Matchday Thread: ICT -V- St Mirren

Scotty

Congratulations to Ross County on another fantastic result.

Agreed absolutely! I was through there today and it was quite incredible how County went behind twice whilst totally overwhelming what was still a pretty decent Raith team. Then County took complete control and got the win they thoroughly deserved. It's interesting how often journalists from the south come up to Dingwall with visiting teams and the comment is almost universal to the effect that County are by far the best side they have seen in the 1st Division.

The only thing that's restraining me here is that a certain BBC colleague of mine two seasons ago said that he expected Dundee to "skoosh" this division and.... well we all know what happened! :twothumbsup:

But the way things are looking at Victoria Park really tempts me to go along that road, although I'm resisiting it!

The bottom line (literally) though is that, 17 years on from breaking the central belt SFL Protection Racket, it would be absolutely wonderful to have two Highland clubs meeting in derbies in the SPL!

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2

Just finished watching the match on Alba. Well worth our win. I thought we controlled the second half apart from the last few minutes. Several good performances today - I thought Davis was outstanding, well worth his MOM. I particurarly liked his short interview at the end where it he talked about the team spirit. That shone through today and I feel a lot more comfortable that we can now stay away from the bottom. But we will have to sort out our defending at set pieces where we were all over the shop. My heart was in my mouth every corner St Mirren got. Gillet looked a lot better today, particularly going forward. McKay had a couple of nice touches. Its a pity he slipped just after winning the ball from their keeper with an open goal in front of him. Probably worth another go though.

Well done lads, I'm off to the pub now to celebrate.

Excellent result today for us. McKay was unlucky not to score straight after our 2nd and he was marginally offside when putting the ball in the net earlier in the game. It wasn't the best performance from us today and i felt a draw was on the cards but things went our way for a change, we could have easily been down to 10 men early on when Gillet handballed on the ground to stop the St Mirren player going through on goal. There wasn't many clear cut chances for either side in this game and i don't recall Esson making a real save which is good news although Thompson right at the start should have buried it instead of blasting it over the bar from around 10 yards.

I was impressed again with Davis and Shinnie today, and obviously Hayes who set up the first and scored the second. Without a player like Hayes we really do struggle and as long as he stays injury free all season then i think we'll be safe.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY