Pub remains open despite complaints

Joonya

I wasnt trying to stir anything manny, just merely posting a link and asking a question.

Like I said, I've not been down since colin left, so i had no idea what the place is like these days...

I wasnt trying to stir anything manny, just merely posting a link and asking a question.

Like I said, I've not been down since colin left, so i had no idea what the place is like these days...

I know that young Rob, it's just that the article in the P&J completely vindicates the bar and licencee of any wrongdoing and explains all.

cheers

I know that young Rob, it's just that the article in the P&J completely vindicates the bar and licencee of any wrongdoing and explains all.

cheers

If that was the case then why does he have to turn the jukebox of at 22:30 when the pubs open til 01:00 ?

He does it so as not to give any cause for the neighbours to complain thus affecting his license. The board took the view that the Innes were taking all reasonable steps to ensure any noise is kept to a minimum and he conforms with the guidelines. Surely that shows that the pub is being self policed and is supportive of the surrounding community?

You will always get some noise when people leave an establishment late at night, but that is outwith the responsibility of the landlord if he has taken responsible steps to curb overenthusiasm. I have witnessed noise abatement in action within those walls.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, muchly changed, brighter ambience and a hive of activity for darts and pool, pub lunches etc. Colin was old school and well respected for it. Craig has reitalised the place and thrown in some new ideas, beer garden, sky tv etc.

All good in my opinion, and a free bowl of home made soup after every home game laid on for everybody...........yummy yummy.

Well done Craig and Collette :banana: and the Juke Box has some great tunes on it :rasta:

Been hearing nothing but good reviews of the place since big Colin left ( not having a pop at Colin there ) , great food and a decent pint and a jukebox that has every Pink Floyd album on it :banana: . Must pop in for a beer or 2 soon and try out the beer garden if the weather is suitable :rasta: