his distribution of the ball is pretty woefull. plus he takes longer than pierymar to take a throwin.

we must be worst in league at throwins.

wasnt sure about davis this season but thought he was mom today

disappointed with sutherland, cost us 2 goals today.

first goal he lost possesion, albeit from a crap tade pass, he had 3 chances to get ball away but kept turning back into trouble. well get corner from possesion and score

2nd goal same part of pitch looses possesion again trying to get ball under control, breaks to lasley rest is history.

2nd goal really deflated him, his head went down and for rest of game was not showing for a pass, should have been hooked.

with players now returning from injury it is now time to "rest" haddy, sorry tade. he runs about but very little end product. cant hold the ball up front, poor touch, looses it far too easily.

went for a **** so missed him hitting bar, listening to tel's comments on radio it was easier to score than hit the bar.

we need a striker in january, some one to hold up ball waiting for support, and to finish.

apart from these 2 very good performance.

had to laugh after well 3rd goal. golafart ran to butcher pointing to well goals. think he was wanting to play up front. tel lost the plot, gave him the hairdryer treatment before throwing his notebook at him. priceless

• Disagree 4

Unbelievably unlucky today. The effort and determination of everyone in the team was excellent.Quite possibly best performance this season and certainly deserved at least one point.Terry n Mo must be wondering what they have to do to get a win.Hope we can build on todays performance and who knows what the future holds .Have faith our luck has to change.