A9 to be dualled!

Fraz

I hear this morning they have confirmed the A96 is also to be dualled although i never heard a completion date.

Begins in 2016.

Great news, but what about in places like Nairn? They couldn't make it dual carriageway through there. I can't see it all being dual carriage way unless of course they make a Nairn bypass?

It must by-passed, as will Elgin, Fochabers, Keith, Huntly, etc..

I expect it'll have shitloads of roundabouts like the Inverurie to Aberdeen stretch.

I hear this morning they have confirmed the A96 is also to be dualled although i never heard a completion date.

Begins in 2016.

Great news, but what about in places like Nairn? They couldn't make it dual carriageway through there. I can't see it all being dual carriage way unless of course they make a Nairn bypass?

I expect it'll have shitloads of roundabouts like the Inverurie to Aberdeen stretch.

Are they not building a bypass in the Fochabers/ Mosstodloch area already?

Begins in 2016.

Are they not building a bypass in the Fochabers/ Mosstodloch area already?

Yes and the 1 and a half mile stretch is taking over 2 years to complete, funnily enough I spoke to a man only last week who is 91 and he used to work at Baxters, he told me that when they built the 'new bridge' in 1968 they aligned it so that the 'new road' would bypass the Fochabers high street. 43 years later :ponder:

I really wish that the SNP wouldnt come out with these ludicrous statements. To start dualling the A9 in 2015 and complete in 2025 and to have dual carriageway between every city by 2030. ??

So over a 10 year period around 90 miles of road will be laid, numerous bridges, flyovers and slip roads to be created on the Inverness to Perth road, whilst this is going on twice the amount of money will be required to join Aberdeen and Inverness and an Aberdeen bypass thrown in to boot with enough time to chuck up a new Forth road bridge in the evenings.

I think they are losing a bit of credibility coming out with this one,its too far fetched to be believed.

If they came out with an honest timescale of what they hoped to achieve year on year instead of announcing a vision, they would earn a lot more respect, sorry but I'm not getting sucked in.

I think the success of the M74 and M80 has started the ball rolling but I wish they would start something next week instead of talking about what will happen after the next election. They could have Perth to Dunkeld completed by 2015 if they really wanted to.

Its not a direct dig at the SNP either as I think they are currently doing better than the rest at the minute. I just feel its all talk for now.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Don't need a carrot PMF.

We are, always have been and always will be capable of running our own affairs.

Can't stop laughing at Danny Alexander slagging of our government for making a long term pledge. Aspirations......surely not! Wee Eck and co have comitted more to us in one minority government and a bit of real power than the rest of the clowns have given in decades.

At least we can be sure of something............there is absolutely no danger of ever seeing Danny's lot be in a position to do anything for Scotland ever again (not that the did in the first place). As Paul Weller said: 'You've made your bed you'd better lie in it!'

And no Scotty, not all politicians are the same. Neither are all doctors, nurses, IT workers, train drivers etc. It's just easy for the media to make us think that way.

Now roll on the final revolt!

• Agree 1