Tansey Appeal

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Just watched the incident several times and listened to the views of Strachan and Hateley. It will stand as the referee undoubtedly made the decision at the time and watching it in full motion Tansey does raise his arms and does look at Samaras before the challenge. It appeared that he was trying to put Samaras off (which he didnt need to do) and he gave the ref a decision to make. It once again calls fer a look at or discussion with the fourth official instead of immediately flashinng the red card.

Why on earth Celtic draw in so many fans I just dont understand, they are nothing special and have to resort to getting a man sent off to get the upperhand.

Thought this clip may be helpful to Celtic to help them on their way in their fight for 2nd place.

If it was said that it was an elbow the we may have a chance - two problems - when I watched it live I immediately thought that it was going to be a red card and lets face it - Tansey did not need to go in for the challenge, his eyes were on Samaras and not the ball and he led with his right arm. There was no malice but Samaras milked it - he may have got a wee slap on the dide of his face and a finger tickle in his eye - and then look at the positioning of the ref - he was right behind Samaras looking at Tansey - it may well have looked a lot worse to him.

What is it with all these appeal threads?

There is no point appealing its not going to change the result even if it was successful we are still going to be left with 0pts from yesterday

Yes the standard of refereeing is getting worse but we should remember that referees are there to do a job and mistakes have been made since football started over 100 years ago

Its called human error no-one is perfect and some ICT fans need to remember that before mouthing off and claiming there is some sort of anti ICT bias

Lets look to the future not dwell on what is now the past

dougal

• Disagree 4

Got to appeal. Show football for what it is. If we lose, accuse the refs of being biased every match until we get the decisions going our way. It worked for the other lot. And all they were angry about was not getting a penalty that TV evidence proved should never have been given.

Of course we have to appeal. Most believe it wasn't a red card so you would hope sense would prevail and it gets recinded. If it doesnt then I think butcher may get himself into trouble with the SFA!

Yeah it wont change the result yesterday but if we have tansey back we can stay with a more consistent side going into next Saturday.

• Agree 1

Not worth appealing this one as the ref clearly spots Tansey looking for Samaras before leading with his arm . It's a sending off by the letter of the law , a soft red card but a red card all the same .

What law?

Not worth appealing this one as the ref clearly spots Tansey looking for Samaras before leading with his arm . It's a sending off by the letter of the law , a soft red card but a red card all the same .

What law?

The law that governs the game of football . For the 2 that red dotted my post why not come out and say why you deemed it necessary instead of hiding behind the pathetic anonymous dot system ?

• Disagree 2

Except the Sunday mail.

Not sure what you mean. The paper refers to TB being "entitled to feel cheated after......Tansey's harsh red card" and that Tansey's was "right to feel aggrieved". Also says the greasy Greek "didn't cover himself in glory by laying down for treatment when none was required".

What law?

The law that governs the game of football . For the 2 that red dotted my post why not come out and say why you deemed it necessary instead of hiding behind the pathetic anonymous dot system ?

What is more pathetic is moaning about getting a red dot on a message board. Suck it up. Sometimes people can't be bothered replying to nonsense posts so just red dot it to show that its nonsense.

Not that it was me who gave you one since I was banned from giving out green and red dots ages ago lol

I didn't give you a red dot.

I'll ask again - what law of the game meant that it was a warranted red card for Tansey?