Why is Laurel Avenue a dual carriageway?

Charles Bannerman

I stayed at no 9 the third house on the left from 1977-1982.

So did the odd numbers start at 5?:smile: Bet you're glad you didn't stay up the other end:lol:

Numbers 1 & 3 were on the corner I should have said the brown houses!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tomnahurich Street

Now that's interesting because in connection with another post some weeks ago, I checked the dates on some buildings in Tomnahurich St. The "Rendezvous" seems to be 1888 and the block opposite "Rossleigh's" 1893. From the look of the stone houses beyond the thatched cottage, that photo might be of further out near "Foxes". I must check the date on these as well but even from what's in the photo, it seems to date from maybe the late 1880s.

Tomnahurich Street

Now that's interesting because in connection with another post some weeks ago, I checked the dates on some buildings in Tomnahurich St. The "Rendezvous" seems to be 1888 and the block opposite "Rossleigh's" 1893. From the look of the stone houses beyond the thatched cottage, that photo might be of further out near "Foxes". I must check the date on these as well but even from what's in the photo, it seems to date from maybe the late 1880s.

Photo stated to be circa 1890

• 3 months later...

Yip the Electric flats built on the site that housed the ' witch's cottage ', at least that was how we as kids referred to it. Probably because the cottage was surrounded by a high thick hedge and the woman who lived in the cottage seldom made an appearance.

20 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

Yip the Electric flats built on the site that housed the ' witch's cottage ', at least that was how we as kids referred to it. Probably because the cottage was surrounded by a high thick hedge and the woman who lived in the cottage seldom made an appearance.

You'll be telling me next that you dragged her out of the house, carted her away to the Ness and chucked her in. She drowned.... so you decided she wasn't a witch after all.

Residential Course in Witchcraft for Today, Inverness

witchcraft-course-inverness.pngWhether you are a serious student of Witchcraft and wish to learn more or are interested in Witchcraft and would like an Inverness based activity holiday with a difference, this course set in an Edwardian mansion near Inverness City centre is what you are looking for. [read more here]

Meditation and Spiritual Awareness Course, Inverness

spiritual-course-inverness.pngAllow yourself to be taken on a journey of discovery. Look into your place on the spiritual path, find your energy and hidden talents. Devina McCluskie is a natural spirit medium and holistic healer who has successfully combined her role as wife and mother of four with her spiritual work for many years. [read more here]

Both of our courses run simultaneously and commence with an informal welcome gathering on Friday from 4pm with tea and cake.

Should you be interested in taking part in either or both courses, please contact us.

Arrangements can be made for one to run concurrently with the other if required.

2 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

You'll be telling me next that you dragged her out of the house, carted her away to the Ness and chucked her in. She drowned.... so you decided she wasn't a witch after all.

Casting aspersions Mr B ?  accusations of my being not only an abductor but one capable of murder ?? Good God man what have you been drinking ???

I will have to deliberate and come up with a suitable punishment or I could leave that to the Witch herself! I SUGGEST YOU TAKE GREAT CARE WHEN CROSSING THE ROAD, one never knows with the occult devotees she could be offended that you claimed she couldn't swim.