CTO Fans - Give yerselves a round of applause

Lets face it - this is a small club and this Forum is a focal point. It is no coincidence that comments and pressure from CTO posters has influenced decisions made on the playing side.

That makes it feel all the better that the majority of the changes that we have suggested have been taken on board. Thankfully the manner in which we have presented our suggestions has been constructive, albeit relentless and at times reverse psychology, and have usually been backed up with a clear rationale.

It is nice to know that we can influence things, albeit indirectly, and hopefully our efforts will begin to pay dividends.

So take a bow - the posters who stuck to their guns and ignored some of the derision mooted by the blinded loyal.

Respect to the outspoken :twothumbsup:

• Disagree 4

Coincidence.

Ah the bitter response of the blinded loyal. Fan pressure has hopefully saved our season.

Coincidence is logical.In the magical universe there are no coincidences and there are no accidents. Nothing happens unless someone wills it to happen.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Lets face it - this is a small club and this Forum is a focal point. It is no coincidence that comments and pressure from CTO posters has influenced decisions made on the playing side.

I think thats a bit of a leap IHE.

As much as I would love to think that CTO, and its posters, have some degree of power and influence, (and I know of at least one former club official who would agree with you) in my own opinion, I think this comment far exaggerates any that we do have .... I know the site is read and talked about by those at the club, and it may even spark the odd internal discussion, because we are, as you pointed out, a small club and this is indeed a focal point. However it is not the only focal point of the club.

Is it not more likely, that a manager and backroom team with far more experience and playing ability (in their time) than most of us armchair or 'computer based game' managers simply came to the same conclusion that many posters did ... and changed things around. A happy coincidence yes, but a coincidence nonetheless ......

• Agree 3

I remember a few seasons ago in Brewster's second spell, a few posters started calling for Tokely to be moved to right wing. This carried on for a couple of weeks until ICT had an away tie against Killie where lo and behold, Tokely started at right wing. He then started in that position again the next week against Aberdeen. I always maintained that it was too big of a switch to just be a coincidence!

Edited by Renegade

Laughable

That is a bit unfair as I felt that Scotty made a fair comment there. If we had all be calling out the changes this week then fair enuff but what happened today is what quite a few have been shouting out fer weeks. The word that I probably should have highlighted was : "It is no coincidence that comments and pressure from CTO posters has influenced decisions made on the playing side."

In the magical universe there are no coincidences and there are no accidents. Nothing happens unless someone wills it to happen

• Disagree 1

That makes it feel all the better that the majority of the changes that we have suggested have been taken on board. Thankfully the manner in which we have presented our suggestions has been constructive, albeit relentless and at times reverse psychology, and have usually been backed up with a clear rationale.

It is nice to know that we can influence things, albeit indirectly, and hopefully our efforts will begin to pay dividends.

So take a bow - the posters who stuck to their guns and ignored some of the derision mooted by the blinded loyal.

Respect to the outspoken :twothumbsup:

Here's Ender doing what he does best in the River Yarrow :fishing:

dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

If things are that bad that the manager and assistant have to turn to the internet forum for tactical advice from people sitting behind their computers, then yes immediatley sack them.

In my opinion and without namecalling, this thread is beyond ridiculous

I cannot believe that after yesterdays display that some posters are still calling for the heads of Terry and Mo. Most of the best managers and tactitcians have looked around them for inspiration and this case is no different.

Terry and Mo and CTO taking on the feckin world - nothing ridiculous in that - it is actually quite enlightening and is bound to bring back that lost sense of togetherness.

Narcissism is not attractive Johndo.

Got to disagree. I think narcissis are very attractive. There's nothing nicer on a spring day to see those beautiful yellow flowers brighten up the day.

There is nothing more flowery and awe inspiring on an Autumn day than watching a side with a proper central defender, a captain in midfield, a young ignored striker leading the line, a more compact formation and a more effective system and a beginning of the "togetherness" bonding. Where the feck did that revolutionary influence come from ? :rolleyes:

Well, if Terry put out the team sheet based on the Internet fans' suggestions then methinks he has about thrown in the towel.

Or he is saying" O.K. you smart Alecs, here is what you want , now eat crow if it fails"

Either way it makes good copy on here; Call on Charlie Bannerperson when you need him--strangely quiet he is on here of late. :rolleyes: