Celtic

Harry Chibber

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode their luck big style tonight.  Outplayed in first half, scored from a free kick that never was, tried to claim that Maloney's arm was played by the ball for the Man Ure penalty and then Boric is well off his line to save it. 

The fact that the underdog can get outplayed dor so long as still somehow snatch a win is what makes football great, and what has made ICT fans celebrate on a few occasions over the years.

I was smiling at full time despite having a few quid on Utd.

Guest eriboll

This result can only look good for Scottish football and a brilliant free kick at that.

What a shame though that Balde was not playing last weekend.

Personally I think Maloney is getting too much money as it is.

As I said on another forum;

Why should Strachan have gone up to and said that [his team should have scored 10]? Did you watch the first match? Man U could have, and should have, had a lot more then they did.

As for the match tonight. It was boring, and there was no action. It was obvious to me that Man U had Chelsea on their minds, as they hardly tried. In the end, they were beaten by a glorius freekick from a Japanese guy, who learned his trade in Italy...go figure.

As for Celtic themselves. They shouldn't be held with regard in this country at all. Their fans sing pro-IRA songs, claim that there is nothing wrong with it, claim that they are not a Scottish club, and the only flag you ever see at Parkhead has 3 colours on it, none of which are blue.

And the team? They were saved by a Pole, had a midfield that was bossed by a Dane and an Irish lad, and up front was a Dutchman. Celtic are a disgrace as a club, and the only benefit that will come from them progressing is the co-efficient rising, allowing truer Scottish clubs to have their chance in Europe.

As for Hearts. Expect there to be more tears when they travel to the wintery Inverness on Saturday.

I posted that up on a political forum, and am currently involved in what could only be described as a battle over;

a) That 'The Soldier Song', which is the Irish national anthem, should not be sung in Scotland by a team that claims to be Scottish

b) The study into sectarianism is flawed in so many ways

c) That although Celtic play in Scotland, there is no way in **** that I consider them a Scottish club.

d) They were beaten by a ManU team that just....didn't...try.

Yeah, quite right EWS.... They should be kicked out of Glasgow, out of Scotland and out the SPL....

They've been a disgrace to the illustrious city of Glasgow ever since 1887....

Scotland would be a better place without them, includin' that wee Strachan an' a' thae foreigners.... especially that slanti-eyed eejit, who couldnae hit a coo's erse wi' a banjo.....

Make the SPL less of a one horse race.... bulldoze Parkhed....get rid o' the lot.....

I have no idea whether you are being serious or not, so I am going to go out on a limb and say that above post was sarcastic.

With that in mind, my response would be;

I never said I wanted rid of them

I posted that up on a political forum, and am currently involved in what could only be described as a battle over;

a) That 'The Soldier Song', which is the Irish national anthem, should not be sung in Scotland by a team that claims to be Scottish

c) That although Celtic play in Scotland, there is no way in **** that I consider them a Scottish club.

I'd go even further and say that the English anthem should not be sung by a team claiming to be Scottish. At least theres no verse in the Irish anthem that refers to crushing rebellious Scots, nor indeed any other nation

I'd go even further and say that the English anthem should not be sung by a team claiming to be Scottish. At least theres no verse in the Irish anthem that refers to crushing rebellious Scots, nor indeed any other nation

The difference I would say there is technically "God Save the Queen" is the British national anthem, and as much as I do not like it, Scotland is still part of Britain, and so they are well within the rights to sing it without and problems.  But, yes, I would like to see them sing The Flower of Scotland instead of God Save the Queen.

We cannot really talk with Flower of Scotland considering it does mention sending "them home, tae think again."

While we are on the subject, congrats go to Rangers for securing the point that sees them through to the next round of the Uefa cup.  The first time since 1972 that two teams from Scotland have been in Europe after Xmas.  Incidentally, 1972 is the year that Rangers won the Cup Winners Cup, and as much as I hope that they make it to the final of the Uefa Cup (if just to have a home team at Hampden) I do not wish that they win it, as we would never hear the end of it.

Incidentally, who do people feel are the more "Scottish" club?  Rangers, or Celtic?

Incidentally, who do people feel are the more "Scottish" club?  Rangers, or Celtic?

What on earth are you trying to say, EWS? Both the OF have been a major part of a great Scottish footballing tradition which stretches back over 120 years.

Do you have some kind of a problem with the fact that Celtic's roots are inextricably linked to the influx of Irish immigrants that arrived in the west of scotland back in the late 19th century?

I find the bigotry asssociated with the OF as unsavoury as anyone else, but it has been around for a long, long time.... steps are being taken taken now to try and resolve these issues.... It probably won't be eliminated in my lifetime, but hopefully it can be kept under control.

It is perhaps an unfortunate fact of life, but Scotish football need the OF.... it would be a poorer set up without them.

The difference I would say there is technically "God Save the Queen" is the British national anthem, and as much as I do not like it, Scotland is still part of Britain, and so they are well within the rights to sing it without and problems.  But, yes, I would like to see them sing The Flower of Scotland instead of God Save the Queen.

We cannot really talk with Flower of Scotland considering it does mention sending "them home, tae think again."

While we are on the subject, congrats go to Rangers for securing the point that sees them through to the next round of the Uefa cup.  The first time since 1972 that two teams from Scotland have been in Europe after Xmas.  Incidentally, 1972 is the year that Rangers won the Cup Winners Cup, and as much as I hope that they make it to the final of the Uefa Cup (if just to have a home team at Hampden) I do not wish that they win it, as we would never hear the end of it.

As for Celtic themselves. They shouldn't be held with regard in this country at all. Their fans sing pro-IRA songs, claim that there is nothing wrong with it, claim that they are not a Scottish club, and the only flag you ever see at Parkhead has 3 colours on it, none of which are blue.

I find it interesting that on the same thread you completely slate Celtic for beating Man U to qualify for the Champions League and yet congratulate Rangers for getting throught their group for the Uefa cup...

:024:

TBH I would prefer that both clubs weren't part of our Country but I am happy to see Scottish players like McManus, Maloney, Adam, Boyd, Miller etc. doing well on the european stage and also the extra coefficiants are welcome... but as far as the "which club do you feel is more Scottish" ... couldn't care less they are both just potential notches on the ever growing ICT belt